Croke to get a roof

Started by sureyouwill, January 05, 2007, 01:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

MIB dont worry it will not be to long till they are singing "whats it like to have the Taoiseach"  ;)

tayto

The big bad hill strikes again!  :P

Gnevin

Quote from: man in black on January 08, 2007, 03:11:08 PM
Quote from: i strongly object on January 08, 2007, 03:03:47 PM
Quote from: man in black on January 08, 2007, 02:59:39 PM
Sorry to point out but its the dublin fans than remind their northern comrades of the queens existence when the jackeens clash with any team from the wee six. Its a wonder they can get out of their Man Utd gensai's to don the sky blue at all.

::)

Of course we do, every time!  ::)

And everyone knows nobody in the North supports soccer teams as well as GAA teams  ::)

Are you a serious person, you seem quite bitter

Err excuse me but the hill chanting "how does it feel to have a queen" is fairly damning all the same.

And of course no one from the north ever  chanted theirs no london in tyrone , we can all throw stones and point out examples of idiots doing things that would shame the rest of us but back to the roof issue
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hound

Quote from: man in black on January 08, 2007, 03:11:08 PM

Err excuse me but the hill chanting "how does it feel to have a queen" is fairly damning all the same.

Well what is it like?

I've been on the Hill for all Dublin's games in Croke Park against nordie teams in the last 10 years and I can't recall that one been sung in big numbers on the Hill - which is surprising given its quite tame. Maybe this year we can get it going specially for you.

I have heard fans from the North calling Dublin fans "fenian bastards", on numerous occassions - all of which I found very funny.

two man tackle

2002 AI Semi - Dublin v Armagh. "Hill 16 is Irish only" was sung in great numbers towards the small number of Armagh fans who refused to accept that the dubs own the hill.

supersarsfields

I've been on the Hill for all Dublin's games in Croke Park against nordie teams in the last 10 years and I can't recall that one been sung in big numbers on the Hill - which is surprising given its quite tame. Maybe this year we can get it going specially for you.

I have heard fans from the North calling Dublin fans "fenian bastards", on numerous occassions - all of which I found very funny.

I've heard both sets of fans giving abuse. My stance on the Hill is that it creates a great atmosphere at a game that might not be achieved in an all-seated arena. But getting back to the point of the thread a roof is just too extravagant for the needs of the GAA. It would take funds away from other much needed areas.

tayto

I think given the estimates that have come out since the comments a roof is a non runner. 300 million, eh, no ta, grand for the roof thanks.

McGuyver

I'd love a roof..I've often had to satnd in Croker every sunday as a Garda not just when my county are playing which is rare anyway! Many a time i got a soaking.And as for the Hill,Too me as a Garda i have always been treated very well on the Hill yeah i get the odd comment from some gob shite but most of the time it's good humored and i enjoy the craic.Never really had any trouble to speak of apart from the odd lout.

ziggysego

There are dicks on all teams, but they aren't the majority of their set of supporters. Nobody has the monopoly on it. No quit the bitching.
Testing Accessibility

SuperSub

Im amused to read that the Hill is for the Dubs.If truth be told Cork fans have filled the Hill on more occasions in the past  years than the Dubs and bring just as much if not more atmosphere and colour