croker - waste of money

Started by two man tackle, January 08, 2007, 06:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

two man tackle

On hearing recent news that Croke Park have installed floodlights and that they are thinking about putting a roof over the field in the next few years I'd like to take the opportunity to criticise what is only a Croke Park bias within the GAA.

The GAA have become so completely and wrongly obsessed with their Croke Park project and in furthering its development that they have neglected every other county and their facilities throughout the country. In my opinion it wasn't worth the money it lies empty most of the time and we only seem to fill it twice a year. This is an absolute disgrace considering all the tax-payers and gaels money that have gone into the ground.

[Edited by Admin for libellous content]

[edited by Admin for racist content]

Admin Edit: Consider this a warning. That rubbish is out of order. As mentioned before, could the timewasters and people only signing up to spoil the place, please take it elsewhere.

I won't be paying my membership this year, I hope you all will join me in that also as you now know where ypour money really goes.

AZOffaly

That is an awful slanderous thing to say about past GAA presidents with absolutely no proof. To say all ex-GAA presidents are rich is a joke to begin with, and to suggest that they are taking back handers is disgraceful, unless you have proof of this.

To your main point, to be honest, I'm sick of the spending that is going on in provincial grounds, unless they get proper use. Limerick is a huge white elephant sitting on the Ennis Road, I don't think it's ever been full since it was done up. I'm all for having nice facilities, but I'd prefer a 20,000 capacity, with nice stand, toilets and facilities rather than a 45,000 monolith which never gets fully utilised.

fitzroy

I totally agree with the first comment! I hate dubliners aswell!

AZOffaly

Shite. I just realised I wandered into another of these multiple personality wind ups. This is getting tiring. Should we start banning IP addresses?

two man tackle

how could i possibily have proof like? i know what i know its common knowledge among gaa circles that this is true and name a president that isnt rich?

paddypastit

While I'm with AZ here, seeing as you asked
Quotename a president that isnt rich?
, let's try Brennan, Kelly, McCague, McDonagh, Boothman, Loftus that I know of?.  The only GAA president that I recall that was 'rich' was / is Peter Quinn - he may in fact be the only one evere to justifiably be so described - and "its common knowledge", very common in fact, that he was well rich before ever he became President... in fact I'd hazard a suggestion that being President was actually an inhibitor to him getting rich because the time involved in being President would leave very little time for anything else.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

two man tackle

well thats your opninion that these people arent "rich" and your entitled to it we live in a democratic country. But i think your being naive as to the hoards of wealth that some of these people, who may or may not have been previously named by you, have amassed.

paddypastit

Except two man that I actually know some of these people, and they are not rich by any generally accepted measure, except in in spirit of course, being the fine men that they are and all that 8)
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

two man tackle

oh yeah your a real big shot, and anyway as if you know these peoples finances.

Gabriel_Hurl

two man tackle

you withdraw your claims which are infactual and undertruthful. i wont withdraw anything other than my hand from your face.

corn02

Ignoring two mans childish approach to the argument, perhaps there is a bit of truth in their somewhere? However his vandetta appears to be personal, maybe he met a President who would not sign an autograph for him?

J70

Its looks like a second wave of invasion of the board by cretins is underway! Only Flameboy has hung around and tried to clean up his act since the first one after the transfer to the new board. These aren't alter egos of yours Flameboy, are they? :P

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

two man tackle

i have no idea who this flameboy is, i was on the old board but i just never re-registered very a long time.