Get ready to wave them flegs - Lily Windsor's coming

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 23, 2010, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

I haven't read any of this thread intentionally! However I was just pondering there - if you really wanted to assasinate Elizabeth would it be that difficult?

Nally Stand

Quote from: thejuice on May 17, 2011, 02:38:19 PM
The comments page on RTE.ie is embarrassing.

"Finally we will be seen as a civilised respectable nation"    ::)

It alternates between venomous Republicanism to pathetic grovelling with very little room for rational thought, especially noted since my comment seems to have been censored.

There's some f*****g arseholes in this world
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

armaghniac

Quoteespecially noted since my comment seems to have been censored.

What did you say Juice, perhaps you suggested that she should be introduced to Dominic Strauss-Kahn?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Banana Man

is it just me or are Irishmen and Irish women pre programmed to have an inferiority complex.

We are near as sad as the Brits with their 'special relationship' status with the yanks, we are like a poor man version of that, always looking for approval from our master like a good wee puppy

we (as a nation) need a good boot up the hole - that's if any of our hole still exists after the constant rodgering from the Brits and the IMF

DoireGael

I really think this plays into the hands of the dissidents in gaining support from young republicans/nationalists, its sad to say.

I was actually acceptive at the start but after watching it, it makes me sick seeing gstq been playing in the Garden of Remembrance. Shambles.

Not long ago the old bag honoured this guy with an old medal or two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXzX82Bg4ao

Nally Stand

Irishmen & Woman standing with/kissing the ass of the British Queen, with the British National Anthem playing, in a garden of Remembrance for those who died in the unfinished struggle for Independence. HOW MATURE ARE WE!!!? ::) Can't help but think of the Patriots who must be turning in their graves.

"Take it down from the mast Irish traitors" eh?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Agent Orange

Quote from: Banana Man on May 17, 2011, 03:20:43 PM
is it just me or are Irishmen and Irish women pre programmed to have an inferiority complex.

We are near as sad as the Brits with their 'special relationship' status with the yanks, we are like a poor man version of that, always looking for approval from our master like a good wee puppy

we (as a nation) need a good boot up the hole - that's if any of our hole still exists after the constant rodgering from the Brits and the IMF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=050otqg_5cU

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

DoireGael

Nally Stand

Quote from: 118cmal on May 17, 2011, 03:55:10 PM
To be honest I think it's good for the country to have the Queen over. Lets bury the hatchet and move to the future.  Although the past under British rule wasn't ideal, we did gain a lot from the UK, particularly in the North where we were thrown money for years. 

Can't believe people are protesting about it.  The mind boggles.

The north gained a lot from the UK?? Would you be referring to the British occupation of it in general? Or more specific things, like their widespread state murder of Irish citizens in it?

Rossfan

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 17, 2011, 03:41:59 PM
Irishmen & Woman standing with/kissing the ass of the British Queen, with the British National Anthem playing, in a garden of Remembrance for those who died in the unfinished struggle for Independence. HOW MATURE ARE WE!!!? ::) Can't help but think of the Patriots who must be turning in their graves.

Not to mention your favourite Political Party taking the Queen's Shilling for running the North.  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2011, 04:09:32 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 17, 2011, 03:41:59 PM

Not to mention your favourite Political Party taking the Queen's Shilling for running the North.  ;)

Während Sie Deutsch Schillinge natürlich

Aerlik

Still don't know what all the fuss is about...she has been visiting Ireland for years.  Coleraine, Belfast etc., are all Irish towns and cities.  Indeed Belfast is the second biggest.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Rossfan

But that was as Monarch of "her territory" as she would have it and visiting her "subjects".

She is now visiting the more southern parts of our Country as no more than a Head of State ( similar to such luminaries as the Presidents of Italy/Germany/Poland etc all of whom are totally unknowns).
Still can't see how it makes us "mature" or why we have to have hours of RTE ( and no doubt Reillyrag) arselickin'.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2011, 04:39:31 PM
But that was as Monarch of "her territory" as she would have it and visiting her "subjects".

Did you know anyone from RoI who goes to the UK automatically becomes her "subject" too. I heard that last week somewhere. If I can find the source again, I'll post it.
Testing Accessibility