Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Great to see the Goons struggle against OAP's like Maldini and I fancy Milan to finish the job emphatically at the San Siro in a fortnight's time, just as they did last year against Man Ure, leaving Chelsea and Spurs as London's only hope of European Honours this season ;D

Norf Tyrone

Holy feck  :o

Haven't seen the tackle yet, teletext states a horror tackle while radio 5 says not as bad as it looks! Good luck to the lad regardless.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

That was sickening and Taylor should get a 6 month ban minimum.

Commenting on the game after that would not feel right. It will be a long road to recovery, very sad day.....
#newbridgeornowhere

Aaron Boone

Eduardo will miss Euro 2008 with Croatia.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThat was sickening and Taylor should get a 6 month ban minimum.
I thought it was simply mistimed, I don't think there was any intent there.

Hopefully the lad will make a full recovery and get back on the pitch as soon as possible.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Dinny Breen

QuoteI thought it was simply mistimed, I don't think there was any intent there.

The only person who knows whether there was intent is Taylor, the fact that he got a straight red is obvious the ref thought there was intent. It was a stupid reckless tackle  and Taylor deserves a lot more than a poxy 3 game ban..

#newbridgeornowhere

ildanach

Terrible injury. I hope he recovers from it. He is young enough to. I had not seen it during the game. But the stills would make you want to puke. It reminds me of that break that larrson suffered.

It definately efffected the first half performance. Second half we should have closed out the game, Gallas was rightly disgusted at full time, however he acted like a school boy and went huffing. As captain he should be rallying the team together.
Injury list is mounting, only 2 fit strikers, although maybe with walcott in the goals today, he will get some confidence and may fill in up front.
2 points droped lets hope king kev can do us a favour!!- what is it he says himself" i would love it if we beat them" (well i would too kev!!)
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 23, 2008, 04:46:41 PM
[The only person who knows whether there was intent is Taylor, the fact that he got a straight red is obvious the ref thought there was intent. It was a stupid reckless tackle  and Taylor deserves a lot more than a poxy 3 game ban..

i wonder willl there be legal action, i remember after the tackle on diaby v sunderland a couple of years ago wenger hinting at it. IMO this was worse
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Norf Tyrone

Personally- and casting any bias aside- I don't think it was the worst tackle I've ever seen. He wasn't really over the top nor high, and it looked simply very badly timed. Probably deserved a red card, but don't agree there was a lot of intent.

Tacke of legal action is stupid. Sure why doesn't Nani get Gallas charged for his assault last week?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Puckoon

Poor fella, that just brought back memories of Big Peter throwing up when Busst got his leg done.

Points dont really matter after that, but It would be great if United get beaten.

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 23, 2008, 04:58:52 PM
Personally- and casting any bias aside- I don't think it was the worst tackle I've ever seen. He wasn't really over the top nor high, and it looked simply very badly timed. Probably deserved a red card, but don't agree there was a lot of intent.

Tacke of legal action is stupid. Sure why doesn't Nani get Gallas charged for his assault last week?

I'm sure he didn't mean to break his leg, but that was a dangerous, high tackle. Even if he had got there in time, he would have went over the top of the ball.

Dinny Breen

QuoteSure why doesn't Nani get Gallas charged for his assault last week?

What a stupid comment, Eduardo has a broken leg probaly career threatening and you trivialise it with that comment. Yet you're the same clown you cliamed Eboue tried to do Terry and should have been banned. You should really take your hypocritical comments to the one post a month thread, I think every Gooner here is getting tired off your anti-Arsenal paranoid rantings and ravings......
#newbridgeornowhere

ildanach

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 23, 2008, 04:58:52 PM

As a chelsea fan you have a short memory remember  paul elliot (chelsea) taking dean saunders (liverpool)  to court? I know he lost the case but there is precedent for legal action.

Uladh

Should the punishment for a tackle be dependent on the outcome of that tackle?