all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2017, 08:45:43 AM
Quote from: punt kick on July 17, 2017, 08:43:02 AM
Are these neutral venues?

Yes, TBC later today by CCCC. Double header in Croke Pk is the talk

It will take more than a week for the pitch to recover after U2 next weekend.  Especially given the complaints by Jim Gavin yesterday.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 17, 2017, 09:07:29 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2017, 08:45:43 AM
Quote from: punt kick on July 17, 2017, 08:43:02 AM
Are these neutral venues?

Yes, TBC later today by CCCC. Double header in Croke Pk is the talk

It will take more than a week for the pitch to recover after U2 next weekend.  Especially given the complaints by Jim Gavin yesterday.

I'll take anywhere, bar the Athletic Grounds  ;)

Main Street

After encounters with Banty's thugs and the Battle of Carlow, we should be well prepared for a renewal of hostilities with Down.

Main Street

Quote from: David McKeown on July 17, 2017, 08:20:44 AM
My eyesight must be away because it looks to me like he is at least partially in the square there. Anyway I'll take your word for it although I think you are being very generous to suggest he is well outside and that it's not borderline.
Okay, well outside is defined in this context as a clear space between the player and the square, borderline is a whisker away.
Both the nr 5 and Kelly have a space between them and the line, in fact  their positioning is similar to the Carlow players before their goal was scored. No one on the tv ( commentators or pundits) questioned both goals, for good reason.

Main Street

29th July
17.00 Monaghan v Down
19.00 Kildare v Armagh

omagh_gael

seafoid

IF Monaghan don't beat Down the second time around they will get a third go in the Mushroom classic on the undercard of the Mayweather / McGregor fight in August .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

After the next round we will probably have the following teams left in the quarter finals:

Dublin
Kerry
Roscommon
Tyrone
Mayo
Galway/Donegal 50/50 game this
Monaghan
Kildare

All are division 1 teams next year bar Roscommon who were division 1 themselves this year. Proof that the early stages of the championship are just shadow boxing and these so called super 8's are already currently in existence.....it's called the national league.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on July 17, 2017, 12:39:04 PM
After the next round we will probably have the following teams left in the quarter finals:

Dublin
Kerry
Roscommon
Tyrone
Mayo
Monaghan
Kildare

All are division 1 teams next year bar Roscommon who were division 1 themselves this year. Proof that the early stages of the championship are just shadow boxing and these so called super 8's are already currently in existence.....it's called the national league.

Hardly. The best teams are at the top regardless, they weren't made the best because they were in D1.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on July 17, 2017, 12:39:04 PM

Dublin
Kerry
Roscommon
Tyrone
Mayo
Monaghan
Kildare

That is the way it is. May to Mid July is the prologue
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JoG2

Both games tonight are on Murdoch's Sky! That's not right boys