Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

I saw Enchanted on Sky Premier the last night.

Its funny enough in parts! I couldnt believe I sat through it but its not half bad  :D

The Real Laoislad

The woman made me go and see The Ugly Truth the other night..............Pure dung
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Armin Tamzarian

At the weekend i watched:
Know1ng- anyone else see this film. 75% of it is ok the last half hour is crap IMO.

Watchmen- I turned this off to watch entourage. It went on far too long IMO.

leenie

is iron man worth a watch?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

tyrone girl

Was gona ask about knowing actually to see if its worth watching. Got it out with another one on sat nite, we only watched the one and they are both due back tonight, if it was any good was gona keep it the extra night and watch it tonight.

stpauls

Knowing is a great movie until the last half hour, then it becomes complete nonsense!! i enjoyed Iron Man, though i am a fairly big comic book fan, so it may not suit every one.

Armin Tamzarian

Quote from: stpauls on August 17, 2009, 12:28:57 PM
Knowing is a great movie until the last half hour, then it becomes complete nonsense!! i enjoyed Iron Man, though i am a fairly big comic book fan, so it may not suit every one.

I agree completely with the this re knowing, stpauls. see my eariler comment. i actually felt a little embarrassed watching last half hour it was that bad. i wouldnt watch it again.

21 a good film, have seen it before but watched it again last nite.

Celt_Man

Quote from: leenie on August 17, 2009, 11:42:44 AM

is iron man worth a watch?

Yea it's definitely worth a watch... nothing take it's too serious unlike Transformers 2 but it's very enjoyable and Robert Downey Jr is very good in the lead role
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Armin Tamzarian on August 17, 2009, 09:20:22 AM
At the weekend i watched:
Know1ng- anyone else see this film. 75% of it is ok the last half hour is crap IMO.

Watchmen- I turned this off to watch entourage. It went on far too long IMO.

I thought the exact same, actually swtched off with 30mins to go, just got bored but it was ok first 60mins but i knew how it was gonna end.

Watchmen is long but I thought it was ok, wouldnt watch again only to watch un arabed version ;)

Ironman is good but overrated aswell, Downey carries the movie, hope for a better baddie and more action in the sequel.

Ya watched 21 again last myself, good show surely.

Seen what happens in vegas and was suprised, it was very funny..

Up is very good, Night at the museum 2 was entertaining, thought Austrailia was vey good, dealt with lots of thorny issue like racism and had good story, Ice age 3 is class, and I love you man is good,

There all the films ive seen on Dvd recently.

Anyone heard of AVATAR? Cant wait for it to come out.......james cameron and 3-D....gonna blow our minds i reckon..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ziggysego

Got Man on Wire on Blu-Ray at the weekend. Didn't think I would enjoy it, but it was first class. A very enjoy and interesting watching. Your man Phillipe is not wise in the head!
Testing Accessibility

leenie

what exactly is blue ray ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: leenie on August 17, 2009, 01:51:45 PM
what exactly is blue ray ?

One of Ziggy's "other" kind of films  ;)

clarshack

from the first few minutes it is obvious that it is going to end up about aliens. cant understand why people didnt see it coming. ???

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: clarshack on August 18, 2009, 09:59:40 AM

from the first few minutes it is obvious that it is going to end up about aliens. cant understand why people didnt see it coming. ???

Not everyone has seen the film, why do you feel the need to ruin it on others ::)

Armin Tamzarian

Brillant love when people spoil the end of movies.
:D