World Cup ticket scam

Started by StoneWall, June 15, 2007, 03:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneWall

I just got a call form from a friend of mine in Dublin who got scammed for €600. He was offer 4 tickets for Ireland V France for the blue section. The tickets were offered through gumtree.ie.

When he agreed a price for the tickets he received an email form contact@vital-express-departament.com with details of how they were holding the tickets until payment was made through Western Union. Unfortunately he set the money through Western Union and sent the details of the payment on to the bogus email address! The company masquerades as an American freight and packaging company called Vital Express.

The poor lad is as sick as a parrot. Beware!

mc_grens

Got a pair of World Cup Final tickets through the IRFU. Here's hoping I'll get to see Ireland that day!

ziggysego

I left €750 under my pillow last night for the tooth fairy. Hopefully I'll get my tickets next week. He didn't leave me a forwarding address.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 16, 2007, 12:16:09 AM
I left €750 under my pillow last night for the tooth fairy. Hopefully I'll get my tickets next week. He didn't leave me a forwarding address.

:D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

dublinfella

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 16, 2007, 09:39:44 PM
Why do so many people allow themselves to be conned over the net?
Someone sends them a photo of something and thats all the evidence they need to send of their hard earned cash.
I buy a few things on ebay, but never anything overly expensive, would you really agree to buy a car that you had never seen? Or send your money off for tickets that may not exist. If the seller is genuine he will be willing to meet you, if he is not move on to the next.

at least with ebay they will protect and reinburse you if you are the victim of fraud.

the amount of people, including business men of repute and success, who fall for the nigerian government officials nephew email scam is frightning.