Ulster SFC: Derry v Donegal 27th June 2015

Started by Estimator, June 14, 2015, 03:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 28, 2015, 12:58:34 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 28, 2015, 12:57:02 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2015, 12:48:48 AM
Do the Derry boys think James Kielt would have made any difference to you today?

Yeah he's a proven free taker from the left hand side and we missed at least 2 today! Skinner isn't a free taker unfortunately.

Read on twitter that Sean Leo, O'Boyle and Skinner were tactical rather than enforced changes. Pretty mind boggling if you ask me!!

Bound to have made a difference and highly disappointing that he left the panel/wasnt getting a start.

Sorry if its been discussed elsewhere but what was the backstory with that anyway, why wasnt he getting a start?

Also thats mindboggling about the substitutions.

No backstory he wasn't getting the game time he wanted and saw inferior players coming on before him in the Down game so decided to walk.

Being no. 20-25 in the modern day game is a horrible position to be in. You get no games for the County team and the majority of the time you cant even play Club football you can see why lads don't stick it for too long!!

Estimator

Quote from McIvor after the game when asked a question about Donegals ability to close out a game.. "Never seen a bit of diving like it, but sure that's the way it goes.."
Ulster League Champions 2009

J70

Quote from: Estimator on June 28, 2015, 10:42:13 AM
Quote from McIvor after the game when asked a question about Donegals ability to close out a game.. "Never seen a bit of diving like it, but sure that's the way it goes.."

He's bitter and fill of shit then if talking about MacNiallais and McHugh.

donegal lad

We were very lucky to cone out of clones with a win yesterday. Played nowhere near the level we capable of and from being there it seemed we were a little complacent. Our passing wasn't at what we cone to expect and shoot selection was poor as well sonething we don't usually see with this donegal team. We also gave away a number of frees in the scoring zone which is sonething we never do

But at the end of the day happy to get the win and reach another ulster final. Was speaking to a Monaghan man after and he said would see a different type of game next day out and would have to agree with him.

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2015, 11:44:45 AM

MacNialis yes McHugh no.

I would have had more issue with Murphy steaming in like a tube on both occasions getting the handbags started effectively killing the game.

Our lads should have known better and realised there was no fecking time left and got on with things but that's what you're up against at this level and we shouldn't be so naive. Also both tackles were stupid when you're chasing a game like we were but again the 2 lads involved for Derry were the young relatively inexperienced ones.

Progress but means nothing if we don't back it up the next day!!

J70

Quote from: screenexile on June 28, 2015, 12:49:45 PM

MacNialis yes McHugh no.

I would have had more issue with Murphy steaming in like a tube on both occasions getting the handbags started effectively killing the game.

Our lads should have known better and realised there was no fecking time left and got on with things but that's what you're up against at this level and we shouldn't be so naive. Also both tackles were stupid when you're chasing a game like we were but again the 2 lads involved for Derry were the young relatively inexperienced ones.

From what I could see, MacNiallais got hit twice in that incident. I think it was the second collision that hurt him. Not saying the second was deliberate or anything, but to accuse him of faking it is ridiculous.

And yes, it was encouraging for Derry, but, as you say, they need to build on it.

JoG2

Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2015, 01:02:40 PM

MacNialis yes McHugh no.

From what I could see, MacNiallais got hit twice in that incident. I think it was the second collision that hurt him. Not saying the second was deliberate or anything, but to accuse him of faking it is ridiculous.

And yes, it was encouraging for Derry, but, as you say, they need to build on it.

Those 2 incidents were milked for all they were worth, killing the game. Any team would do it. I enjoyed the incident with Eamon McGee going down holding the head only to bounce back up when everyone inc his team mates ignored him !

The Ulster final will be a tight game. Looking forward to it

omaghjoe

Quote from: JoG2 on June 28, 2015, 10:50:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2015, 01:02:40 PM

MacNialis yes McHugh no.

Those 2 incidents were milked for all they were worth, killing the game. Any team would do it. I enjoyed the incident with Eamon McGee going down holding the head only to bounce back up when everyone inc his team mates ignored him !

The Ulster final will be a tight game. Looking forward to it

I had a bit of a snigger at that myself