Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

It was a bad tackle but I don't think there was any intent on Taylor's part. It's unfortunate for Eduardo but Wengers comments after the game were ridiculous....saying Taylor should never play footy again.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tintin25 on February 23, 2008, 06:22:07 PM
It was a bad tackle but I don't think there was any intent on Taylor's part. It's unfortunate for Eduardo but Wengers comments after the game were ridiculous....saying Taylor should never play footy again.
Typical Wenger though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

J70

Quote from: Uladh on February 23, 2008, 06:18:10 PM

Should the punishment for a tackle be dependent on the outcome of that tackle?

I don't think so. Bad tackles happen - there's no getting around it, and its a risk everyone who steps onto a football field takes. Taylor caught Eduardo's standing leg, which is always going to come out much worse. However, a high, studs-showing tackle should be harshly punished, no matter what the outcome.

Dinny Breen

QuoteIt was a bad tackle but I don't think there was any intent on Taylor's part. It's unfortunate for Eduardo but Wengers comments after the game were ridiculous....saying Taylor should never play footy again.

So Wenger's not allowed be emotive after a game that saw him lose a player to an horrendous disgraceful tackle and then saw the referee gift Birmingham a point with a penalty that never was, I swear people on this board have never played sport at any level.....

#newbridgeornowhere

new devil

Horrible injury and wish Eduardo all the best

What was Gallas doing over kicking the 4th officials box while the peno was being taken ???

ONeill

He definitely didn't set out to break his leg and, as it was so early in the game, you can only accept it was badly timed and reckless. I'm sure Taylor is distraught right now. Feel very sorry for Eduardo. The first year of his big move, and he was becoming a mainstay. I'd imagine RVP is being fast-tracked.

Terrible result. Terrible concentration. Gallas is a very passionate player and would have been incensed at the way Arsenal didn't kill them off. Every game is a cup final now, starting with Villa on Saturday.

Worried though. Utd need to drop a few soon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tintin25

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 23, 2008, 06:58:11 PM
QuoteIt was a bad tackle but I don't think there was any intent on Taylor's part. It's unfortunate for Eduardo but Wengers comments after the game were ridiculous....saying Taylor should never play footy again.

So Wenger's not allowed be emotive after a game that saw him lose a player to an horrendous disgraceful tackle and then saw the referee gift Birmingham a point with a penalty that never was, I swear people on this board have never played sport at any level.....

Of course he's allowed to be emotive but his comments were still OTT. As O'Neill said....you can only accept it was badly timed and reckless whilst Taylor prob feels like crap. I wish Eduardo a speedy recovery.

ONeill

Some horrific tales circulating regarding his condition, to the extent of amputation due to blood supply problem - I'm hope that's just the internet Chinese whispers. 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 23, 2008, 05:10:08 PM
QuoteSure why doesn't Nani get Gallas charged for his assault last week?

What a stupid comment, Eduardo has a broken leg probaly career threatening and you trivialise it with that comment. Yet you're the same clown you cliamed Eboue tried to do Terry and should have been banned. You should really take your hypocritical comments to the one post a month thread, I think every Gooner here is getting tired off your anti-Arsenal paranoid rantings and ravings......

I am far from trivialising the matter Dinny. It's a life serious incident for the fella no doubt. I appreciate you are emotive tonight, as you are peeved with the result, and more importantly with the incident. I still agrere that Eboue should've been banned, as should and will Taylor. However my reposte was to the call for legal action. I never called for legal action for ANY incident, but agree it should be governed within the laws of the game 99.9% of the time. My reply, maybe was OTT re Nani, but it was to show how OTT the original comment was in my opinion.
As I said I know your pissed, but the name calling is not your style I'd of thought......

Idanach "As a chelsea fan you have a short memory remember  paul elliot (chelsea) taking dean saunders (liverpool)  to court? I know he lost the case but there is precedent for legal action. "

I am not sure what Paul Elliott does with his life has anything to do with me? I never told him to sue Saunders!

O'Neill fair play for throwing some reason on the debate, as I am unsure I could do in the circumstances.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Lads lets keep it in perspective,youse are losing the run of yourselves,of course it was a horrible injury but nobody died,he will receive the best medical treatment. It looked a similar one to cisses against blackburn a few years ago and he made a full recovery
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Aaron Boone

Quote from: ONeill on February 23, 2008, 07:13:37 PM
He definitely didn't set out to break his leg and, as it was so early in the game, you can only accept it was badly timed and reckless. I'm sure Taylor is distraught right now. Feel very sorry for Eduardo. The first year of his big move, and he was becoming a mainstay. I'd imagine RVP is being fast-tracked.

Terrible result. Terrible concentration. Gallas is a very passionate player and would have been incensed at the way Arsenal didn't kill them off. Every game is a cup final now, starting with Villa on Saturday.

Worried though. Utd need to drop a few soon.

Don't forget Chelsea.

Puckoon

Sensible:
Arsene Wenger has retracted his statement concerning Taylor and if he should play football citing that it was an emotional afternoon for all involved.

Ricidulous:
Former Birmingham manager Steve Bruce on the tackle:

"He would never, ever do anything malicious. He has mis-timed the tackle, and I've seen it. Some would say it is not even a yellow card."

Uladh

There's a very strong argument that only for the unfortunate damage edwardo suffered, taylor would not have been sent off

ONeill

Quote from: Uladh on February 24, 2008, 10:30:18 AM

There's a very strong argument that only for the unfortunate damage edwardo suffered, taylor would not have been sent off

Nonsense. The ref flashed the red card immediately without going anywhere near Eduardo.

new devil

The actual tackle wasn't the worst ive seen...it was just bad luck that Eduardo got so badly injured  :-\