Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

B.Donnelly was very cery harshly sent off yesterday!

By all accounts Eglish got the raw end of the stick yesterday!

ceol agus peil

As a neutral spectator of this board it is interesting to note Wee Roddy's comments on this game. While not condoning the incident at this league game I did not notice any condemnation of the 2004 Ulster Club Semi-Final when Carrickmore met Mayobridge and a Carrickmore supporter assaulted a referee. Also Roddy it is interesting to note your lack of comments on previous Carrickmore league games but why post comments on this one tie with Dromore. Why so much intrest on this one game. Will you also be in attendance at the Carrickmore v Omagh game and comment on this game. As I mentioned in previous posts Shane Mc Mahon did not get up yesterday morning to purposely break anyone's leg.
Sent from my iphone

tyroneboi

Quote from: LandErIn on August 10, 2009, 02:25:13 PM
boy at work says that Paddy McGuckin (Edendork) is Moneymore's manager in the Derry Intermediate ranks.

Indeed he is. Think he helped to manage Edendork towards the end of last year.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 10, 2009, 02:50:34 PM
In Division 3 right now, Aghaloo need four points from their last four games to secure the league title. The only team that I feel has any chance, and it's only a slim chance, of catching them is ourselves. Aghaloo could win the league if they beat Newtownstewart next weekend, Fintona lose and Brocagh & Tattyreagh fail to win. Otherwise the next round of fixtures on 30th August where Aghaloo meet Fintona could decide the league title.

The 2nd - 5th places for play-offs are looking keen as well, Fintona, Brocagh, Drumquin, Tattyreagh, Errigal Thirds and Brackaville the main contenders however Drumquin have played a game more than the rest at this time, Owen Roes has an outside chance if they finish strong and some other results go their way (if Fintona, Brocagh or Drumquin win the JFC it will help them) but everyone else below them are pretty much out now.

Even though they have ran away with the league this year I don't think they are that great a side. Would be very surprised if they stayed up in Division 2 next year and it will be very tough going for them. Thursday evening could be the end of the Fintona challenge anyway Fionntamhnach  :)

orangeman

Quote from: ceol agus peil on August 10, 2009, 05:14:20 PM
As a neutral spectator of this board it is interesting to note Wee Roddy's comments on this game. While not condoning the incident at this league game I did not notice any condemnation of the 2004 Ulster Club Semi-Final when Carrickmore met Mayobridge and a Carrickmore supporter assaulted a referee. Also Roddy it is interesting to note your lack of comments on previous Carrickmore league games but why post comments on this one tie with Dromore. Why so much intrest on this one game. Will you also be in attendance at the Carrickmore v Omagh game and comment on this game. As I mentioned in previous posts Shane Mc Mahon did not get up yesterday morning to purposely break anyone's leg.

I agree that Shane would not have intended to cause such injury. But the incident with Mayobridge / Carmen ref happened 5 years ago and I don't think Roddy would have been thinking about that this morning.

Hope Kevin isn't as bad as is being talked about.

DCR

Quote from: Final Whistle on August 10, 2009, 03:27:39 PM
B.Donnelly was very cery harshly sent off yesterday!

By all accounts Eglish got the raw end of the stick yesterday!
In whay way did Eglish get the raw end of the stick yesterday? They were at Home and the ref was being assessed by Mickey Hughes so if Brendy Donnelly was harshly sent off presumably he will get his red card rescinded. We will have to wait and see. Also how many accounts is "By All Accounts" and how many were neutral?

LeoMc

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 10, 2009, 01:48:44 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 10, 2009, 12:43:43 PM
I can assure anyone who thinks that the incident that happened in the Carrickmore Dromore game was an accident, it was not. McNally had passed the ball and 3 seconds later he got hacked below the knee. How is kicking someone an accident when a man has fisted the ball away seconds before it. McMahon picked on a soft target and a complete footballer. He never went near Gabby McCallan, Ciaran McAleer or Paul Hughes all day. He is a coward no matter what people say about him being a "physco".

