Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo, Healy Park, March 26th @3pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 19, 2017, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmc123

Quote from: randomusername on March 26, 2017, 04:42:21 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 26, 2017, 04:35:21 PM
Very frustrating display.

Enough chances to win 5 or 6 but the decision making was terrible.

McShane is not county standard, McCurry was dreadful too.

Though Moran gave McCarron the runaround and Colm Cavanagh didn't seem to carry out his usual role effectively at all.

McCarron was our best player, I thought he was class, McNabb not far behind. Problem is we can't score

Thought McCarron marked Moran out of it. Least of Tyrone's problems.

ballinaman

Quote from: Jinxy on March 26, 2017, 07:19:16 PM
Lads, I know the Mayo medical team were already dealing with a suspected concussion but I was alarmed at,
a) how long it took for anybody to go to help Cillian O'Connor after he got that blow to the head
and,
b) the fact that he was then left on the field till the final whistle.
He was staggering like a newborn foal and if he got another knock after the initial one, he could have been in serious bother.
In that instance, the ref and his officials HAVE to step in and look after the player's best interests.
If there's any doubt about him, get him off, and I don't care if he has to be dragged kicking and screaming.
A) Dealing with Vaughan and on far side of pitch.
B) line of sight may have been obscured for medical team, can't see how he wouldn't have been taken off if they had seen him wobbling. Nobody watching the TV linked to medical team, definitely is warranted.

GetOverTheBar

Was at the game today, thought Moran was exceptional leading the line personally. Out in front, always ready to go again - almost a direct contrast to some of the Tyrone forwards. Some of the referees calls were odd for both sides but when he wasn't centre of attention it was a good game.

Tyrone's wide count was crazy, again - it's a major problem but Mark Bradley was a great stand out, he'll need to watch that dummy coming into the summer as a marked man now and probably Tyrone's best forward at present.

Good test for both teams, this Mayo side seem to have Tyrone's number but I suspect we might see this again before the end of the summer.

seanmc123

Took off with about 20 mins to go? ! If he was affective I think he would of been kept on no ?

joemamas

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 26, 2017, 07:45:18 PM
Was at the game today, thought Moran was exceptional leading the line personally. Out in front, always ready to go again - almost a direct contrast to some of the Tyrone forwards. Some of the referees calls were odd for both sides but when he wasn't centre of attention it was a good game.

Tyrone's wide count was crazy, again - it's a major problem but Mark Bradley was a great stand out, he'll need to watch that dummy coming into the summer as a marked man now and probably Tyrone's best forward at present.

Good test for both teams, this Mayo side seem to have Tyrone's number but I suspect we might see this again before the end of the summer.

You may want to look at game again before coming to your initial conclusion.
Andy turned the ball over time and time again, before finally getting subbed.
He tried hard but at this stage, time for plan B.

larryin89

Just back and reading the after match comments , I find it truly amazing that not a mention of the utter dirt from Tyrone at the end.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

As predicted. These was supposedly the two closest challengers to Dublin going head-to-head. Christ, our sport is fairly fúcked.

Ros to beat Cavan next weekend and rescue Mayo..

omagh_gael

Dire sure shite from us, a half decent u-14 team would have had a better conversion rate in the 2nd half. Absolutely scandalous that Colm and Peter didn't hit the target, 1even fecking making it over crossbar height, in that last quarter. This percentage shooting and constant recycling of half chances is starting to grate. How the f**k we managed to lose that game I will never know. At least McLaughlin had the balls to go for the winner and the technique to clear the bar!!

Jinxy, thought the Cillian incident at the end was strange. He appeared to be completely spaced out but the blow struck him in the neck. Can you get concussed in that way. Btw, RoN was a stupid numpty for that lunge, totally pointless and he deserves a ban as well as Mattie for the oetukent white with AoSe at the end

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 26, 2017, 08:17:51 PM
Dire sure shite from us, a half decent u-14 team would have had a better conversion rate in the 2nd half. Absolutely scandalous that Colm and Peter didn't hit the target, 1even fecking making it over crossbar height, in that last quarter. This percentage shooting and constant recycling of half chances is starting to grate. How the f**k we managed to lose that game I will never know. At least McLaughlin had the balls to go for the winner and the technique to clear the bar!!

Jinxy, thought the Cillian incident at the end was strange. He appeared to be completely spaced out but the blow struck him in the neck. Can you get concussed in that way. Btw, RoN was a stupid numpty for that lunge, totally pointless and he deserves a ban as well as Mattie for the oetukent white with AoSe at the end

It was Harry Loughran who caught O'Connor.

He must have been a late replacement for O'Neill in the matchday squad.

Jinxy

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 26, 2017, 08:17:51 PM

Not a concussion as such, but if you get a bang on one of the blood vessels on your neck which is near to the skin surface it can knock you out.
In terms of my initial comment, I meant that I was disappointed that none of the other players or officials went to his aid when it was obvious he was in bother.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: larryin89 on March 26, 2017, 08:03:18 PM
Just back and reading the after match comments , I find it truly amazing that not a mention of the utter dirt from Tyrone at the end.

What dirt?

The Loughran strike?

Poor form but the game was played in fairly decent spirits. Less needle that most Division 1 games this term, keep pedaling your nonsense though - Mayo are no saints. Cillian O'Connor has given out plenty of what he was the receiving end of today, which I don't condone btw.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: joemamas on March 26, 2017, 08:00:46 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 26, 2017, 07:45:18 PM

You may want to look at game again before coming to your initial conclusion.
Andy turned the ball over time and time again, before finally getting subbed.
He tried hard but at this stage, time for plan B.

Wouldn't agree with that at all, thought Moran gave McCarron the run around.

He consistently was out in front when the ball went in, made it stick and was able to lay things off. Tyrone could really have done with someone of his ilk today.

Just look at Parson's goal, Moran shows, gets the ball and lays it off to Parsons who buried it.

Though Mickey should have switched McNamee or Hampsey on to Moran a lot sooner. We need to do something to counteract the way Mayo were feeding off Moran but we negated to and paid the price. I thought he was invaluable to Mayo.

Rois

Felt like 3rd gear.  No intensity - to the point where I wondered if they even wanted to win.

I have to hope that Mickey and Co are working on something for the Championship that will come good some time.  It feels that any individuality is being squeezed out of the players as they play this zone system. 

sambostar

I don't agree Bomber. I was at it & thought McCarron was Tyrone's best player. He was right with Moran every time & turned him over in the tackle 3 or 4 times.

Anyway, it's the other end of the field that's the problem. Would be nice to say that today's shooting was a one-off but it's happening too often now. Even if we had COC for frees alone we'd have won today. Same old shite on frees today - Morgan, Harte, McCurry all missing from easier positions than COC was scoring from.

So bloody frustrating

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 26, 2017, 03:23:12 PM
Accidental? What attempt did he make to play the ball; none! Play the man yes!
I'm sorry,  but if that's a black card the game is completely bucked
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either