Cavanagh
Kennedy

R Donnelly
Harte
Sludden

M Donnelly
McShane
K McGeary

Alternatively we could have Frank Burns at 6 with Hampsey replacing Hugh Pat at corner back. It's probably harsh to omit Ben McDonnell who I think started the final 5 League games and was always solid enough but I think Kennedy will get the nod ahead of him.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 08, 2019, 11:40:10 AM
Team predictions for Sunday? I'll go for

Morgan

McKernan
McNamee
HP McGeary

T McCann
Hampsey
Meyler

Cavanagh
Kennedy

R Donnelly
Harte
Sludden

M Donnelly
McShane
K McGeary

Alternatively we could have Frank Burns at 6 with Hampsey replacing Hugh Pat at corner back. It's probably harsh to omit Ben McDonnell who I think started the final 5 League games and was always solid enough but I think Kennedy will get the nod ahead of him.

You'd have to guess that you wont be too far away with that team. Burns the most likely change, though you couldn't rule out McDonnell based on the league. Cassidy had a good game against Galway as well.

There is generally  a surprise starter for the first round based on who is going well in training. Could be someone like McClure or McCurry depending on how he decides to play.

Fuzzman

Right footed free taker?
Could Sludden lose his place?
Meyler the most likely there I think to lose out.

Angelo

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 08, 2019, 11:40:10 AM
Team predictions for Sunday? I'll go for

Morgan

McKernan
McNamee
HP McGeary

T McCann
Hampsey
Meyler

Cavanagh
Kennedy

R Donnelly
Harte
Sludden

M Donnelly
McShane
K McGeary

Something along those lines I'd expect. Guys like McDonnell, Burns, R Brennan and Cassidy will be pushing hard.

Harte has said we have pretty much a fully fit squad now which is good to hear.

Taking out thst starting XV, we have some very capable options from the bench.

The likes of McCurry, McAliskey, Coney, Burns, Brennan x2, Mulgrew, Grugan, Cassidy and McDonnell to name a few.

I do have some doubts about HP McGeary as a starter though.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Mikhailov

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 08, 2019, 12:40:13 PM
Right footed free taker?
We haven't had one in a long, long time. None since Peter the great on the right hand side - totally reliable, already accounted for in your head before he even gets into routine.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 08, 2019, 02:07:08 PM
Right footed free taker?
We haven't had one in a long, long time. None since Peter the great on the right hand side - totally reliable, already accounted for in your head before he even gets into routine.

McShane had been taking the right footed free kicks in the league and doing reasonably ok.
That was never a square ball!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 08, 2019, 02:17:11 PM
Right footed free taker?

McShane had been taking the right footed free kicks in the league and doing reasonably ok.

Yeah, McShane on the handier ones within 30 metres from goal and Morgan on anything further out from that side. I think that is as good as we have. McAliskey isn't good enough to warrant a starting jersey solely on his free taking ability

Mikhailov

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 08, 2019, 02:17:11 PM
Right footed free taker?

Reasonably ok. Not the sort of phrase you hear associated with Dean Rock or Sean O'Shea. We must do better on this facet of our game. Admittedly McShane has been taking them but I have zero confidence in him to get 90%+ in every game this year unless they are in front of the posts. Free kicks are crucial, especially in the latter stages of the championship

trileacman

I think McDonnell is well in front of Kennedy in the pecking order. McDonnell was immense against Cavan, Monaghan and Dublin. I'm a big Kennedy fan and there'll be days he has to be in the 15 to spoil a big midfielders game but he got roasted on the outside by Costello in the Dublin game and I think it'll count against him in the short term. He needs to improve his physical condition and speed to cut it at the very very top level.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trailer

Morgan is about 10% from 40 yards+. I'd say I've a similar record and trust me no-one was calling for me to take frees.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2019, 04:59:15 PM
Morgan is about 10% from 40 yards+. I'd say I've a similar record and trust me no-one was calling for me to take frees.

Look, blame Mickey Harte for sending a goalkeeper up to do something the best 14 outfield players in Tyrone between them can't do.

It's hardly the keepers fault - he's in no position to say no.

Jayop

I've watched videos of Morgan sticking them over from serious distance without fail in training. Seems to have a mental issue when the pressure is on in big games. He maybe gets himself too hyped up. If he could solve that issue then he could be one of the best at 40+ yard frees in the country.

In hiding

Quote from: Jayop on May 08, 2019, 06:12:39 PM
I've watched videos of Morgan sticking them over from serious distance without fail in training. Seems to have a mental issue when the pressure is on in big games. He maybe gets himself too hyped up. If he could solve that issue then he could be one of the best at 40+ yard frees in the country.
You've watched videos of Morgan at training!!
How'd you manage that

Angelo

I don't think Morgan's success rate is bad from that range. The stats are skewed because he doesn't score 6 frees in front of the post every game to supplement a few long range misses.

Bar Rock and possibly Sean O'Shea who is not really proven in the pressure cooker yet, there aren't too many players with a high % of long range frees. COC doesn't have a great % outside of his comfort zone. A lot of people come up with subjective views without the stats to support it.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL