Planning a weding

Started by southdown, September 04, 2013, 12:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pip_squeak

Anyone heard of The Good Guys?  Please don't tell me they are a bag of s**t as we have booked them for our wedding having seen a few good reviews and a couple of clips on Youtube...could be a fatal mistake, especially when you consider Youtube can make the most hopeless footballers look like worldbeaters!

Also looking to get a bit of traditional music for our wedding reception...any recommendations? 

Christmas Lights

I had a band called the scoundrels who were quite good.  A few people at the wedding asked me who they where.  4 piece band, drums, singer, guitars etc..  Played all the usual wedding stuff.  £900 so pretty good deal.

take_yer_points

Was at a wedding recently and Manilla Strings were playing before and during the dinner. They went round tables with a wee drum kit, a guitar and a double bass. You had to name a band or artist and they would play a song  by the band/artist - very entertaining and got the craic going from early on. Not sure on cost but I'd imagine they'd be pricey enough and you'd still have your evening music to sort out after that.

http://www.classactpromotions.ie/Band.aspx?ID=6

maggie

Quote from: holylandsniper on November 13, 2013, 01:47:14 PM
The Rockits are great band super at a wedding

Went to a wedding band showcase and ended up booking The Rockits. The seemed very good plus the lead singer has been all over social media recently showing him singing the entrance hymn as his bride walks up the aisle.

Really liked The Professionals too (think they based in belfast ) but they were booked for our date already.

Puckoon

They're excellent Maggie - you won't be disappointed. Niall and the sister are also performing music for a lot of wedding ceremonies - and they do a great job also.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maggie on January 23, 2014, 06:18:54 PM

Went to a wedding band showcase and ended up booking The Rockits. The seemed very good plus the lead singer has been all over social media recently showing him singing the entrance hymn as his bride walks up the aisle.

Really liked The Professionals too (think they based in belfast ) but they were booked for our date already.
The Professionals are very good. Was at a wedding at start of Jan they did a good mix of covers and a lot of auld Nathan Carter shite which had the dancefloor packed!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: maggie on January 23, 2014, 06:18:54 PM

the rockets are very good maggie, i have seen them at a wedding recently
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersarsfields

Yeah they were playing at a 30th Party I was at in Omagh at the weekend. Very good. Crazy how the much that clip has taken of on facebook!!

Puckoon attempting a similar social media assult with his royals renditions.