Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

Tyrone are a seriously good side, strong all over the field and i hope they carry that form true and give it a good rattle, them and the Dubs would be a big one, with Tyrone winning by 2!!

Redhand Santa

Some nonsense talk on here regarding Tyrone as usual. We were never going to learn anything today about how we'd do against the better teams. It was a game in which they were on a hiding to nothing and just to get through. They did the job scoring 2 17 mostly from play, an awful lot more than Armagh or Monaghan managed.

Some nice scores and great fielding. Good to see newer players like hampsey and mcclure stand up. Plenty to work on too. But tonight is about celebrating back to back ulsters. Just a few years ago that seemed a long long way away.

The dubs walk through Leinster most years with huge tallies. As far back as 08 they were hammering Wexford and Tyrone were told they'd no chance against them. Hopefully we get a crack at them anyway, id be shocked if they scored 2 23.

mick999

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 16, 2017, 03:58:32 PM
Terrible first half of football much better from Tyrone second half. Thought Mc Clure made a big difference when he got on.  Hampsey deservedly MOTM.
Did Mc Carron get a straight red?

2nd yellow according to Irish times

"Tyrone finished with 14 men, losing Cathal McCarron to a second yellow; it mattered nothing, by then both feet on the road to Croke Pak, driving on, not looking back."

Rois

Yeah it was near me, second yellow. I hadn't seen the first one.

lenny

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 16, 2017, 07:48:33 PM
Some nonsense talk on here regarding Tyrone as usual. We were never going to learn anything today about how we'd do against the better teams. It was a game in which they were on a hiding to nothing and just to get through. They did the job scoring 2 17 mostly from play, an awful lot more than Armagh or Monaghan managed.

Some nice scores and great fielding. Good to see newer players like hampsey and mcclure stand up. Plenty to work on too. But tonight is about celebrating back to back ulsters. Just a few years ago that seemed a long long way away.

The dubs walk through Leinster most years with huge tallies. As far back as 08 they were hammering Wexford and Tyrone were told they'd no chance against them. Hopefully we get a crack at them anyway, id be shocked if they scored 2 23.

We learned that tyrone struggle when the other team keep their defensive shape as down did for the first half. Tyrone kicked away some really stupid possession and at times looked clueless. Only when they went into a 5 or 6 point lead and Down pushed up a bit did they get space and suddenly looked good. They then got a few champagne scores which they didn't look like getting when the score was tight. If O'hanlon had stuck away the goal chance it would've been a different game. Mckernan was a big loss for Down. Hampsey is playing really well and it's nice to see bradley playing well, great wee player.

snoopdog

Best team won. Tyrone looked good. Pity Down hadn't taken that goal chance before half time. Tyrone always looked like winning. But Down made some crazy decisions in the 2nd half kept playing the ball out wide when they possibly could've taken a few scores. It would only have narrowed the gap. Hopefully we learneed from today and move on. Armagh up next in the qualifiers which won't be easy at a neutral venue probably Clones. The winner of that gets to play the Dubs on a quarter final.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lenny on July 16, 2017, 08:52:01 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 16, 2017, 07:48:33 PM

We learned that tyrone struggle when the other team keep their defensive shape as down did for the first half. Tyrone kicked away some really stupiyd possession and at times looked clueless. Only when they went into a 5 or 6 point lead and Down pushed up a bit did they get space and suddenly looked good. They then got a few champagne scores which they didn't look like getting when the score was tight. If O'hanlon had stuck away the goal chance it would've been a different game. Mckernan was a big loss for Down. Hampsey is playing really well and it's nice to see bradley playing well, great wee player.

Thanks for that, totally meaningless and airblown tat.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

Just after watching a clip on 9 o'clock news showing v clearly Cavanagh's marker actually nipping him. Is that a common thing these days?

Taylor

I posted at half time about the scummy acts some down players were at.

Down offered nothing more than I expected today.

Targetman

Oh yea Ricey started that years ago,play on ref!!

yellowcard

Quote from: Rois on July 16, 2017, 09:16:44 PM
Just after watching a clip on 9 o'clock news showing v clearly Cavanagh's marker actually nipping him. Is that a common thing these days?

Does Cavanagh not wear a sports bra, I doubt if he even felt it. Because if he did you can be sure he would be rolling around the ground like he was shot. Spent most of the time telling tales to the umpire when he wasn't getting McKernan black carded with a theatrical dive.

Targetman

Quote from: Taylor on July 16, 2017, 09:24:31 PM

Down weren't good we've gathered that, but for Tyrone to talk about the opposition's scummy acts is at best laughable, move on and try to beat one of the big 3!!

MK

Tyrone offered nothing more than i expected today-Football wise totally superior yet still let themselves down big time with Sean Cavanagh's non-stop whinging/diving and Niall Morgan's nonsense

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: MK on July 16, 2017, 09:42:36 PM

Tyrone offered nothing more than i expected today-Football wise totally superior yet still let themselves down big time with Sean Cavanagh's non-stop whinging/diving and Niall Morgan's nonsense

So it reduces to the actions of TWO individuals, and do you really believe that everything happens in a vacuum?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

thebar

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 16, 2017, 10:04:34 PM
Quote from: MK on July 16, 2017, 09:42:36 PM

So it reduces to the actions of TWO individuals, and do you really believe that everything happens in a vacuum?

What type of vacuum are you talking about?