Tyrone v Kildare AIQF official thread!

Started by cadhlancian, July 26, 2009, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 04, 2009, 12:12:37 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on August 04, 2009, 11:58:48 AM
A bit like us these days then  :(

Except that the admiration isn't quite universal in your case  ;)

Is it even in existence?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2009, 12:28:18 PM
Its not nice yellowcard but its the way of the world.

It would be lovely if everyone played fair all the time and nobody stretches the rules but if you've watched Gaelic games in the last 100 years at all you'll not so many AI winners that have went through the whole season without a cynical foul. Even look at Kilkenny last year in the final

Speaking of this can anyone tell me when was Tyrone's last red card in a championship match.
Can anyone give me any stats on red cards for the past 5 or 6 years?

I'd say its very few.
Last ones i can think of are o'neill & canavan in 2005 ulster final (which were both rescinded)
before that canavan v derry (cant remember the year)
i'm going back to 95 v derry to remember another one
certainly wouldnt be a bad disciplinary record in the championship
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

longball

Cant believe Colly Cavanagh never even got out. sort it out MH!  :P
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

supersarsfields

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 04, 2009, 12:45:09 PM
Its not nice yellowcard but its the way of the world.

It would be lovely if everyone played fair all the time and nobody stretches the rules but if you've watched Gaelic games in the last 100 years at all you'll not so many AI winners that have went through the whole season without a cynical foul. Even look at Kilkenny last year in the final

Speaking of this can anyone tell me when was Tyrone's last red card in a championship match.

I'd say its very few.
Last ones i can think of are o'neill & canavan in 2005 ulster final (which were both rescinded)
before that canavan v derry (cant remember the year)
i'm going back to 95 v derry to remember another one
certainly wouldnt be a bad disciplinary record in the championship

I'm assuming you mean straight red?

SidelineKick

Kevin Hughes 2006 in Omagh.

I'm shocked C Cavanagh didnt get on either, I wonder why this was.

Reported.

Fuzzman

It was weird to see Brolly bumming up Kerry and Spillane bumming up Tyrone over the weekend

I'd say Spillane is praying for a Kerry v Tyrone final just to get a good days arguing out of Brolly

nrico2006

QuoteSpeaking of this can anyone tell me when was Tyrone's last red card in a championship match.

I'd say its very few.

Gormley against Armagh this year.  2005 Ulster Final Replay when SON was wrongly sent off (later rescinded) and Canavan was dismissed just after coming onto the pitch when he was dragged about by McKeever who for some reason only got a yellow card when he was the aggressor.  
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyronefan

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2009, 01:35:38 PM
It was weird to see Brolly bumming up Kerry and Spillane bumming up Tyrone over the weekend

I'd say Spillane is praying for a Kerry v Tyrone final just to get a good days arguing out of Brolly

Kerry is hoping for another shot at Tyrone because they will never be considered the great team they think they are as long as Tyrone keeps beating them in the games that count.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I'd say its very few.

Gormley got lined for a second yellow late on against against Armagh. But I'm struggling to remember the last straight red in the championship. Probably was Hughes against Derry in '06 as yer man mentioned above. But that was against Derry... count the reds shown to Derry v Tyrone.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

020304 Tir Eoghain

Did Canavan not get a straight red v Derry in Clones in 2001?
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

clarshack

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on August 04, 2009, 02:12:50 PM
Did Canavan not get a straight red v Derry in Clones in 2001?

i seem to recall PTG being sent off in the 1996 ulster championship. was it against derry as well?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 04, 2009, 11:51:46 AM
QuoteI don't defend any type of goading no matter who it's from. This isn't an isolated incident involving this player. His ability as a footballer will always be tarnished by the antics throughout his career which he obviously deems necessary to give him an edge over his opponents. A decent footballer, yes, but his antics prevent him from being one to be admired.

If something gives you an edge, are you telling me you would not utilise that to your advantage?  That's potentially the difference between winning and loosing, and I would be near certain that it's the attitude of the like of Conor Gormley that has resulted in him walking off the pitch a winner alot more often than a loser.  He does not do anything that lots of other players are involved in now or in the past.  His ability of a footballer will stand up there with the best of them, what exactly has he done that is so terrible that his legacy will be tarnished - I would say that a player who was clearly witnessed swinging an elbow (Dermot Earley) at an opposition player would have a greater chance of being remembered for the wrong reasons, if remembered at all.

??? ???

Jaysus lads can yee all move on and get over it. As a Kildare supporter, I have. Have yee not got a semi-final to be looking forward to??
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Fuzzman

Fair play to you Hollow you have shown some good common sense and analysis over the past week.
We know we're no angels and dont pretend we are but at least you took your defeat well and as Mickey Harte said its probably the best challenge that has been put up to this Tyrone team for some time.

Both teams had their fair share of spoiling and had we lost we'd have been whinging about how players take out big Sean with all sorts of tactics but that's the nature of the game. In the semi final last year I had to listen to this family behind me, especially the mother whinge the whole game at the Northern Ref. McEnaney about every tackle being too robust as she couldn't get over the intensity at that level.

Well done and try not to balls up Leinster next year as McGeeney is a winner, even if I don't particular like the man & his methods sometimes.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Colm Cavanagh didn't get on cos big bro didn't get the scores required to trigger the clause in his contract

SidelineKick

Quote from: tyronefan on August 04, 2009, 01:43:28 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2009, 01:35:38 PM

Kerry is hoping for another shot at Tyrone because they will never be considered the great team they think they are as long as Tyrone keeps beating them in the games that count.

What a nonsensical comment.  It is obvious, especially after yesterday, that Kerry aren't bothered by what everyone else thinks.  They know what kind of team they are and being beaten 3 times by Tyrone will hardly make them feel sorry for themselves.  If they can win an AI and beat Tyrone along the way then obviously they will get that particular monkey off their back and I have no doubt they'd get a little bit more satisfaction beating them rather than anyone else, but another AI would show the entire country just how good a team they are, regardless of who they beat in the final.

Some Tyrone people care alot more about the fact that they've won the games against Kerry than Kerry do about losing them.  As I said I'm sure Kerry would like to end all the talk about them not being able to beat Tyrone but its hardly a necessity for having another successful year.

Reported.