Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fíor Gael

Watched 'Hunger' last night. I thought is was excellent, not at all what I had expected, very graphic, and at times disturbing, no propaganda or bias just the brutal naked truth that shows what suffering these brave men went through and the reasons why.
Regardless of your own political beliefs or affiliations it is a must see movie.

hectorsheroes

Seen Hunger myself on Sat night. An astonishing film. As the previous poster says not at all what you'd expect. It has very very few cliche's and the acting from what I can see is tremendous. The 20 min scene everyone is talking about is as powerful as cinema gets in my opinion. It showed the true horrors of the suffering these men went through. However it also shows other sides of the equation without all the sensationalism attached to the usual films regarding the troubles. This is an extraordinary film and I would urge anyone to go and see it - it will certainly make you think

Aghdavoyle

street kings - pure cliched muck

pintsofguinness

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 03, 2008, 12:42:26 PM
QuoteI think Sendit.com have it for about 80 sheets.

Is that as cheap as I am likely to get Sopranos for?

The West Wing is only £50 at the minute - never watched it so not sure what its like.

Its the best show ever made!
That's a steal at £50.00 - I bought that box set for £150 when it first came out and it was great value at at that - my favourite show.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bredaghgael86

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 18, 2008, 08:05:20 PM
Have a chick flick out tonight called What Happens In Vegas. Anyone seen it? Tis slim pickings in the video shop at the minute!
Cameron Diaz couldnt be anymore beautiful if she tried.  Im really looking forward to me and her getting married after watching it.

gawa316

Anyone see that Cherryfields last night? (i think that's what it was called)

Some nutter going around murdering virgins, so the entire school planned to have a massive orgy...movie gold :D

Our Nail Loney

Cherry Falls it was, raging I was a bit hungover so I went to bed early clean forgot about it!

nrico2006

QuoteCameron Diaz couldnt be anymore beautiful if she tried.  Im really looking forward to me and her getting married after watching it.

I saw that 'What Happens in Vegas' - pure dirt and she was rough looking in it.  I thought it might be decent as I thought a previous Kutcher movie of similar taste (Newlyweds) was very funny.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 04, 2008, 05:15:17 PM
Cherry Falls it was, raging I was a bit hungover so I went to bed early clean forgot about it!

I seen a right bit of it but fell asleep just before the Orgy

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 03, 2008, 07:25:46 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 03, 2008, 12:42:26 PM
QuoteI think Sendit.com have it for about 80 sheets.

Is that as cheap as I am likely to get Sopranos for?

The West Wing is only £50 at the minute - never watched it so not sure what its like.

Its the best show ever made!
That's a steal at £50.00 - I bought that box set for £150 when it first came out and it was great value at at that - my favourite show.

Never watched the west wing, thinking about getting this box set? What you think of it? I know you love it pints

HMV also has complete Friends for fifty quid

Saw Pride an Glory, Colin farrells new one sunday night, great show, i love a good cop action affair

pintsofguinness

QuoteNever watched the west wing, thinking about getting this box set? What you think of it? I know you love it pints
I'm watching it now. 

I wouldnt suggest anyone pay 50 quid for a box set of something they've never watched before though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

I have a feeling The West Wing is in my Xmas box this year so it better be good!
See the new Indiana Jones is out or coming out soon on dvd. Anyone seen it?
Nail I wouldn't take the complete Friends box set if they were giving it away. Totally overrated heap of shit. Women loved it and I'd worry about any man that raised a snigger at it!

milltown row

watched the new Indy Jones film. grand show took me back to my youth, couldn't tell ya what it was about but can do no wrong.  was in Florida in the summer and watched the stunt show, brilliant

Gold

Watched new Bond film tonight there--was very good, good fight and chase scenes and a few Russian babes thrown in to sweeten the deal!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

nrico2006

Must have been a different Bond from the one I saw as I didn't see any Russian blades. 

Watched Felon on Saturday and it was a very good show, with Stephen Dorff, Harold Perrineau and Val Kilmer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'