Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thebar on July 16, 2017, 10:19:35 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 16, 2017, 10:04:34 PM
Quote from: MK on July 16, 2017, 09:42:36 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 16, 2017, 09:24:31 PM
I posted at half time about the scummy acts some down players were at.

Down offered nothing more than I expected today.

Tyrone offered nothing more than i expected today-Football wise totally superior yet still let themselves down big time with Sean Cavanagh's non-stop whinging/diving and Niall Morgan's nonsense

So it reduces to the actions of TWO individuals, and do you really believe that everything happens in a vacuum?

What type of vacuum are you talking about?

Did you see Mc Kernan's cowardly actions on Cavanagh, or were you conveniently blind to them?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

maggie

Was the Down fella with the cut head ok? Poland i think it was

yellowcard

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 16, 2017, 10:23:25 PM

Tyrone offered nothing more than i expected today-Football wise totally superior yet still let themselves down big time with Sean Cavanagh's non-stop whinging/diving and Niall Morgan's nonsense

So it reduces to the actions of TWO individuals, and do you really believe that everything happens in a vacuum?

Did you see Mc Kernan's cowardly actions on Cavanagh, or were you conveniently blind to them?

No I didn't, please fill me in. What I do know is that Cavanagh is one of the most dishonest players in the game and was running about telling tales to the officials like a young infant.

trueblue1234

So you've more issue with Cavanagh complaining about the dirty actions than the dirty actions themselves? Right so.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Aaron Boone

Quote from: maggie on July 16, 2017, 10:29:52 PM
Was the Down fella with the cut head ok? Poland i think it was

I warsaw that alright.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mc Kernan's a Keegan wannabe , and jinxy''s a jackeen judas! :)

ONeill

That was a decent display by the end.

Tyrone did become somewhat complacent around 20 mins such was the ease of their lead. Down really should have gone in ahead but that miss when 1-on-1 was crucial. I was glad to see Morgan tell the lad how to score the next time.

Second half was so predictable. Down just became ragged against the Tyrone juggernaut and in reality Tyrone could have scored 5 goals and 77 points.

What is this bounce Johnston does? It's like a work of art. Quare skulduggery by Down throughout though. A lot of mouthing and patting on heads. Nothing worse than patting on heads.

I was glad to see Down ones have a good day out though and some even managed to beat the traffic going home. Down women aren't as good looking as they used to be. A lot have put weight on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ONeill on July 16, 2017, 11:15:00 PM
That was a decent display by the end.

Tyrone did become somewhat complacent around 20 mins such was the ease of their lead. Down really should have gone in ahead but that miss when 1-on-1 was crucial. I was glad to see Morgan tell the lad how to score the next time.

Second half was so predictable. Down just became ragged against the Tyrone juggernaut and in reality Tyrone could have scored 5 goals and 77 points.

What is this bounce Johnston does? It's like a work of art. Quare skulduggery by Down throughout though. A lot of mouthing and patting on heads. Nothing worse than patting on heads.

I was glad to see Down ones have a good day out though and some even managed to beat the traffic going home. Down women aren't as good looking as they used to be. A lot have put weight on.

Almost bit on that point until I realised it was a carefully designed rouse to elecit that exact reaction.

Over the Bar

Quote from: yellowcard on July 16, 2017, 10:32:52 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 16, 2017, 10:23:25 PM

No I didn't, please fill me in. What I do know is that Cavanagh is one of the most dishonest players in the game and was running about telling tales to the officials like a young infant.

Lol.  Big Sean and Tyrone have obviously hurt you over the years!  You wouldn't be a bitter apple by any chance??  ;D

Hoes before bros

jeez that Ronan O'Neill lad is an awful p***k. Very very good footballer but you couldn't like him if ya reared him. I'd say his biggest problem is he knows how good he is

omaghjoe

Great win the day, fair play to the players and Harte and co, thats how I like it... pulling up early, feck this drama carry on.

Some great scores taken in the first quarter but then got slack and it gave down impetus. Blew them apart in the third quarter and even by the time the goals came it was all academic.

Hampsey has been a bit of a revelation this year, two great performances and was really commanding from HB. Conall McCann impressed too, lot of energy, hilarious how the two Down lads managed to knock each other down and keep Connall up to put Cavanagh thru in the first half, a great example of conservation of momentum.

The squad is looking strong too with McClure, Brennan, and RON great goals.... he is our goal man probably part of reason he doesnt get on as he is a bit of a glory hunter not a percentage guy.

Was glad to see the match celebrated in the manner an Ulster title deserves especially by the players.

Bigger tests to come but we celebrate another Ulster for now

omaghjoe

Ref was a farce as expected, he's quite probably the worst referee since we decided that to offer Sludden's services on the rest of country

What is deal with Down having their freetaker in the half back line? Didnt Carr and Mason also play in defence?

Taylor

watched game back and saw Morgan roaring at OHanlon after the missed goal chance. Is that what people are giving out about??
Down players were at this and worse the whole game  ::)

Big SC took some abuse throughout. The yellow card he got was a joke.

RON is a superb talent but he simply doesn't work hard enough to start. Impact sub is his role for the foreseeable future.
Nice to see Lee get a run out.

A good day at the office

sensethetone

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 17, 2017, 04:41:30 AM
Ref was a farce as expected, he's quite probably the worst referee since we decided that to offer Sludden's services on the rest of country

What is deal with Down having their freetaker in the half back line? Didnt Carr and Mason also play in defence?
That's a poor ref, he at least shouldn't about an Ulster pairing if refereeing at all.