season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Used to have a season ticket for 3/4 years 10/12yrs ago, was decent enough value then, now if u got one long distance game now, u wouldn't attend, it's not worth the money, previous ticket yrs ago did cover league semi and final and 1st round game. Just a rip off at this stage, game ticket was like 12euro just 5/6 yrs back.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 11, 2023, 11:59:15 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 11, 2023, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 11, 2023, 05:29:27 PMYou are guaranteed your AI ticket. For that you have to expect to pay over the odds. Sporting organisations are renowned for taking advantage of loyal Fans. You are just another sucker. That's the nature of business and there is no shame in that.
Except its meant to be an amateur organisation...

Amateur sports are not free entry though.
Where did I say they should be? No one wants in for free but prices now are ripping the absolute arse out of things.

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 12, 2023, 04:41:36 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 11, 2023, 11:59:15 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 11, 2023, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 11, 2023, 05:29:27 PMYou are guaranteed your AI ticket. For that you have to expect to pay over the odds. Sporting organisations are renowned for taking advantage of loyal Fans. You are just another sucker. That's the nature of business and there is no shame in that.
Except its meant to be an amateur organisation...

Amateur sports are not free entry though.
Where did I say they should be? No one wants in for free but prices now are ripping the absolute arse out of things.

Price of everything is up though. We've had rampant inflation for a few years. The GAAs bills will be shooting up same as yours.

Redhand Santa

It's disgraceful how they are treating the most loyal fans. How can you justify charging the people who go to all the games more in than people going to individual matches? It's also crazy that you can buy league packages cheaper than season ticket holders get the league packages.

I know there is the incentive of an All Ireland ticket but the whole point was to reward loyal fans with these. Instead they are trying to use it to squeeze every last cent out of people. This was obvious last year when they upped the prices big time but took away attendance records (so anyone with money could pay for them but not go to half the games and still get their final ticket).

It started out around 75 euro and this got you all league games (including other county games not involving your own), league finals, club finals and first round of championship. You also got a 5 euro discount for championship games. It was a great deal to encourage people to attend lots of games. And even if this was still all available 150 euro wouldnt be that bad. But they've now removed the opportunity to attend other league games, the first round of the championship and the discounted championship tickets (don't forget there is loads more of these to buy to allow you the All Ireland final ticket).

clarshack

Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 12, 2023, 08:08:38 AMIt's disgraceful how they are treating the most loyal fans. How can you justify charging the people who go to all the games more in than people going to individual matches? It's also crazy that you can buy league packages cheaper than season ticket holders get the league packages.

I know there is the incentive of an All Ireland ticket but the whole point was to reward loyal fans with these. Instead they are trying to use it to squeeze every last cent out of people. This was obvious last year when they upped the prices big time but took away attendance records (so anyone with money could pay for them but not go to half the games and still get their final ticket).

It started out around 75 euro and this got you all league games (including other county games not involving your own), league finals, club finals and first round of championship. You also got a 5 euro discount for championship games. It was a great deal to encourage people to attend lots of games. And even if this was still all available 150 euro wouldnt be that bad. But they've now removed the opportunity to attend other league games, the first round of the championship and the discounted championship tickets (don't forget there is loads more of these to buy to allow you the All Ireland final ticket).

I don't think non club members will have much difficulty getting All-Ireland Final tickets going forward anyway.

Redhand Santa

The benefit was probably as much being guaranteed a decent seat for the final. Through your club you'd have to wait until the Thursday/Friday before the final to get your ticket and even then a lot of what they got were terrace/davin stand. Through the season ticket scheme you knew you were getting lower cusack fairly central tickets.

Rossfan

Was it only 6 Counties got to AI Finals since STs came in?

The 7 games for €100 is good value even if you miss one its still  still a saving.

I wonder does the Championship Package alluded to (which I suspect won't include Provincials) include an AI ticket if you go to all the games?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2023, 09:44:43 AMWas it only 6 Counties got to AI Finals since STs came in?

The 7 games for €100 is good value even if you miss one its still  still a saving.

I wonder does the Championship Package alluded to (which I suspect won't include Provincials) include an AI ticket if you go to all the games?

The €100 is good value but makes no sense to charge season ticket holders basically €150 for the same thing. Many of them won't go to the league finals if there county isn't in it or a club final in January.

Rossfan

€50 wager on your County getting to an AI Final??

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2023, 11:14:22 AM€50 wager on your County getting to an AI Final??

That's assuming you get to every single league game too, which many could not. Would likely be more than €50. Why would anyone outside of Kerry/Dublin/Tyrone/Derry/Galway buy one?

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 12, 2023, 11:19:58 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2023, 11:14:22 AM€50 wager on your County getting to an AI Final??

That's assuming you get to every single league game too, which many could not. Would likely be more than €50. Why would anyone outside of Kerry/Dublin/Tyrone/Derry/Galway buy one?

They do not want people to be able to get AI tickets outside of the who you know system. There are always people in roles in clubs etc who should get tickets, but they will not completely fill Croke Park. Beyond that with modern ticket buying they could have an account where you could buy tickets and if you go to 10 county games and 5 club games then you get a better shout at a AI ticket than if you only went to two games in the year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Redhand Santa

The whole point of any season ticket scheme is to reward loyalty by allowing cheaper tickets for multiple games and then access to tickets if your team does well. The gaa have it totally wrong that they are trying to charge the people that go to the most games extra money to attend.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rossfan on December 12, 2023, 09:44:43 AMWas it only 6 Counties got to AI Finals since STs came in?

So, your own  county's 7 NFL games for 100?

And any game for 150? (Incl your own county, other counties, AI club, NFL finals)

It's expensive enough to follow your own  county without going to  others. So I doubt many do

Why didn't they  charge  100 for your county's 7 games, and  say , an optional €5  extra if your team reached the  NFL final . So you're rewarded  for buying the ST, by getting into the NFL for a fiver , rather than 30-40.

Rossfan

The €150 only gets you the Senior Club Finals and NFL Finals on top of your own County's 7 games.
All 3 sets of fixtures bought individually would cost €70?

Would there be 100 people who might attend all 3?

In 2019 you could go to ANY NFL game, 1st Provincial game was included and you got €5 off your County's subsequent Championship games.

markl121

Took the plunge on a season ticket last night. First time using this new system, last time I had one I had a card. How soon after buying are you able to download the ticket? I didn't get a confirmation email and can't redeem my ticket on the account yet. The season ticket is showing on there as purchased though.