Craig Bellamy in the Hatfield

Started by spiritof91and94, May 02, 2007, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6756069.stm

QuoteMobile phone footage of Wales captain Craig Bellamy singing anti-Rangers songs in a Belfast bar has found its way onto the YouTube website.

In the video Bellamy, who played for Celtic for four months during a loan move in 2005, is seen singing the club anthem "Hail, Hail the Celts are here".

The Liverpool striker then begins chanting "lets all laugh at Rangers".

The video clip, which already has almost 15,000 views, was filmed in the Hatfield Bar on the Ormeau Road.

Bellamy, who has gained a reputation as a footballing bad boy, scored seven goals in 12 games for Celtic.

Earlier this year, he found himself in the media spotlight after he allegedly tried to strike team-mate John Arne Riise with a golf club during a team training camp in Portugal.

The striker was also booed when he played for Wales against Northern Ireland in a friendly international at Windsor Park in March which ended in a scoreless goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chJcv5ysaTo

Donagh

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 15, 2007, 02:46:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6756069.stm

QuoteMobile phone footage of Wales captain Craig Bellamy singing anti-Rangers songs in a Belfast bar has found its way onto the YouTube website.

In the video Bellamy, who played for Celtic for four months during a loan move in 2005, is seen singing the club anthem "Hail, Hail the Celts are here".

The Liverpool striker then begins chanting "lets all laugh at Rangers".

The video clip, which already has almost 15,000 views, was filmed in the Hatfield Bar on the Ormeau Road.

Bellamy, who has gained a reputation as a footballing bad boy, scored seven goals in 12 games for Celtic.

Earlier this year, he found himself in the media spotlight after he allegedly tried to strike team-mate John Arne Riise with a golf club during a team training camp in Portugal.

The striker was also booed when he played for Wales against Northern Ireland in a friendly international at Windsor Park in March which ended in a scoreless goal.

Am I missing something?

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on June 15, 2007, 02:52:26 PMAm I missing something?

Not often we agree but I asked exactly the same question. When did a footballer having a few beers with some football fans, become a news story?

Spiritof98

Yes if you sing Celtic songs you're automatically a Rangers hating bigot, simple really :o
I'll go back if Marsdens back

full back

What a complete load of bollox
How can the BBC write this sort of sh1te?
I have little or no love for Bellamy but what did he say wrong - he sings 'Hail Hail', then says lets all laugh at Rangers with everyone else once or twice.
Can someone get on to them b4stards at the BBC

magpie seanie

QuoteThe Liverpool striker then begins chanting "lets all laugh at Rangers".

Anti-Rangers perhaps?

Not that it matters a shite or I give a f**k.

Evil Genius

Just another example of mediocre local journalism on a slow news day. Yawn.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Billys Boots

The YouTube name has never been more apt.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Stranworst

Met Craig the morning after that day, was coming out of a house party on Rugby Avenue about 8.30 am and there he was across the road in his clothes from the night before! Said he'd pulled but that was all we got outta him, he'd to go back to the hat and pick his stuff up. We were ripping, tried to get him to go to Helens for a fry!!