Terrible news about Maco, when did this mc Mahon boy come on the scene Roddy? If indeed it was intentional then the ref will have it in his report surely.  I would say mc Mahon will have his day ahead going by a few of the posters on here today!

Was he not the same Lad who got away when Shaun O'Neill got red carded in the wrong against the Moy and further back did a bit of a Mike Tyson impersonation in the 2006 Semi-final when Carmen turned up the heat?

Redhand Santa

I can assure anyone who thinks that the incident that happened in the Carrickmore Dromore game was an accident, it was not. McNally had passed the ball and 3 seconds later he got hacked below the knee. How is kicking someone an accident when a man has fisted the ball away seconds before it. McMahon picked on a soft target and a complete footballer. He never went near Gabby McCallan, Ciaran McAleer or Paul Hughes all day. He is a coward no matter what people say about him being a "physco".

Saw him play earlier in the year. Didn't seem to interested in the football but a good row starter.

LeoMc

Getting tight at the bottom, good points for Coalisland and Killyclogher.

Remaining games (apologies for any errors but I am sure you all will not be shy pointing them out)

Eglish            (3 points): Clonoe (a),         Coalisland (h)  Trillick (h)         Dromore (h)
Loughmcrory  (6 points): Killyclogher (a),                       Omagh (h)       Ardboe (h)
Kildress          (8 points): Aghyaran (h),                         Carrickmore (a) Coalisland (h)
Aghyaran       (9 points): Kildress (a),                            Moy (a)            Omagh (h)
Killyclogher     (9 points): Loughmcrory (h),                    Ardboe (h)       Clonoe (h)
Coalisland       (9 points): Dromore (a),       Eglish (h),     Errigal Ciaran (a) Kildress (h)

A couple of big games in there (4 pointers if you like) which will shape the bottom of the table.
Killyclogher v Loughmcrory and Kildress v Aghayaran next up with the Eglish v Coalisland game in hand the following week.

How do the relegation play-off's work this year? Teams currently on 11 points will still need points as all but the bottom 2 should reach that marker.

TonesAbú

Kildress are at home in all their final games. They need to beat Aghyaran and Coalisland IMO to stay up.

tyrone86

Quote from: LeoMc on August 10, 2009, 08:54:57 PM

Terrible news about Maco, when did this mc Mahon boy come on the scene Roddy? If indeed it was intentional then the ref will have it in his report surely.  I would say mc Mahon will have his day ahead going by a few of the posters on here today!

Was he not the same Lad who got away when Shaun O'Neill got red carded in the wrong against the Moy and further back did a bit of a Mike Tyson impersonation in the 2006 Semi-final when Carmen turned up the heat?

Naw, different lad altogether.

LeoMc

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 10, 2009, 09:49:52 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 10, 2009, 08:54:57 PM

Naw, different lad altogether.

Fair enough. I think you are right Tyr86. It was a previous Dromore Wing Forward. I don't want to give McMahon more baggage than he deserves.

Aaron Boone

Dromore finally won in 07 cause the footballers on the team at last outweighed the hothead generation.
In 08 they should've/could've have won as well (10-9 loss AET).

redcard

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 10, 2009, 10:39:00 PM
Dromore finally won in 07 cause the footballers on the team at last outweighed the hothead generation.
In 08 they should've/could've have won as well (10-9 loss AET).

think about what you have just said there aaron  :o

Aaron Boone

Just to clarify RCard, Dromore have been a top team since the 1970's, but of course never won the O'Neill Cup until 2007. From the last couple of days, one only has to go between-the-lines of certain posts to see that, within their eyes, there is a certain element of Dromore that wasn't always 100% sporting.

That attitude amongst fellow Tyrone gaels sprung from the 70's /80's time and is hard to shake off for the club. Those certain 'hard men' and younger brothers of same are all off the scene now.

The team that won in 2007 retained lots of those footballing genes but also had an influx of new blood, and thus that winning team should be disassociated, in pure football terms, from the underlying 'hothead' theme that is about Dromore football.