The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on March 13, 2017, 10:22:21 AM
Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on March 13, 2017, 09:26:09 AM
weny to the ballinakill abbeyleix match yesterday as is thought it would be competitive after the disaster i witnessed that morning in the heath, total mismatch ballinakill missing a lot, but did notice they were playing 2 slieve margy players, meaning that the result might be the least of their problems

Ballinakill as in the Ballinakill Park Ratheniska Gaels u16 team?

Slieve Margey players are cleared to play in this amalgamation,if that's what your on about.

The Portlaoise u16's conceded their game also.

The 'Gaels' part should have been a giveaway.

BallyroanAbbey

Quote from: Don Draper on March 13, 2017, 10:32:35 AM
weny to the ballinakill abbeyleix match yesterday as is thought it would be competitive after the disaster i witnessed that morning in the heath, total mismatch ballinakill missing a lot, but did notice they were playing 2 slieve margy players, meaning that the result might be the least of their problems

Slieve Margey players are cleared to play in this amalgamation,if that's what your on about.

No i meant the senior game that was in heywood yesterday

clonadmad

Our Lady's Templemore v Kilkenny CBS All Ireland semi-final fixed for O'Moore Park, Portlaoise this Wednesday at 2pm.

For anyone that wants to see a top level schools game

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on March 13, 2017, 10:35:16 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on March 13, 2017, 10:32:35 AM

No i meant the senior game that was in heywood yesterday

We thought you meant the u16 game,when you posted in the future of Laois Hurling thread.

ClashAsh

Does anybody actually know who was appointed as manager of Ballinakill senior hurlers? It was previously reported that a former intercounty manager was taking over but who actually ended up in the position.

mountrath1

And if I can ask...Why are you worried about Ballinakill management at this time of the year!!

ClashAsh

Jeez cool the jets. Had heard a while back or maybe read it in the newspaper they are set to appoint a former intercounty manager and was just curious who that was or who they ended up appointing. This is a general gaa forum where people discuss all sorts of GAA related topics?...yeah.?

clonadmad

Leinster P.P. Sch. Juv. H. "A" League S/Final Full Time:
Good Counsel Col.  2-9, Laois Schools  0-13

TP Ashe

90+ primary school boys at Cuman na bunscoil trials during the week.

Big take up from few schools in traditional hurling areas who hadn't previously attended. Final panel of 30 to be picked.

clonadmad

Confirmed,No referees available for any u12 games this year.

Ref it yourselves there lads,can see that working out well all right

Target Man

Quote from: clonadmad on March 31, 2017, 05:22:53 PM

whats the general approach in other counties? Dont think many use adult refs,but could be wrong. Possibly use refs from whatever the youth ref program is called.

Also the biggest driver of whether "ref it yourself" will work will be the behaviour or coaches and parents on the sideline

Don Draper

Quote from: Target Man on April 01, 2017, 08:31:36 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on March 31, 2017, 05:22:53 PM

whats the general approach in other counties? Dont think many use adult refs,but could be wrong. Possibly use refs from whatever the youth ref program is called.

Also the biggest driver of whether "ref it yourself" will work will be the behaviour or coaches and parents on the sideline
Yea, I agree here, not ideal but surely mentors are adult enough to referee a match fairly.

clonadmad

Any serious hurling county has proper refs over u12 games

Laois has lost 15 refs in the past year and only replaced them with 5,a shortfall of 8 in one year alone.

There are 14/15 clubs not supplying any refs to either code,In the likes of Tipperary and Galway,If your Club does not supply a ref,your club cant play in any competitions,full stop.

One Final point,if a player gets injured,the first thing insurance will look for,is the refs report,if there's no ref .........

Downtheroad

The clubs have to take responsibility as they are not supplying referees. The county board can't do much unless the clubs buy in. In any case the level of abuse emanating from the sideline would make anyone have to question why they would take up refereeing. However,  I don't see any reason why a go games ref 17/18 can't handle an under 12 game providing they is cop on coming from the line.

clonadmad

The clubs won't take any responsibility if they are let away with it.

Supposing we have a net loss of another 5/8 refs next year,what happens then?.

The solution is fairly simple,from 2018/2019 each club in Laois must have a ref in place,otherwise they are barred from all competitions.