Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Cathal Mc Shane was fairly flying in Donegal at the weekend.In his car not on the pitch lol.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: ONeill on July 06, 2020, 05:38:49 PM
No word on Ballybofey and exact date yet?

Do children still throw eggs at cars on Hallowe'en night?

You'll be going to Dublin for that one I'd say if the low death rate continues.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on July 28, 2020, 08:48:13 AM
Cathal Mc Shane was fairly flying in Donegal at the weekend.In his car not on the pitch lol.

Just tested the knee out is all I think, must have locked on him the crater.

Eire90

Angelo

McShane out for the rest of the year after undergoing further surgery on his ankle.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyroneman

Quote from: Angelo on August 10, 2020, 10:30:16 AM
McShane out for the rest of the year after undergoing further surgery on his ankle.

better taking the time to get it right now than have it nagging on for years to come.

marty34

Quote from: tyroneman on August 10, 2020, 12:55:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 10, 2020, 10:30:16 AM

better taking the time to get it right now than have it nagging on for years to come.

Was there an issue with it or did he get injured again?

skeog

If your travelling at 170 kms be good chance of a little jarring lol.

Angelo

The Championship is going to be farcical this year in any case.

I'd be very surprised if Tyrone beat Donegal and I'd say there is a fair chance it might not go ahead at all. Makes more sense to play off the remaining two rounds of the league and start afresh around March straight into League action.

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on August 10, 2020, 02:56:28 PM

I'd be very surprised if Tyrone beat Donegal and I'd say there is a fair chance it might not go ahead at all. Makes more sense to play off the remaining two rounds of the league and start afresh around March straight into League action.

But what about the coin?

Thats all the top brass are really interested in

Angelo

Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2020, 04:35:17 PM

But what about the coin?

But we're still at a point where only 200/400 people can attend club games. Is it really going to improve much before the end of the year?

It's going to be a farce of a championship this year, whoever wins it will have a big asterisk landed beside their name.

Imagine an All Ireland final played in December where attendance is limited to 10k or something like that? There's no real point.

rrhf

Living in a covid /pandemic era might be a situation that needs to be managed for the next 10 years. Nobody yet knows. We have to get on with things as best we can.
There were all Ireland's won in difficult eras before now. Wars/ the troubles etc Not one asterisk against any of those wins.

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on August 10, 2020, 07:09:20 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2020, 04:35:17 PM

But what about the coin?

But we're still at a point where only 200/400 people can attend club games. Is it really going to improve much before the end of the year?

It's going to be a farce of a championship this year, whoever wins it will have a big asterisk landed beside their name.

Imagine an All Ireland final played in December where attendance is limited to 10k or something like that? There's no real point.

The TV money.

It doesnt matter how many are at the games - if they are ran off then the money comes in

Redhand Santa

The TV money is small in comparison to the gate receipts. If the county season comes back there will be tv money but there will also be a lot of costs associated with running county teams. The season certainly wouldn't generate any fortune without any crowds.

And this business of the gaa only wanting the money is a load of nonsense. If that's all they were interested in (and the tv was going to generate so much money) then they'd be playing the county season right now instead of club football and not waiting to later in the year when there is a far greater risk of things being cancelled.

I'm with rrhf on this one. If it's possible under the current guidelines play away at the county season. Give everyone some sort of an interest during autumn/winter other than premier league soccer. You here people say scrap it to March etc when it is highly likely things then won't be any different to now. You'd think from some people's comments that come 31/12/2020 covid is going to end and everything will just go back to normal. It's something we're going to have to get used to for a while and adopt round it and get on with things as best we can without taking huge risks at times when there is large outbreaks.

rrhf

The county board needs to raise as much money through these tv receipts as possible. Let's not be miserable, and subscribe. We need to help as much as we can here. I would have liked to seen teamtalkmag get a greater influence as they got the ball rolling years ago but the reality is is that anything generated helps us all here and stops the county falling further into debt. Support it if we can.