?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

Quote from: JimStynes on February 01, 2020, 09:35:49 AM
A great transfer window for Celtic. Great to see the board really going for the 9iar. Pathetic

Yeah poor enough Jim.  Very underwhelming.

The thing is why is it always left to the last minute to try and get deals over the line?  You'd think the top of recruitment would have a list of 6 players who would do a job - and go and try and get them - on loan of whatever.  Seems to be very lastminute.com at times.

Regardless, that squad should be big and good enough to win 9iar I think.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on February 01, 2020, 10:29:27 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 01, 2020, 09:35:49 AM
A great transfer window for Celtic. Great to see the board really going for the 9iar. Pathetic

Yeah poor enough Jim.  Very underwhelming.

The thing is why is it always left to the last minute to try and get deals over the line?  You'd think the top of recruitment would have a list of 6 players who would do a job - and go and try and get them - on loan of whatever.  Seems to be very lastminute.com at times.

Regardless, that squad should be big and good enough to win 9iar I think.

The squad should be strong enough to do 9IAR.

I'd be underwhelmed at the level of investment we've had in the past few years but I think we have bought smart this year.

Jullien and Frimpong have been excellent additions.
Forster and Elyounoussi have done very well on loan and hopefully the board will show some ambition by securing them on a permanenet basis before the season end.
Jury is still out on the likes of Taylor, Bolingoli, Elhamed, Klimala and Soro but we'll see.

I'd like to see Lennon giving more players an opportunity. Rogic was excellent against Partick and has been a key player over the last few years, we know he has quality but he's not getting a chance this season. We were persisting with Morgan and Sinclair over Shved who has not been given a sniff either. Arzani is also now back in the fold.

Sevco have dropped more points today so we just need to keep focusing on our results. We have the quality in the squad, we have the depth.

It's now time for Lennon to see the job through.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Hopefully no serious injuries in the near future. 4 points clear with a lot of games left!

Main Street

I watched the last 1/4 of Rangers v Aberdeen, their new signing, Hagi - son of Hagi, looks a tidy skilful midfielder.

toby47

Two good wekeends in a row.

Gap now at 7 points, albeit Rangers have a game in hand.

With about 20 minutes to go yesterday I was sure we weren't going to find a way through, never mind score 3 lol.

Away to Motherwell on Wednesday is a tough fixture, Rangers at home to Hibs

illdecide

I thought Celtic were poor enough yesterday and the score line flattered them a bit, Hamilton battled rightly and weren't afraid to mix it up. These plastic pitches seriously have to go, to play 6 games a season on artificial pitches in this day and age is a disgrace and Scotland need to get shot of them as they do have an impact on how you play and the personal used not to mention the injuries (although this is not 100% proven yet).
Glad to Sevco slipping up the last few games as we have not done much wrong to be fair (take the last Sevco game out of it) the fact that they have kept winning too was a worry for me but to slip up the last two games just gives us a we bit of breathing space and now puts slippy G under some big pressure, he doesn't really back his players in a way that most managers do. He makes sure he covers his own ass (Mourinho style) and isn't afraid to tell the media how poor his players are/were. Another one or two poor results and the wheels could fall off completely.

Big, big month ahead...COYBIG
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Absolutely sensational stuff from Edouard tonight.

The best Celtic player I've seen since Larsson.

clarshack

Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2020, 09:41:13 PM

Agreed. He's currently unstoppable.

marty34

Quote from: clarshack on February 05, 2020, 09:47:30 PM

He'll go for big money - better than Dembele.

Main Street

Quote from: marty34 on February 05, 2020, 11:10:31 PM

I don't know if he's better yet, Dembele has done well at Lyon and now a rated £60m target.
Edouard has markedly improved season on season, you'd think if he doesn't stop improving at this rate, then he'll be entering Larsson/Henry territory.
I hope Celtic can hold onto him for another season, at least to Jan 2021. It should be no problem to hold off the likes of Southampton and their paltry cheque book. Southampton was a limbo that Celtic players had to endure on their way to better places.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on February 06, 2020, 12:05:17 AM
Quote from: marty34 on February 05, 2020, 11:10:31 PM

I don't know if he's better yet, Dembele has done well at Lyon and now a rated £60m target.
Edouard has markedly improved season on season, you'd think if he doesn't stop improving at this rate, then he'll be entering Larsson/Henry territory.
I hope Celtic can hold onto him for another season, at least to Jan 2021. It should be no problem to hold off the likes of Southampton and their paltry cheque book. Southampton was a limbo that Celtic players had to endure on their way to better places.

MS in my opinion i believe French Eddie is better than Dembele in fact i think he's much better but it's difficult to compare them all be it they're strikers but totally different. Dembele is all power and pace and of course can finish too but for me Edouard has it all...the we touches, the dinks, the dribbles, the free kicks, beating 2-3 men with ease and playing in his team mates.
He is so unselfish which is really rare for a striker, Edouard always looks for the best option rather than score himself. He just put's it on a plate for his team mates, Celtic are going to get mega money for this man in the summer which i believe can reach £45m - £50m. G Strachan was saying last night to avoid the middle clubs and just go directly to the Man Utd's, City's of this world.
What i admire about him is his modesty and how quiet and reserved he is, just seems to keep himself to himself and do his talking on the pitch...please stay injury free until the end of the season and cash in big time...I would love he stayed but we all know that's not going to happen, so to get scary money for him in the summer and invest a good chunk of that on players would be great...(P Lawell will prob bank it but hey...)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Edouard has everything - the ability, power, pace, technique, composure and vision. He's also got a great attitude, he works hard, his temperament is fantastic.

The worry for me is that he enters in the final 2 years of his contract next year. I think Celtic need to give him a bumper deal now, extend him for an extra 2/3 years, throw in a £50m release clause and some bonus to sweeten the deal for him in the event he does capture a mammoth transfer fee. Ideally we will keep beyond this season but his contract status will likely have other clubs alerted.

Main Street

You'd despair at the amount allegedly offered for Richarlison by Barca, when Edouard is on another planet compared to him.

Kingdom37

Quote from: Main Street on February 06, 2020, 09:58:09 PM
You'd despair at the amount allegedly offered for Richarlison by Barca, when Edouard is on another planet compared to him.

Agree Richarlison is poor finisher for that type of money

dublin7

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 06, 2020, 10:17:00 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 06, 2020, 09:58:09 PM

Agree Richarlison is poor finisher for that type of money
Ah jaysus come on. What planet are you living on?

Whatever about the transfer fee but Richarlison has performed against the top teams and international standard players every week in the premier league on a poor side.

Edouard plays dundee and aberdeen every week for a team far superior to everyone else in the league.If Edouard really is that good why is he playing in Scotland for Celtic amd no one tried to sign him in the January transfer window?