Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 21, 2017, 09:23:20 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 20, 2017, 10:03:40 PM
I see people at Tyrone games (when I attend) or know of their attendance through social media that do absolutely nothing for their clubs, nothing to promote the game in their local community, don't attend club games and would hide behind their sofa if a ticket seller appeared.

I would imagine these are the moronic personnel that spout the diatribe at games.

The downside of the Season ticket..these people will get their seats (and probably better ones) in croker long before the loyal club man who supports the county too, but maybe couldnt afford one...

Would dispute the way you have tried to portray season ticket holders above. Anyone from my own club that I see at games would be the same people I'd also see down following the club. If as you say the loyal club men also support the county then the season ticket wont work out dear for them as its cheaper per game. I do appreciate that there are some clashes with club activity during the year but for most people there is no reason you cant support both.

I think there are around 1200 season ticket holders in Tyrone, these are the people who go to watch and support Tyrone all year and are as entitled to anyone to a good ticket at the final. From going to the games all year I've never noticed much bad behaviour from any of the season ticket holders. They generally get behind the team but the chanting and stuff people referred to above about Derry certainly wasn't coming from the season ticket section.

If people were simply paying money to get All Ireland tickets there would be more merit in your point. But you have to attend 60% of all games in the year including league so the people are following the team all year. Many club people get the tickets as you are entitled to a lot of games for a cheaper price, decent seats and less hassle having to run after tickets for the big games. I'm sure there are some county only supporters who for example live outside the county now or for some other reason don't have an allegiance to their club but this is no reason to stop them following the county team all year.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 21, 2017, 10:39:41 AM
Quote from: Onthe40 on July 21, 2017, 09:23:20 AM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 20, 2017, 10:03:40 PM
I see people at Tyrone games (when I attend) or know of their attendance through social media that do absolutely nothing for their clubs, nothing to promote the game in their local community, don't attend club games and would hide behind their sofa if a ticket seller appeared.

I would imagine these are the moronic personnel that spout the diatribe at games.

The downside of the Season ticket..these people will get their seats (and probably better ones) in croker long before the loyal club man who supports the county too, but maybe couldnt afford one...

Would dispute the way you have tried to portray season ticket holders above. Anyone from my own club that I see at games would be the same people I'd also see down following the club. If as you say the loyal club men also support the county then the season ticket wont work out dear for them as its cheaper per game. I do appreciate that there are some clashes with club activity during the year but for most people there is no reason you cant support both.

I think there are around 1200 season ticket holders in Tyrone, these are the people who go to watch and support Tyrone all year and are as entitled to anyone to a good ticket at the final. From going to the games all year I've never noticed much bad behaviour from any of the season ticket holders. They generally get behind the team but the chanting and stuff people referred to above about Derry certainly wasn't coming from the season ticket section.

If people were simply paying money to get All Ireland tickets there would be more merit in your point. But you have to attend 60% of all games in the year including league so the people are following the team all year. Many club people get the tickets as you are entitled to a lot of games for a cheaper price, decent seats and less hassle having to run after tickets for the big games. I'm sure there are some county only supporters who for example live outside the county now or for some other reason don't have an allegiance to their club but this is no reason to stop them following the county team all year.

It's not season ticket holders, it's bus fulls of Gobsh!tes fueled up on their white lightening/ Buckfast/ Prosecco (For the mucksavages) who do it.

Clowns
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Taylor

;D

Love this sort of stuff.

Hammered our team for years saying how dirty we were/sledging etc etc etc.

Not our team are whiter than white it is our supporters getting the brunt of it.

Must be doing something right.

Teams know how close we are to the promised land

Fuzzman

Totally agree with O'Neill above in not judging a county by a few experiences you had over the years.

There are always going to be different types of fans at any sport and most fans travel by car in small groups and are quite quit and respectful to others. There will always be though buses of fans who get into the large group roudy mode and when drink is added it is only going one direction.
I can understand lads having a few drinks after a game but I can never really get this get hammered before the game stuff.

Anyway, the worst fan I ever experienced was at the AI semifinal back in 2008 when Tyrone played Wexford of all teams. I was sitting in the lower Cusack on my own and this family of dad, mum and 2 kids probably under 12. Well what that mother didn't say that day must not have been worth saying. I looked around several times and shook my head and the dad looked and me and rolled his eyes to heaven.
It was actually that bad I got up after about 50 mins and moved to another seat.

Of course these days I have to listen to loads of Dubs giving the poor Mayo ones hell. Hopefully that will change soon.

redhandefender

In recent years have got loads of guff from Mayo, Donegal and the Dubs during and after games. Also seen a load of Tyrone ones slabbering and it really is horrible stuff and embarrassing. Its usually older folk who can't see to keep it in their head or drunk young lads. Unfortuantely the more successful you get the more it happens.

Ridiculous to say its a purely tyrone problem though. That crowd behind the goals are from one club in tyrone in particular who always get absolutely tanked and a bus down. They would not be liked at all but what can you do!

Some of the stuff I heard from mayo and don last few years was sickening when you have followed the team all year only to get your heart ripped to pieces. Vowed I would remind them when in winning position but actually felt bad for them in ulster semi final and was disgusted by some aul fella shouting cheerio, I told him to shut up te f**k.

Season ticket holders certainly aren't to blame, they are normally the rich reserved crowd

Fuzzman

Apparently the atmosphere down in Killarney when Kerry beat us in the qualifiers was very nasty. I wasn't there myself but I heard they Kerry crowd were a disgrace.

Walter Cronc

I remember getting serious abuse after Dublin beat us in 07. But an hour later I was drinking pints with some great Dubs.

Every county has them. Its up to the decent fans to tell them to put a sock in it!

Main Street

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 20, 2017, 03:38:39 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 20, 2017, 03:12:42 PM
Quote from: Jayop on July 20, 2017, 01:03:20 PM
No problem with what he said on Twitter or how it makes him a clown. He was called a coward Ffs. Why wouldn't he reply to that. That gobshite Rory was the coward who soon stopped his mouthing when replied to.

What did Morgan say?

More or less "you're not sticking your chest out now." It was in reference to O'Hanlon chest bumping/shouldering Monaghan players after  he hit free kicks in the semi. Harmless stuff but it's the aesthetics of the action that are the problem.
Was that all it was about?
Morgan has a bit of humor,  considering.....

omagh_gael

Sticking up for our Monaghan friends, MS. We're not all bad.