Sales

Started by Milltown Row2, July 22, 2014, 09:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Mates been offered a post in medical sales, totally out of his comfort zone but the wages  (targets met obviously) seem more than reasonable, no cold calling or any of that, the public phone for appointments so that side of things isn't too bad.

Anybody ever taken a job that's been out of their comfort zone and it has worked out for them?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2014, 09:35:48 PM
Is this the boy who was shit upon by his ex boss when he went for the new job?
[/quote

;D

I have other mates ya know!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Under Lights

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 22, 2014, 09:33:32 PM
Mates been offered a post in medical sales, totally out of his comfort zone but the wages  (targets met obviously) seem more than reasonable, no cold calling or any of that, the public phone for appointments so that side of things isn't too bad.

Anybody ever taken a job that's been out of their comfort zone and it has worked out for them?

Frank Abagnale Jnr set the precedent for taking jobs outside his comfort zone and making it work.

Tony Baloney

Sales would definitely be outside the comfort zone for most people. I would hate it although a fella in work says he loved it although he never enjoyed his holidays as always felt he should be selling.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 22, 2014, 11:02:06 PM
Sales would definitely be outside the comfort zone for most people. I would hate it although a fella in work says he loved it although he never enjoyed his holidays as always felt he should be selling.

Aye I've a friend who was a sales director for Santander and before he became director would only have taken a week off in the summer as he felt he lost money. But he's loaded now the fecker.

screenexile

Taken a few jobs out of my comfort zone.

Was working in a fairly established Insurance company with good training etc. but hated the management/job. So I threw my CV out to a local Employer who is involved in Pharmacy Sales and he said he had a job going and told me to call in. Had a fairly informal and combative interview and was told I got the job... Sales Manager looking after a team of telesales and reps who all had more experience than me!!

Just got stuck in and I've been here 3 years now. We opened up a new arm of the Company to Export Pharmaceutical stock from Ireland to the UK/Europe and I got switched over to that about a year ago and it's much better than the sales manager role so all has worked out well... except not being on target for this month! Summer months are a killer!!!

seafoid

The attraction of a sales job is totally dependent on personality
  http://www.myersbriggs.org/type-use-for-everyday-life/mbti-type-at-work/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2014, 09:47:59 AM
The attraction of a sales job is totally dependent on personality
  http://www.myersbriggs.org/type-use-for-everyday-life/mbti-type-at-work/
Did this years ago. I think I was an ISTJ as were most people in our place. Hardly surprising in a company of scientists and engineers.

WT4E

Anyone took a sales job coming from a totally different role? I've always thought about it but never had the balls to go any further that thinking about it!