South Armagh woman attacked in Chicago

Started by mhacadoir, April 24, 2010, 06:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

That's very sad, I would have hoped that she would have had some life by now. Terrible.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Quote from: armaghniac on April 22, 2013, 10:41:09 PM
That's very sad, I would have hoped that she would have had some life by now. Terrible.

The headline says it all. People assumed Natasha would have recovered but she hasn't.

Heart wrenching stuff. A hard read alright.

stew

Awful stuff altogether, the sad thing is the majority on here want this type of healthcare system in the States, it is sub par care and unfortunately this poor girl could be a poster child for it.

I am disgusted that the American Insurance Companies get to wash their hands of her the moment she leaves the Country, they should have to honor her insurance to the end whatever that may be.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Nally Stand

Were the medical bills paid by now or is there any ongoing fundraising?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

tyssam5

Quote from: stew on April 22, 2013, 10:46:06 PM
Awful stuff altogether, the sad thing is the majority on here want this type of healthcare system in the States, it is sub par care and unfortunately this poor girl could be a poster child for it.

I am disgusted that the American Insurance Companies get to wash their hands of her the moment she leaves the Country, they should have to honor her insurance to the end whatever that may be.

Good to know you are able to fully evaluate the merits of two systems based on one sad and complicated case. You never cease to amaze.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Walter Cronc

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on July 10, 2013, 04:51:46 AM
Here is an update on the two scumbags in this attack

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/marcy-cruz-bucktown-bat-attack-214808901.html

Very gaunt looking. Sure sign of drug issues there!! Any more word on the poor girl Mc Shane??

stew

Quote from: tyssam5 on April 23, 2013, 08:00:14 AM
Quote from: stew on April 22, 2013, 10:46:06 PM

Good to know you are able to fully evaluate the merits of two systems based on one sad and complicated case. You never cease to amaze.

We can comment on whatever we like on here son!

There is a time and a place for playing the man,  this was not it, I offered an opinion and I would have thought you might have had the  gumption to understand I am entitled to said opinion, you and your opinions of me  are irrelevant to me.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

In Chicago at the moment. Headline news. This dirtbag has just been found guilty on all counts.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2013, 12:03:14 AM
In Chicago at the moment. Headline news. This dirtbag has just been found guilty on all counts.

I sincerely hope this sc**bag spends the rest of his life in prison.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

omagh_gael

Great news. What sentence is this piece of dirt likely to get?

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 23, 2013, 12:39:25 AM
Were the medical bills paid by now or is there any ongoing fundraising?

Natasha had her own insurance when she came over to Chicago. The insurance company couldn't get her out of Chicago quick enough. Sent her home in a special flight to Belfast. After that she went down hill rapidly after picking up a bug in the Royal.

She was making great progress at North Western hospital. However the trip back to Ireland and the failed operation at home dealt her a huge blow. I'm convinced if she was to finish her recovery at North Western she would be a lot healthier girl today.

Not sure a bout the medical bills and how they were paid but the Irish diaspora raised approximately $500,000. I'm unaware of any new fund raising although I think you can still donate on line.

AQMP

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 25, 2013, 12:21:47 AM
Great news. What sentence is this piece of dirt likely to get?

According to BBC NI news the sentence could range from 6 to 125 years.  Considering his accomplice got 22 years as part of a deal, I'd say it'll be closer to the 125 than 6.