Douglas                St. Finbarr's           Clonakilty

5. Damien Cahalane      6. Graham Canty      7. James Loughrey
Castlehaven           Bantry Blues           Mallow

8. Alan O'Connor      9. Pearse O'Neill

St. Colum's           Aghada

10. Mark Collins      11. Aidan Walsh      12. John O'Rourke
Castlehaven           Kanturk                Carbery Rangers

13. Daniel Goulding      14. Ciaran Sheehan      15. Brian Hurley
           Eire Óg                Eire Óg                            Castlehaven

Subs
16 Ken O'Halloran Bishopstown
17 John Mc Loughlin Kanturk
18 Tomás Clancy Fermoy
19 Noel O'Leary Cill na Martra
20 Jamie O'Sullivan Bishopstown
21 Paudie Kissane Clyda Rovers
22 Andrew O'Sullivan Castletownbere
23. Fintan Goold Macroom
24. Patrick Kelly Ballincollig
25. Paul Kerrigan Nemo Rangers
26. Donncha O'Connor Ballydesmond

Syferus

Who the hell even knows what Counihan is playing at. The team that starts could be very different to that one.

I really don't know what you're supposed to do with Canty, he just looks too cumbersome to play centre-back these days. He's a trier but 2010 was probably the last point he was a top-tier player.

Captain Obvious

Very strong Cork line up and bench. About time they moved Aidan Walsh into the forward line. Galway up against it.

rodney trotter

That's a class Full Forward line.

galwayman

Strong looking team alright.
Not too slack when you can bring forwards of the calibre of Kerrigan, Kelly & O'Connor in off the bench.

I would say there will be few if any changes to the Galway team. Same team as started against Armagh is probably likely.
I would change Sean Denvir personally though. I don't really think he is the man for the number 5 shirt.

muppet

The last 4 subs would be a class forward line all on their own.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

What have Cork really shown us this year? They won three out of seven league games, made a sled of beating Clare and set themselves up all wrong against Kerry. If any team in the country have something to prove over the next two weeks it's Cork. Even Kerry already have a legacy that's second to one (ahem).

For all the supposed talent that's available to Cork one All-Ireland (won by avoiding Kerry, their bogey team) is a very poor return. The reason has always been Counihan isn't a great manager and that seems pretty obvious but perhaps the players that are there have been over-hyped somewhat. Cork have both the benefit of the money and depth of playing resources to maximise whatever is available to them. Galway shouldn't enter this game with a hit-and-hope attitude because it is a winnable game if they set themselves up to take advantage of Cork's naivety.

I wouldn't mind been proven wrong on this one because when they play to their strengths Cork are one of the most enjoyable teams to watch in the country. Unwrap the blanket, lads.

From the Bunker

I'd expect Cork to win this. They should have the experience, talent and know how to beat Galway. Galway are in bonus territory. They have put their first game v Mayo behind them. It is important that if they lose that they don't suffer a heavy loss. If they pull off the unbelievable, it will have been some turn around.

GalwayBayBoy

Cork have some size around their midfield diamond. That in itself will be difficult to deal with. Conroy and Flynn actually dominated midfield against Armagh but a huge challenge for them against such a seasoned outfit. For Galway to win we probably need Cork to have a bit of an off day (which in fairness they are more than capable of having). On one of their good days they look capable of steamrolling just about anyone. And this is still a pretty raw Galway side for the most part. Think we could cause them some trouble at the back but really depends how much possession we can get hold of. Galway have beaten quite a few of those Cork players at underage more than once so there will be no fear there but those Cork lads have been blended into a much stronger senior side.

Just hope Galway can give a good account of themselves and give themselves a platform to be a better side next year. Which they should be.

CorkMan

Only change I expect to see is Fintan Goold in for Collins.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Why isnt Paddy Kelly in from the start for Cork ???

CorkMan

Don't think he's match-fit.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Class Player ...................I can only imagine hes carrying a knock or isnt match fit as ye say..............................to good to sit on wood

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Lots of different stories about Kelly going around...That he's fit and has fallen out with management, that he has some sort of illness etc...Hard to know whats going on. Cork put a story out that Ciarán Sheehan was injured and unable to play a full part in the Munster final..yet he played half an hour and 3 days later played a full match for his club!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team

Manus Breathnach
Donal O'Neill
Finian Hanley
Johnny Duane
Sean Denvir
Gary O'Donnell
Gary Sice
Paul Conroy
Tomas Flynn
John O'Brien