Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Can't recommend the Hurt Locker enough lads. Great movie.

Celt_Man

Looking to watch a good film tonight, nothing too heavy just to pass the time?  Anyone got a good shout?

Also saw Red Dawn last night, very good movie if maybe some of the battle scenes are a little far fetched... Just saw that a remark is in the pipes due out next year which will be very interesting
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Celt_Man

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 05, 2009, 11:43:40 PM
Anyone see District 9 yet?

No, looking for a high quality version of it online as we speak...

The Real Laoislad

I downloaded a ok version from piratebay..I haven't watched it yet but the video/audio quality seems ok
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Celt_Man

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 05, 2009, 11:46:24 PM
I downloaded a ok version from piratebay..I haven't watched it yet but the video/audio quality seems ok

not arsed downloading it, the bloody thing would be out on dvd by the time I'd have it fully downloaded... I'm all about the streaming..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 05, 2009, 11:32:19 PM
Looking to watch a good film tonight, nothing too heavy just to pass the time?  Anyone got a good shout?

Also saw Red Dawn last night, very good movie if maybe some of the battle scenes are a little far fetched... Just saw that a remark is in the pipes due out next year which will be very interesting
Wha? Has Red Dawn been remade, cos surely you're not talking about the early 80s original with Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen?

Tony Baloney

f**k I hate Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 05, 2009, 11:57:43 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on September 05, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Wha? Has Red Dawn been remade, cos surely you're not talking about the early 80s original with Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen?

Yea saw the 80's Red Dawn last night, bit of a cult flick - enjoyable.
and yep they are remaking it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn#Remake

Capt Pat

Yes, 8.6 out of 10 on imdb. I however ultimately fell asleep during it, there may have been otheer reasons for that. It was quite good film though, a unique idea, the lead actor was the directors high school freind who was not a professional actor.

My professional opinion is go see Hurt Locker instead.

ziggysego

Saw it tonight. Interesting film, but nowhere as good as it is hyped up to be. Enjoyable all the same, but takes a long time to get going.
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

District 9, good idea, could have been really good, but ultimately fell well short.  Worth watching, but i'd wait for the dvd, presume there'll be more of them and they could potentially be better.

Eastern_Pride

Personally I really enjoyed District 9, became confusing in parts but the main exchanges between the prawn and Wikus were engaging. The story behind the story (District 6) was an intersting take but could have been better exploited. Better than Inglorious Basterds anyday though.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

face.that.ball

seen that 500 days of summer......chick flicks not really my thing and id be cynical at the best of times but came out pleasantly suprised.......and a good soundtrack is always an added bonus.

also, matthew mcconaughey isn't in it :D

Dinny Breen

I'd recommend District 9, avoided the hype so had no expectations.. But as he'll be back in 3 years expect District 10 next summer....
#newbridgeornowhere