croker - waste of money

Started by two man tackle, January 08, 2007, 06:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

To be honest, I dont even know if he is on  the wind up.  ???

fitzroy

I want to distance myself from any racist comments that were made by two man but I will focus on the heading of this discussion and agree that croke park is a joke.

Gnevin

Quote from: two man tackle on January 09, 2007, 09:44:06 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on January 09, 2007, 12:47:02 AM
Quote from: two man tackle on January 08, 2007, 06:24:59 PM

The GAA have become so completely and wrongly obsessed with their Croke Park project and in furthering its development that they have neglected every other county and their facilities throughout the country. In my opinion it wasn't worth the money it lies empty most of the time and we only seem to fill it twice a year.
Last year its was full
Leinster Semi
Leinster Final
AI Quarter Final
AI Quarter Final
AI Quarter Final + Hurling Semi
AI Semi
AI Semi
AI Final
AI Final Hurling

Yup only twice

That is absolute nonsense that croke park was full all those times. OK twice may be an underestimate but I attended some of those fictures mentioned above and it was barely past the half-way mark, obviously your just a croke park-lovin, company yes man.

Also in response to slurs on my character that I made racist comments, this is absolute untrue and false not once did any of my posts contain anything racist.
The only doubtful ones are the AI Semi with Cork and Kerry and a Quarter Final match as i was at the rest and with the Dubs playing it was 100% full from the Leinster Final on and 99% for the semi if not full
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

corn02

although he is a shit, i have to agree with two man on the Gnevin I think you are being a bit generous on attendances. Most matches got 60,000 plus but more than a couple were not full house.

Evil Genius

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 09, 2007, 08:21:37 AM
Btw evil, you hardly can take the moral highground when you didnt bother to challenge it yourself, just thought you'd use it as an opportunity to try and reinforce your own prejudices.

I had assumed that my "challenge" was so inherently implicit in my post as to obviate the need to make it explicit; sadly, that seems not to have been enough for you, POG.
Might this be because every time you see that I've posted, it immediately produces a knee jerk reaction which causes you to attack me, regardless of what I actually say?
"Prejudice", indeed...

Anyhow, I'm pleased that others now appear to have picked up on TMT's comment and accorded it the condemnation it deserves.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

two man tackle

that editing is a disgrace. if you cant express an opinion whats the point of this site? obviously the site moderators have been partial to a few brown envelopes in the past in order to keep the presidents and the gaas dirty little secrets off the gaaboard.

tayto

Gabriel_Hurl

Quotebut I will focus on the heading of this discussion and agree that croke park is a joke.

Don't bother going back to it then

Evil Genius

Quote from: two man tackle on January 09, 2007, 02:45:18 PM
that editing is a disgrace. if you cant express an opinion whats the point of this site?

I have to say that I agree with TMT in one respect. Whilst clearly the Moderators need to protect themselves from potentially libellous comments about public figures (and therefore are justified in excising contentious sections), I feel it is totally unacceptable to "edit" (censor, actually) the expression of non-actionable opinions, no matter how repugnant those opinions and their author may be.

If Free Speech is to mean anything, it must also include the Freedom to Offend (legal constraints permitting)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

tayto

Well boys no one is making yez come on here, so you don't like the way the mods operate? then you know where the ... eh ... door is .... so to speak

two man tackle

corn02

I'll back up evil genius there. No matter how stupid his claims may appear, TMT has a right to post it, it is a discussion board after all. However should he not be back off his xmas holidays yet?

AZOffaly

Free Speech does not extend to personal insults or slanderous/libelous comments in my opinion. Also, I don't think racist comments have any place here either. If that stuff is allowed to carry on unchecked, no one will ever post here after a while. That would be a pity, as this board has lived through a lot of challenges, probably since before some of these heroes even knew what a keyboard is.

I don't think too many people get censored or banned here, and generally if it happens, they are asking for it. Look at the lattitude afforded to Flameboy.

two man tackle

im not a racist person, i never said anything racist and i stand by that, after doing some research i just found out my great grandad was an egyptian postal worker so how could i be racist? i jus dont want foreigners ruinin our game that took us gaels so long to build. they already steal our jobs and take our women.

corn02

oh jesus,  can we get this muppet banned