China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

I'm off abroad in November for a week. I'm also heading down south for a weeks holidays in July.

Taylor

Considering a break to Canary Islands in October.

Wont be giving anything to the rip off hotels/restaurants/bars in tourist spots on this island mind you.

Day trips to zoo etc would be the height of it

Milltown Row2

Due to be away on the 25th of July, Easy Jet changed the flight times yesterday but I really can't see it happening which would be great, not fussed TBH, we can cancel the Airb&b villa up to the last day if the flights are cancelled.

Was checking Airb&b's online last night and didn't notice a big hike on their prices

During this period I wouldn't be too fussed on staying in a hotel anyway, somewhere remote and with a national park or great beach (or both) for a dander with my dogs would be heaven
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2020, 11:04:29 AM
Not leaving the Country this year or going near trains, buses or planes.

Same if possible.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2020, 11:04:29 AM
Not leaving the Country this year or going near trains, buses or planes.

I'm a regular overseas traveler but I'll be staying put in this country for at least the rest of year. Have been on buses, trains very few passengers on board and pretty much everyone myself included was wearing a mask and that was before they became mandatory on public transport.

maddog

Just got unofficially informed no return to office in 2020  :o

Square Ball

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2020, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 02, 2020, 06:56:09 AM
With Leicester on a local lockdown and talk about pillar 2 results, what is pillar 2

https://onthewight.com/what-is-pillar-2-covid-19-testing-and-why-do-i-need-to-know-about-it/

And the pillar 2 tests were published for NI today as well. Up by 7, 5 pillar 2 ones.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Smurfy123

Leicester the first City in the uk to be kept on lockdown
No deaths in Leicester for 7 days rolling
What is it they want places to achieve?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 02, 2020, 02:48:04 PM
Leicester the first City in the uk to be kept on lockdown
No deaths in Leicester for 7 days rolling
What is it they want places to achieve?

A reduction in new case that might spread beyond?

Rois

Quote from: maddog on July 02, 2020, 01:57:58 PM
What's your line of work? 

Earliest we're back in is September.  Heard some banks won't be in before 2021 too.

maddog

Quote from: Rois on July 02, 2020, 02:53:27 PM

Earliest we're back in is September.  Heard some banks won't be in before 2021 too.

Just normal office set up for shipping/logistics company. They apparently are doing a study to look into the whole working from home thing. Do we need offices all over the world, what savings could be made etc. It wasn't up for debate before except in a few cases but now they have admitted it has run seamlessly using the tech available so the game has changed. All the indicators are that people are happier, more productive etc.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: maddog on July 02, 2020, 02:59:42 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 02, 2020, 02:53:27 PM

Just normal office set up for shipping/logistics company. They apparently are doing a study to look into the whole working from home thing. Do we need offices all over the world, what savings could be made etc. It wasn't up for debate before except in a few cases but now they have admitted it has run seamlessly using the tech available so the game has changed. All the indicators are that people are happier, more productive etc.

Was talking to a clients son yesterday who works in a council office, they are looking to change their set up also and maybe have employees in 2 days a week and work from home the rest of the time..

He's still been working from home since lockdown

Things are changing and if the productivity is the same and employees are in a happier frame of mind then its a winner
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Before it we were talking about moving to a bigger office but now we're talking about moving to a smaller office. Can't see myself being in the office more than a few days a week maybe the rest of the year but we are definitely shut until september at least.

ardtole

My next door neighbours son works in finance, lives in Navan, and he was travelling to Galway twice a week for meetings. I presume his colleagues were travelling from other parts of the country too.

Now it is all done by zoom, said they will never meet collectively for meetings again. Absolute madness what they were doing in hindsight he reckoned.

My sister in law works in some finance position in Dublin as well,  her whole office is working from home for the rest of this year, apparently productivity is up and very few want to return full time to the office environment.