Div 1 Donegal v Roscommon.

Started by giveballaghback, March 08, 2016, 09:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluestackBoy

Quote from: seafoid on March 09, 2016, 12:51:02 PM
If Donegal can have the cojones to win Sam, Ros can too.

It takes a lot more than simple cojones to win Sam.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: moysider on March 09, 2016, 12:07:00 AM
Surely Ballyshannon should be the venue for away non-Ulster teams. Ballybofey was 2 hours more on the road for us and Letterkenny worse again. I ve no doubt that Roscommon folk are looking forward to playing one of the best teams that the game has seen. I doubt Donegal will be as psycho as they were last 2 matches ( management must realise they need to calm down a bit), but they are bloody good.

Donegal split their league games between Ballyshannon, Ballybofey & Letterkenny to facilitate Donegal supporters from each area.

We have to travel miles to each away fixture as it stands & having the odd league game near where we actually live is a small bonus for us.

If this game was played in Ballyshannon many Roscommon supporters would actually have a shorter journey than Donegal supporters from the north end of the county.

Rudi

Quote from: BluestackBoy on March 09, 2016, 02:32:52 PM
Surely Ballyshannon should be the venue for away non-Ulster teams. Ballybofey was 2 hours more on the road for us and Letterkenny worse again. I ve no doubt that Roscommon folk are looking forward to playing one of the best teams that the game has seen. I doubt Donegal will be as psycho as they were last 2 matches ( management must realise they need to calm down a bit), but they are bloody good.

Donegal split their league games between Ballyshannon, Ballybofey & Letterkenny to facilitate Donegal supporters from each area.

We have to travel miles to each away fixture as it stands & having the odd league game near where we actually live is a small bonus for us.

If this game was played in Ballyshannon many Roscommon supporters would actually have a shorter journey than Donegal supporters from the north end of the county.

Thats fair enough. I am not being an arse here, however Letterkenny ground is in an awful bad spot for parking and getting away. The ground itself has a small stand and most people will not make it to the stand, the spectator viewing areas around the ground are all level, making it a disaster for kids and midgets. Its much better than our own Kiltoom, but not great all the same. Would take the hand off use (if you excuse the pun) for a draw.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Rudi on March 09, 2016, 03:11:41 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on March 09, 2016, 02:32:52 PM

Thats fair enough. I am not being an arse here, however Letterkenny ground is in an awful bad spot for parking and getting away. The ground itself has a small stand and most people will not make it to the stand, the spectator viewing areas around the ground are all level, making it a disaster for kids and midgets. Its much better than our own Kiltoom, but not great all the same. Would take the hand off use (if you excuse the pun) for a draw.

Agreed on the point about parking, however the stand is quite sizeable & the other sides are banked. Wouldn't be my favourite ground mainly because we have put in some truly dreadful performances there in the last couple of years.

Ringfort

What are the seating arrangements in letterkenny is it limited and first come first served?  Personally I prefer standing but have an elderly father to think of. I presume we'd need to be in for the hurling to get a seat.

Shrewdness

Roscommon have tonight named an unchanged team for the Donegal match.

Rossfan

Good few changes on the bench, 4 U21s named and no Cathal Shine.
McS and O'D must expect our U21s to hit the end of the road tomorrow.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

No Niall Daly on the bench either, despite local media speculation that he would return for this game.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 10, 2016, 11:20:41 PM
Good few changes on the bench, 4 U21s named and no Cathal Shine.
McS and O'D must expect our U21s to hit the end of the road tomorrow.

Whether they win or not they'll have the same amount of football played.

Shrewdness

Lads, is there any particular reason that Cathal Shine isn`t getting much action. I know he was injured, but he`s not coming back as quick as you`d expect.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Ringfort on March 10, 2016, 02:02:47 PM
What are the seating arrangements in letterkenny is it limited and first come first served?  Personally I prefer standing but have an elderly father to think of. I presume we'd need to be in for the hurling to get a seat.

I believe it is an all ticket game with no tickets being sold on the day so your ticket will determine where you go.

Rossfan

I expect management don't think Cathal Shine is fit enough.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

westbound

Quote from: BluestackBoy on March 11, 2016, 09:56:31 AM
Quote from: Ringfort on March 10, 2016, 02:02:47 PM

I believe it is an all ticket game with no tickets being sold on the day so your ticket will determine where you go.

It's unreserved seating. Ticket gets you general admission. Seats are on a first come first served basis.

I don't really know how big/small the stand is so I don't know how quickly it will fill up.

Goldengreen

The Stand hold maybe about 2000

J70

Roscommon tearing Donegal a new one in Letterkenny. 0-7 to 0-1 after about 20 minutes, and it could be worse.