Armagh v Mayo March 3

Started by onefaircounty, February 18, 2012, 05:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: onefaircounty on February 19, 2012, 02:08:24 PM
Apologies Jinxy, just thought there were enough Mayo and Armagh posters for a thread. Mods can merge it in if they wish.

Only pullin yer leg.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jinxy on February 19, 2012, 04:59:04 PM
Quote from: onefaircounty on February 19, 2012, 02:08:24 PM
Apologies Jinxy, just thought there were enough Mayo and Armagh posters for a thread. Mods can merge it in if they wish.

Only pullin yer leg.

Stick to your own Div 2 thread :P

I'll know the morning of the game if I can go myself or not. Probably will make it but things may crop up.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orchardman

do mayo bring plenty of tasty talent to these league games? they'll love drinking pints round the shambles with the locals that night :P

Jinxy

Quote from: Orchardman on February 19, 2012, 09:18:34 PM
do mayo bring plenty of tasty talent to these league games? they'll love drinking pints round the shambles with the locals that night :P

They'll fit right in.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Armagh CĂșchulainns on February 19, 2012, 12:57:43 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 19, 2012, 12:44:55 PM
I hope to make it to the game and I'd appreciate some directions from someone who knows how to get to the grounds.
I'm based in Dublin and will be using the motorway. I can get onto Newry by-pass okay and I suppose I should turn off onto the A28 but I'm not sure after that.
Where do I go after that?

Come off at the A28,
Armagh is 20mileish ahead, just keep to the main road going past Markethill on your left about 8mile from Armagh,
When in Armagh follow the main road the hill down to the sets of traffic lights, there is a car park in front of you,
Keep in the left lane signed for Monaghan/Killylea,
Go past Armagh City Hotel on your left,
After the next set of traffic lights there is a slip road 100m to your left,
At the bottom of the slip way the ground is behind the Mc Anerneys Shop and there is an official car park about 150m to the left of the slipway in the Christian Brothers Primary School.

Thanks very much. I will  probably stay the night in Newry which I know pretty well but if I thought there'd be a bit of craic in Armagh after the match, I wouldn't mind staying on.
Could you tell me where to go  for the craic later on and what is the best place to stay overnight?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Shortso79

Best Accodomation in Newry is the Canal Court Hotel - http://www.canalcourthotel.com/

The Canal Court is always pumping on a Saturday night !

If you do decide to stay in Armagh - There's a hotel very close to the ground - http://www.armaghcityhotel.com/

We travelled to Castlebar last yesar for the Mayo and Armagh match and the welcome we got was exceptional - Especially in Mick Byrne's pub !

Farrandeelin

This thread is relatively quiet for the amount of posters from the participating counties. Any predictions on the game? I'm expecting it to be a tough game for Mayo away from home against Armagh. It will be interesting to see if Mayo will leave it until around 20 minutes to start playiing. Unfortunately I can't make it on Saturday but to those who are going from Mayo I hope ye end up with the right result! Not overly confident about it happening but the 2 week break might have come at a bad time for Armagh as they seemed to be very impressive in their opening two games.

BennyCake

Any word on whether Stevie "I love Liverpool a bit too much" McDonnell is coming back?

Orior

I would say, from his tweeting, that the answer is no.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

RedandGreenSniper

What's the best route from Castlebar to Armagh can anyone tell me? Probably via Sligo and Enniskillen?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

crossfire

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 29, 2012, 08:51:06 PM
What's the best route from Castlebar to Armagh can anyone tell me? Probably via Sligo and Enniskillen?

Correct.

It will take you about  3 hours 30 mins

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Armagh CĂșchulainns on February 19, 2012, 12:57:43 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 19, 2012, 12:44:55 PM
I hope to make it to the game and I'd appreciate some directions from someone who knows how to get to the grounds.
I'm based in Dublin and will be using the motorway. I can get onto Newry by-pass okay and I suppose I should turn off onto the A28 but I'm not sure after that.
Where do I go after that?

Come off at the A28,
Armagh is 20mileish ahead, just keep to the main road going past Markethill on your left about 8mile from Armagh,
When in Armagh follow the main road the hill down to the sets of traffic lights, there is a car park in front of you,
Keep in the left lane signed for Monaghan/Killylea,
Go past Armagh City Hotel on your left,
After the next set of traffic lights there is a slip road 100m to your left,
At the bottom of the slip way the ground is behind the Mc Anerneys Shop and there is an official car park about 150m to the left of the slipway in the Christian Brothers Primary School.

Cheers AC, any idea how long it'll take to spin from Dublin?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

What about branching off at Edgeworthstown for Cavan, Monaghan, Armagh?? Might take a bit longer but the Sligo Enniskillen road isn't great.

BennyCake

If you're going the Sligo-Enniskillen route, make sure you have good Tyres, a sick bag and travel tablets. It's a cnut of a road.

armaghniac

QuoteCheers AC, any idea how long it'll take to spin from Dublin?

It depends on where in Dublin you start off from. 1Hr30 1Hr35 or so.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B