croker - waste of money

Started by two man tackle, January 08, 2007, 06:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

yes i rmember your post on the old board, quite disturbing if i remember.

Evil Genius

Quote from: two man tackle on January 08, 2007, 06:24:59 PM
Now in the next few months all these foreigners are gonna be playing in our stadium. Its bad enough they work in our fast food outlets and bars but now they're takin over our own game

Twelve replies to TMT, from eight different posters, and no-one thought to challenge the blatant xenophobia above, nor even point out that some of these "foreigners" might have names like Robbie Keane or Brian O'Driscoll (not to mention Andrew Trimble, or even Shane Geraghty, if picked  ;))
But perish the thought that he might impugn the integrity of a few GAA Presidents... :o
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gnevin

The GAA have become so completely and wrongly obsessed with their Croke Park project and in furthering its development that they have neglected every other county and their facilities throughout the country. In my opinion it wasn't worth the money it lies empty most of the time and we only seem to fill it twice a year.
Last year its was full
Leinster Semi
Leinster Final
AI Quarter Final
AI Quarter Final
AI Quarter Final + Hurling Semi
AI Semi
AI Semi
AI Final
AI Final Hurling

Yup only twice
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

J70

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 09, 2007, 12:45:50 AM
Now in the next few months all these foreigners are gonna be playing in our stadium. Its bad enough they work in our fast food outlets and bars but now they're takin over our own game

Twelve replies to TMT, from eight different posters, and no-one thought to challenge the blatant xenophobia above, nor even point out that some of these "foreigners" might have names like Robbie Keane or Brian O'Driscoll (not to mention Andrew Trimble, or even Shane Geraghty, if picked  ;))
But perish the thought that he might impugn the integrity of a few GAA Presidents... :o

Totally missed it, as must the others, given that it came after a load of other crap about GAA presidents. I don't there's much tolerance among the membership for that kind of idiocy. It would seem that Two Man Tackle is just another child-minded fool on here looking to stir a bit of shit and get a bit of attention.

tayto

Best thing to do is to not reply to muppets like this and then they drop off the radar in no time. obvious wind up merchant looking for attention.

full back

Two Man Tackle is an idiot.All he/she wants to do is create a platform to spout sh1t and get into arguments with 'proper' members of the board

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 09, 2007, 12:45:50 AM

Yeah, imagine, we must be all racist or it could be that everyone, like me, stopped reading before the 4th paragraph. 
I've reported the post to admin.

Btw evil, you hardly can take the moral highground when you didnt bother to challenge it yourself, just thought you'd use it as an opportunity to try and reinforce your own prejudices.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AZOffaly

I must admit I didn't see the bit about 'Foreigners' playing in Croker. I was suckered by the GAA presidents horse manure.

Obviously, I would totally reject a statement like that as well.

Dinny Breen

Evil Genius,

I saw that, didn't what to give his thread credence so reported it to a moderator instead, never mind xenophibic I thought it was down right racist....
#newbridgeornowhere

two man tackle

Quote from: Gnevin on January 09, 2007, 12:47:02 AM

The GAA have become so completely and wrongly obsessed with their Croke Park project and in furthering its development that they have neglected every other county and their facilities throughout the country. In my opinion it wasn't worth the money it lies empty most of the time and we only seem to fill it twice a year.
Last year its was full
Leinster Semi
Leinster Final
AI Quarter Final
AI Quarter Final
AI Quarter Final + Hurling Semi
AI Semi
AI Semi
AI Final
AI Final Hurling

Yup only twice

That is absolute nonsense that croke park was full all those times. OK twice may be an underestimate but I attended some of those fictures mentioned above and it was barely past the half-way mark, obviously your just a croke park-lovin, company yes man.

Also in response to slurs on my character that I made racist comments, this is absolute untrue and false not once did any of my posts contain anything racist.

AZOffaly

I think your comments had a racist slant to them Xenophobic at least. Others obviously agreed.

two man tackle

just because people agreed doesn't mean its correct. I was categorically not racist, I even know some non-white people.

AZOffaly

QuoteI even know some non-white people.

A FFS. Another wind up merchant.

full back

two man tackle

typical on the fence middle of the road gaaboard view, if someone expresses an opinion different to theirs then they're definately a wind-up merchant.