Croke to get a roof

Started by sureyouwill, January 05, 2007, 01:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

And on the other side of the coin, when there was a thread recently on best atmosphere at a game, there was a large proportion of Dublin games mentioned, largely because of the Hill.

laoislad

Quote from: Hound on January 08, 2007, 01:31:41 PM
And on the other side of the coin, when there was a thread recently on best atmosphere at a game, there was a large proportion of Dublin games mentioned, largely because of the Hill.

Yeah thats why i think the hill should stay as i have said in other posts

man in black

Quote from: Gnevin on January 08, 2007, 01:07:32 PM
Quote from: man in black on January 08, 2007, 09:37:29 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 05, 2007, 02:38:44 PM
Quote from: Star Spangler on January 05, 2007, 01:49:08 PM
Exactly.  How often would the roof be put into use during the summer months? 

yeah the sun is always glaring down in the usual Irish summers :D

though if we roofed it, I think we could have problems with the grass- and its bad enough - dont really see the point in this.

Agree with ANOther, should buy them houses, tunnel over the railway and put seating in the upper tier at least.
Though apart from sentimentality, I wouldnt keep the hill the way it is.

Why keep the hill as a monument to Dublin fans? Which lets face it, that what it is. There should be a genuine monument at croke park for 1916 not somewhere for the dubs to urinate.

MIB go back to the non GAA section and stop trying to  shit stir

Ah right i see. Disagree with someone and its feck off time. Bottom line is that the hill when the dubs are playing is feckin ASBO central. Ive seen them for what they are first hand.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

man in black

i strongly object

laoislad

Quote from: i strongly object on January 08, 2007, 02:47:07 PM
What game?

How about two years ago when a chap from Wexford was about to take a penalty and some thug threw a flare from the Hill at him as he was making his run up?

i strongly object

The Liverpool crest doesnt do your whole "thug" argument much good Laoislad  ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: man in black on January 08, 2007, 02:45:00 PMIve seen them for what they are first hand.

Are you sure you weren't doing something to piss them off MIB?
Testing Accessibility

i strongly object

Quote from: ziggysego on January 08, 2007, 02:53:27 PM
Quote from: man in black on January 08, 2007, 02:45:00 PMIve seen them for what they are first hand.

Probably singing god save the queen!

laoislad

Quote from: i strongly object on January 08, 2007, 02:52:16 PM
The Liverpool crest doesnt do your whole "thug" argument much good Laoislad  ;)

Why can one not support a soccer team and also follow Gaa?
Yes Liverpool fans and english fans in general are all Hooligans but i don't support Liverpools fans i support the team and if you read earlier posts i have said it's a minority of Dublin fans,and if you think someone isn't a thug for throwing a flare at a player you are quite the simple human being

man in black

Quote from: i strongly object on January 08, 2007, 02:55:05 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 08, 2007, 02:53:27 PM

Probably singing god save the queen!

Sorry to point out but its the dublin fans than remind their northern comrades of the queens existence when the jackeens clash with any team from the wee six. Its a wonder they can get out of their Man Utd gensai's to don the sky blue at all.

man in black

Quote from: i strongly object on January 08, 2007, 02:49:01 PM
Never been have you!  ;)

With scary regularity over the last 10 years. Sick looking at the place. ;)

i strongly object

Quote from: man in black on January 08, 2007, 02:59:39 PM
Sorry to point out but its the dublin fans than remind their northern comrades of the queens existence when the jackeens clash with any team from the wee six. Its a wonder they can get out of their Man Utd gensai's to don the sky blue at all.

::)

Of course we do, every time!  ::)

And everyone knows nobody in the North supports soccer teams as well as GAA teams  ::)

Are you a serious person, you seem quite bitter

man in black

Quote from: i strongly object on January 08, 2007, 03:03:47 PM
Quote from: man in black on January 08, 2007, 02:59:39 PM

::)

Of course we do, every time!  ::)

And everyone knows nobody in the North supports soccer teams as well as GAA teams  ::)

Are you a serious person, you seem quite bitter

Err excuse me but the hill chanting "how does it feel to have a queen" is fairly damning all the same.