The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: deiseach on October 08, 2012, 02:27:02 PM
This is shocking:

No it's not, this sort of shit always comes out at election time, nothing to see here!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Declan

GOP Congressman: Evolution a Lie 'Straight From Hell'
Paul Broun, a Physician and Scientist, Runs Unopposed for Re-election

Republican Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia, a physician and member of the science committee of the House of Representatives, said recently that evolution, the Big Bang Theory and embryology are "lies straight from the pit of hell."

"It's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior," Broun said in a speech available on YouTube.

Nick Coltrain, reporting for the Athens Banner-Herald, wrote that the video was taken at the 2012 Sportsman's Banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga., on Sept. 27, 2012.

Broun continued that the Bible — which he calls "the manufacturer's handbook"—teaches not only "how to run our famimiles ... (and) our churches, but it teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society. And that's the reason as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me as how I vote in Washington, D.C."

In the video, Broun said that "as a scientist," he has found data that shows the Earth was created in six days, and no older than 9,000 years.

But well-known scientists, including science educator Bill Nye ("The Science Guy"), disagreed vehemently with Broun's views.

"Since the economic future of the United States depends on our tradition of technological innovation, Representative Broun's views are not in the national interest,". "For example, the Earth is simply not 9,000 years old ... He is, by any measure, unqualified to make decisions about science, space, and technology."

Broun received a B.S. in chemistry from the University of Georgia and a medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia.

Broun's spokeswoman, Meredith Griffanti, told the Athens Banner-Herald, "Dr. Broun was speaking off the record to a large church group about his personal beliefs on religious issues.

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Quote from: Declan on October 08, 2012, 03:49:29 PM
GOP Congressman: Evolution a Lie 'Straight From Hell'
Paul Broun, a Physician and Scientist, Runs Unopposed for Re-election

Republican Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia, a physician and member of the science committee of the House of Representatives, said recently that evolution, the Big Bang Theory and embryology are "lies straight from the pit of hell."

"It's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior," Broun said in a speech available on YouTube.

Nick Coltrain, reporting for the Athens Banner-Herald, wrote that the video was taken at the 2012 Sportsman's Banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga., on Sept. 27, 2012.

Broun continued that the Bible — which he calls "the manufacturer's handbook"—teaches not only "how to run our famimiles ... (and) our churches, but it teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society. And that's the reason as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me as how I vote in Washington, D.C."

In the video, Broun said that "as a scientist," he has found data that shows the Earth was created in six days, and no older than 9,000 years.

But well-known scientists, including science educator Bill Nye ("The Science Guy"), disagreed vehemently with Broun's views.

"Since the economic future of the United States depends on our tradition of technological innovation, Representative Broun's views are not in the national interest,". "For example, the Earth is simply not 9,000 years old ... He is, by any measure, unqualified to make decisions about science, space, and technology."

Broun received a B.S. in chemistry from the University of Georgia and a medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia.

Broun's spokeswoman, Meredith Griffanti, told the Athens Banner-Herald, "Dr. Broun was speaking off the record to a large church group about his personal beliefs on religious issues.

Unfortunately, this one isn't an Onion skit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBy3MbP4WDo

He's a one-man tea-party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_L8x6jfn8&feature=related
(At 1:50) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KDBSObi19I
(1:04) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvpCIjFuwXE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXT9ZDAbK_o

stew

The latest polls has the two men tied, Romney won the debate by a staggering 72% to 28%.

According to Fox Romney is winning the independent vote by 16%, the liberals have him winning that by 12%.

What the prez didnt tell us is that there are 46 million more people on food stamps, 17 million more that when the prez took office, 6 trillion more on new Obama debt since he took office.

Bush can no longer be blamed for the economy of today, the prez has to be accountable for the job he has done with the economy in his four years.

29 days to the economy and maybe, just maybe Romney can pull this off, that said I expect Obama to call Romney and hit him up on his accounts in the Cayman's, which he was entitled to do.

Obama needs to blow Romney out of the water in the next debate, if he gets hammered again he is going to get beaten.

One last thing, the  prez's desperate team  came out and said that Romney referred to his five boys multiple times............... it was suggested that Romney was being racist because he was calling Obama boy!!! A tad desperate are the dems and the prez. ;D

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

He just inherited an economy in a tailspin, the worst for 80 years, and got stuck with an opposition who explicitly tried to thwart everything he did for political reasons. He's been poor, no question, but the Republicans have been an unpatriotic rabble. Let's just hope enough people see through Romney's attempted last minute "etch a sketch" reset  of himself as a moderate and elect Obama, if only to provide a bulwark against the tea party.

As for Paul Broun, himself and Todd "women's bodies can reject rapist's sperm" Akin are members of the House Science Committee. Tells you all.you need to know about the bigoted, intellectually bankrupt state of the GOP.

deiseach

Quote from: stew on October 09, 2012, 02:16:48 AM
The latest polls has the two men tied, Romney won the debate by a staggering 72% to 28%.

stew, it's a doddle on this board to put links to these results. It would be nice to see who has them level.

screenexile

Quote from: deiseach on October 09, 2012, 09:03:50 AM

stew, it's a doddle on this board to put links to these results. It would be nice to see who has them level.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157907/romney-narrows-vote-gap-historic-debate-win.aspx

deiseach

Quote from: screenexile on October 09, 2012, 09:57:12 AM
Quote from: deiseach on October 09, 2012, 09:03:50 AM

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157907/romney-narrows-vote-gap-historic-debate-win.aspx

Ah, Gallup. That'd be the Gallup that had the GOP winning the House by 15% in 2010. They might be right - but as things stand, Gallup and Rasmussen are out of step with everyone else.

Billys Boots

The first question you should ask when presented with research findings is 'who has paid for them?'
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...