House fire in Omagh

Started by Lecale2, November 13, 2007, 08:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Ah boys dont be posting those whitness accounts, Its too much. I just read the bbc news report, im in a complete state of shock, cannot believe that such a tragedy happened anywhere, but in omagh.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: ziggysego on November 13, 2007, 03:58:58 PM
I heard from first count that someone seen the mother upstairs with the youngest child, banging on the windows trying to get out. Hitting the window with toys and everything. Then the smoke got too much and she collapsed and not seen again.

Heart breaking as there was nothing he could do.

f**k me.  That's hard to read.

High Catch

Unreal indeed.  Really does put everything into perspective to think that a whole family could be wiped out in one go.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hardy

It's hard to contemplate. We can only wish their families the strength to cope with this. If it can be of any consolation, it may help to consider that people succumb very quickly to smoke in such a situation and do not suffer as much pain as we may imagine.

dodo

Words fail me.

Go ndéana Dia trocaire orthu

Square Ball

Turned the TV over as I couldnt listen to any moe of it, heart breaking  :'(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

THE MIGHTY QUINN

An awful tragedy. It just shows, mind you, how dangerous some types of double glazed windows can be if you don't have an opening big enough for a person to get through. Otherwiswe you need a hammer upstairs in a place where it can be located in the dark and to be honest who thinks of that.  We forget that fires can happen so easily. A friend of mine discovered recently that the heat from the inset lights in his facial board was causing the timber behind to scorch and could have caused a fire.

balladmaker

Words are not enough for something like this.  Tragic, heartbreaking just don't come close.

May they rest in peace.

gerry

May they rest in Peace.  See the media have release photos and names tonight.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Jezuz, the police are now considering that the house maybe a crime scene - possible arson - God forbid that this was a pre-meditated act.
Tbc....

Bensars

It would have been considered a crime scene from the outset.

I live very close to it. Walked around to it last night, terrible terrible scene. Community is in total shock of it. There were more media vans etc than you see at a major football match.
may they Rest in Peace

stpauls

Quote from: dodo on November 13, 2007, 05:50:53 PM
Words fail me.

Go ndéana Dia trocaire orthu

Quote from: balladmaker on November 13, 2007, 08:14:24 PM
Words are not enough for something like this.  Tragic, heartbreaking just don't come close.

May they rest in peace.

couldn't agree more with these statements, what can you say at a moment like this.
May they Rest In Peace!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 14, 2007, 01:18:39 PM
How come the rescue services have only recovered 5 bodies? It isnt the biggest of crime scenes, surely they should have found the other 2 by now?

Would it be a case of there is nothing remaining to find?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

johnneycool

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 14, 2007, 12:24:20 PM
Jezuz, the police are now considering that the house maybe a crime scene - possible arson - God forbid that this was a pre-meditated act.

I watched the news last night on RTE at 9pm and they were reporting live from Omagh, both Barry McElduff and a reporter from a local paper were giving their thoughts on it. At the end of the piece the newspaper reporter made a comment about the PSNI looking at events leading up to the fire as well as the fire itself as the familiy were going through a bad spell the previous few weeks. I really don't know what he meant by that statement as it seemed a bit out of place with the rest of the report. Did anyone else see that report?

Terrible thing to happen irrespective of how it happened.