All Stars

Started by Don Draper, September 12, 2018, 08:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Congratulations to Graham on his All Star Nomination. Hard to see him beat Beggan, but worthy recognition. Hopefully he'll keep his head about him and drive on again next year. Gareth Dillon can count himself hard done by, as worthy of a nomination as the likes of Sean Andy from Galway or Che Cullen from Fermanagh, both of whom had a blanket around them throughout the year. Dillon went toe to toe with some of the best in the game one on one most of the time and acquitted himself handsomely.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Don Draper on September 12, 2018, 08:40:45 AM
Congratulations to Graham on his All Star Nomination. Hard to see him beat Beggan, but worthy recognition. Hopefully he'll keep his head about him and drive on again next year. Gareth Dillon can count himself hard done by, as worthy of a nomination as the likes of Sean Andy from Galway or Che Cullen from Fermanagh, both of whom had a blanket around them throughout the year. Dillon went toe to toe with some of the best in the game one on one most of the time and acquitted himself handsomely.
And Gareth even got in on the scoring act, scored a few vital one's this year..
Well done to Graham, next year will be a big year for him and this team.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

He won't win it but he should.
If look at it from an overall perspective, he's been the best keeper in the championship and league and made the least mistakes by a mile.

Jd

I reckon beggan will win it but mainly because he can kick points from frees and they have a good kickout strategy. Clifton mainly for kickouts. But I actually think Brody is better to stop shots and his kickouts are as good albeit in a less well established system. Beggan was very poor for Fermanagh's and Kerry  goals and at least one more . Possibly Tyrone. Cluxton is a good shot stopper but I felt a few chinks have appeared in his game so much so that teams are targeting high ball in on the full back as he's not brilliant at coming and claiming them. Maybe blue and white tinted glasses but I think Brody just brings a bit more than both from a weaker team

Joeythelips

Quote from: Don Draper on September 12, 2018, 08:40:45 AM

I agree, in fact from what I have seen this year Dillon was probably better than Brody. I was super impressed with his man marking in the Leinster final in particular. I dont think Brody will win it but nice to see Laois men involved in this. Shows hard work can pay off at times.