Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 23, 2009, 10:45:07 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 16, 2009, 10:11:51 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 16, 2009, 12:46:24 AM
Thought The Strangers was very poor. Horrible ending. Not as bad as the ending in 30 Days Of Night. Now that was a terrible ending. In the cinema a few people actually said out loud "What the fcuk was that all about?" and tutted very loudly. Myself included.

Watched Traitor today at "work". Very good film, Don Cheadle was very good in it.

f**k you must work hard.

I work very hard Our Nail. Same as yourself.

Heard good things about I Love You Man.

Also Observe and Report is out tomorrow, Seth Rogen is in it. Looks good. Quite similar to Paul Blart Mall Cop. Seen it, crap.

Few big films being released over the next couple of months which will all be worth viewing. Wolverine, Angels and Demons, Terminator: Salvation, Transformers and Bruno.

Observe and report is no walk in the park it is kind of like his other movies with elements of  "Taxi Driver" until it all turns into a joke again. Not as good as his other stuff, it is ok but I do';t know whether you are supposed to be laughing or not at some points in the movie. It is a bit of a mess and desn't quite know what it wants to be.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 30, 2009, 05:41:03 PM
Dead Mans Shoes is a great show Arhie, have it on dvd myself... Paddy Considine is brilliant in it as is the fella who plays his brother, who starred recently as Johnny Quid in Rocknrolla...
Looks like someone logged into page 1 of this thread thinking it was the most recent page :) I'd never make that mistake!

Main Street

Or the thread has just done the complete perfect full circle.

Puckoon

Just watched that indie movie "adventurland" not a bad show at all.

ONeill

Can't get any online efforts for The Damned Utd.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on April 30, 2009, 09:31:23 PM

Had a quick look on Ares there and it there is nothing on it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ONeill on April 30, 2009, 09:31:23 PM

http://www.nowtorrents.com/torrents/the-damned-united.html

Not sure how reliable this is as havent used this site before. Tried http://www.torrentz.com as well but no results there and its a search engine for all the torrents.

Archie Mitchell

New Transformers 2 Trailer, looks class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZ2W8uT3Ug

Megan Fox is unreal. How Cheryl Cole beat her to FHM's sexiest woman I dont know.

Main Street

I don't recall any mention earlier of Doubt with M.Streep  as a nun & school headmaster and P.Hoffman as priest in the parish,
set in a NY catholic boys school in 1964.
I can't praise it enough. An outstanding film in every aspect.

Pity that we have a 1,000 shite movies, about feck all, made, for every one like Doubt.

thebigfella

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on May 01, 2009, 05:52:50 PM
New Transformers 2 Trailer, looks class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZ2W8uT3Ug

Megan Fox is unreal. How Cheryl Cole beat her to FHM's sexiest woman I dont know.

I reckon it will be sh*** but i'll still go see it just to have a look at her  :P

Have to agree, she's easily should have beat Cole. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on May 04, 2009, 03:27:15 PM
I don't recall any mention earlier of Doubt with M.Streep  as a nun & school headmaster and P.Hoffman as priest in the parish,
set in a NY catholic boys school in 1964.
I can't praise it enough. An outstanding film in every aspect.

Pity that we have a 1,000 shite movies, about feck all, made, for every one like Doubt.

Got great reviews when it came out and I remember someone saying it was an acting masterclass. Might be a wee bit grim for my tastes though.

Gabriel_Hurl

Let the Right One In - a Swedish vampire film

Thoroughly excellent

Shortso79

Watched Yes Man last night on DVD - pure crap

I cant wait for Transformers 2

ONeill

Is 'This is England' worth watching?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell