Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

QuoteAverage age of squad: 20.1 

take gilberto out and it brings it down to 19.4, i wonder what will the centre back partnership be tonight?

I read somewhere, but it may need verified, that the average age of Arsenal's team v Liverpool on Sunday was 25. Chelsea's and Man United's at the weekend was 26. It sort of suggests that maybe all this fuss about young boys of Arsenal might be exagerated?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

The average age of the 13 players that played against Liverpool was 22. The starting XI was 24, it's the Arsenal squad that is pretty young, much younger than the Man U kids that would the title, the Sunday Times did a good comparison at the weekend.

It was a stroll in the park last night...
#newbridgeornowhere

ildanach

i thought gilberto was very good. He was in the right place all the time and gave great cover to the centre halves. I hope he stays around in January but if he is not getting a game i doubt he will . I know wenger was making a point not making him captain last night but i felt sorry for him.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

hitzelsperger

i hope gilberto stays too, hes been a great servant and is the type of player who has a great game but is overt shadowed by Cesc, RVP and the likes, he does the simple thing and breaks up opponents attacks and sets up ours. Wenger was harsh not giving him captaincy lastnight and not even giving the mad german a run out between the posts shows that he is no longer wanted!

More positive note lastnight the youngsters were great, the young lad at left back looked promising, in the same mould as clichy and cashley. Eduardo showed he has an eye for goal and hopefully wenger will give him a run in first team cos i think he will score goals if given game time! Should probably make cup final again as long as we stay clear of chelsea who will no doubt field a full strength side from now on in.
The future is most definately bright!

Up the gunners!

Farrandeelin

Ah Jaysus O'Neill ya left out Giggs's goal in the 99 semi final! And the 6-1 scoreline at Highbury a few years back as well! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 01, 2007, 06:00:53 PM
Ah Jaysus O'Neill ya left out Giggs's goal in the 99 semi final! And the 6-1 scoreline at Highbury a few years back as well! ;)

The 6-1 was at Old Trafford.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

ONeill

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 01, 2007, 06:00:53 PM

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

5th April 1912: Arsenal forwards give the Manchester United goalkeeper a hard time during their match at Plumstead. Arsenal won 2-1

ONeill

Wenger has never had a problem off-loading players surplus to requirements, but I feel Gilberto is worth persevereing with until the end of the season. Arsenal will find it tough going during the African Nations Cup and with Gilberto still about he offers cover at the back. If Fabregas gets injured he'll also offer inspiration and know-how around the middle. As for Lehman....too dodgy now.

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

Arsenal are unchanged from the 1-1 draw with Liverpool so Gilberto stays on the bench. For Manchester United, Patrice Evra replaces John O'Shea and Ryan Giggs comes in for Nani.