Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2013, 11:43:41 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 03, 2013, 10:04:25 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2013, 06:47:13 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 02, 2013, 11:22:03 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 01, 2013, 10:51:33 PM
Not often I enjoy a GAA match where my side lost, but a cracking game on a great evening tonight for Errigal minors against our own lads at Pairc and Ghleanna.

Probably says something about us when one of Tyrone's most decorated Clubs comes to Glenmornan and celebrates profusely a one point win.

Two decent sides, going at it full tilt in a sporting manner. Very enjoyable.

http://www.owenroe-leckpatrick.ie/viewReport.php?fixtureid=603

Our lads were well up for that match Norf. They knew it would be a big test. Would I be right in saying your team made the Championship final at U16 level?

Yeah, but it was the grade 2 Championship final. Stewartstown won the Championship that year, and Pomeroy the league.

Errigal's were getting 4 scores from 5 chances last night where-by we were generating the same chances but only getting 3 scores. That was the difference last night.

Mark Kavanagh was the difference.

He was certainly a major factor. How come he's not in the County minor squad?

He was. He choose to leave and give 100% to Errigal.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Wee Roddy on May 06, 2013, 11:20:57 AM
I think it was 2010 when they got to the county final that they lost the 1st 4 or 5 league games. Like all clubs when the physical men retire it takes other a while to fill their shoes. Jesus I didn't know Errigal and Clonoe were next up. Its good to have them out of the way because neither of them too will give us points on the last day to stay up ;)

I cant mind Carrickmore been in any other part of the league table since i was born other than the top half. Alarm bells already ringing with them fixtures coming up. i mind they got rid of manager 4r5 years ago after not winning in the first few games. cant see this been the case with Brian Gormley however hes a strong reputation round them parts and will no doubt be given time to get it right.Id say all around loughmacrory be licking their lips at the decline. Although there not in a position themselves to gloat to they get themselves out of their own predicament.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

orangeman

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on May 07, 2013, 08:54:09 AM
I think it was 2010 when they got to the county final that they lost the 1st 4 or 5 league games. Like all clubs when the physical men retire it takes other a while to fill their shoes. Jesus I didn't know Errigal and Clonoe were next up. Its good to have them out of the way because neither of them too will give us points on the last day to stay up ;)

I cant mind Carrickmore been in any other part of the league table since i was born other than the top half. Alarm bells already ringing with them fixtures coming up. i mind they got rid of manager 4r5 years ago after not winning in the first few games. cant see this been the case with Brian Gormley however hes a strong reputation round them parts and will no doubt be given time to get it right.Id say all around loughmacrory be licking their lips at the decline. Although there not in a position themselves to gloat to they get themselves out of their own predicament.

I honestly couldn't see this being the case at all.

Relations would be well improved and you'd even see Lough men at matches supporting Carmen and vice versa.

And when it comes to county board stuff, they all help other out as well.

Wee Roddy

I would hardly call losing 2 league games a decline. Carmen will be ok when they get back to full strength. Take 6-7 men out of any team and they will struggle. Colm McGurk, Mickey Slane, Mark Donnelly and Monroe will all be back for the Clonoe game so that's a start.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: orangeman on May 07, 2013, 01:01:55 PM
Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on May 07, 2013, 08:54:09 AM

I honestly couldn't see this being the case at all.

Relations would be well improved and you'd even see Lough men at matches supporting Carmen and vice versa.

And when it comes to county board stuff, they all help other out as well.

pub talk I'm relating to, Think loughmacrory folk got a fair bit of ribbing from so be it a small minority of Carrickmore ones when they slipped to the 3rd tier last season. bit of karma but sure a healthy sign keeps everyone entertained.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

EC Unique

Decline is a bit premature. Errigal got beat by Greencastle early in the league last year and we ended up OK. Carrickmore will still be one of the teams to beat come the business end of the season.

rrhf

Exactly load of nonsense being talked here. Errigals O Neill cup is the goal I'd say.

Carmen Stateside

Carrickmore was leading by a point at HT.

Carmen Stateside

And still lead 13 - 9. Hearing of a few injuries during game.

Carmen Stateside

Carrickmore ahead by 5 with 5 mins left.

Carmen Stateside

Result
Clonoe 0-9 Carrickmore 0-15. Big win but hearing Finbarr Mc Gill was carried off with a serious looking knee injury.

HUNKY DORYS

Ardboe had a good win against county champions Errigal Ciaran after a disappointing result but decent performance against dromore last week.
Few surprising results there today,  augher beating donaghmore after donaghmores good result last week and clonoe being toppled by carrickmore at home.
the rest of the results were fairly predictable.

Club Rossa

Ardboe made hard work to get the win today,a vital 2 points though as our next 3 games are away to Clonoe,Carrickmore and Coalisland.

Beantown

Any word on fianna result this eve?

everymanaman

Easy win for Coalisland tonight