internet problem

Started by RealSpiritof98, January 12, 2010, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Can someone resolve my problem?

I seemed to have lost all search mechanisms online. My laptop had a virus about 2 weeks ago and a mate fixed it, but since then I have been unable to search anything on google, the homepage comes up ok but when i search I just get a clear white page. I logged into yahoo and the same thing happened.

It might be something simple to the IT heads but i haven't a clue. plus its doing my head in.

mylestheslasher

can you manually type in a site address and go to it?

Perhaps try and install Google Chrome and see if the problem exists in that program in the short term, most virus's like to attack microsoft products.

ardmhachaabu

Get HijackThis.  Install it, run it and post the log file it generates here
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ONeill

Anyone finding their internet connection very slow tonight? (BT)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hoof Hearted

its either because liverpool won 5-0 or torres scored for chelsea
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

5 Sams

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 12, 2010, 04:31:51 PM
Can someone resolve my problem?

I seemed to have lost all search mechanisms online. My laptop had a virus about 2 weeks ago and a mate fixed it, but since then I have been unable to search anything on google, the homepage comes up ok but when i search I just get a clear white page. I logged into yahoo and the same thing happened.

It might be something simple to the IT heads but i haven't a clue. plus its doing my head in.

PM Aidan Mallon...he'll sort you out..
The Aristocrat Years