TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

True. But i just think that so many more talented teams on paper don't dig in and scrap like them.
Even today Lomans looked like better ballers for most of the match but still couldnt put Moorefield away.
Murray, O'Connor and Sweeney were immense.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Dinny Breen

Attitude is everything in sport and Moorefield have it in abundance. Probably good for Kildare that Sweeney and O'Neill are both Moors.
#newbridgeornowhere

mayoaremagic

Referee was poor yesterday. One Moorefield defender struck two players with his fist and nothing was done about it and he was also about to give their midfielder a yellow card, until he realized he had one already. Poor decision. And to add to all that the five minutes of extra time was up when the last kick out was taken. Eanna O'Connor have blown for time wasting on last free.

AZOffaly

Very disappointed for Gerry Grehan of Lomans. His father won a Leinster Club with Ferbane back in 1986, and Gerry transferred to Lomans a few years ago. It would have been a fairly unique achievement, I'd have thought, for father and son to win provincial medals for two different clubs.

Great character by Moorefield of course. Well done to them.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 17, 2017, 03:29:22 PM
Who the f**k ran out and threw that free back from Loman's? Number 20? What the hell was he at! Gave the game away.

Billy O'Loughlin, new DIT manager, idiot. Ref not issuing reds for strikes has already been commented on but Lomans only have themselves to blame for losing the game. Even enough first half that would have been level pegging if Lomans hadn't insisted on kicking out every ball on top of a tall Moorefield midfield. I felt at half time if they rectified that and went short with the kickouts they would be there or thereabouts. Second half there was only one team in it though, it was a brilliant display by Lomans for nearly 30 minutes. They half rectified the kickouts where they started to go short half the time but once they entered the last 5 minutes they lost all sense of composure, sat back and invited Moorefield onto them and went long with every kickout. Crazy, crazy stuff. Thought Sharry and Ronan O'Toole were outstanding for Lomans, disgrace that Sharry was booked for standing his ground and not accepting the blackguarding that was coming his way.

[Edit] Just remembered the first point of the day that was clearly wide from the stands.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Gael85

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 18, 2017, 10:13:19 AM
Who the f**k ran out and threw that free back from Loman's? Number 20? What the hell was he at! Gave the game away.

Billy O'Loughlin, new DIT manager, idiot. Ref not issuing reds for strikes has already been commented on but Lomans only have themselves to blame for losing the game. Even enough first half that would have been level pegging if Lomans hadn't insisted on kicking out every ball on top of a tall Moorefield midfield. I felt at half time if they rectified that and went short with the kickouts they would be there or thereabouts. Second half there was only one team in it though, it was a brilliant display by Lomans for nearly 30 minutes. They half rectified the kickouts where they started to go short half the time but once they entered the last 5 minutes they lost all sense of composure, sat back and invited Moorefield onto them and went long with every kickout. Crazy, crazy stuff. Thought Sharry and Ronan O'Toole were outstanding for Lomans, disgrace that Sharry was booked for standing his ground and not accepting the blackguarding that was coming his way.

[Edit] Just remembered the first point of the day that was clearly wide from the stands.

O'Loughlin is getting around. He played with Parnells for a year in Dublin

shark

Quote from: Gael85 on December 18, 2017, 10:34:41 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 18, 2017, 10:13:19 AM

O'Loughlin is getting around. He played with Parnells for a year in Dublin

Doesn't even live in Mullingar. Luke Dempsey's nephew. Loman's have better (unused) subs that are not related to him.

Hound

That was some entertainment. Both teams have a few gems, I really liked the Lomans 11.

Black card probably helped, in that once the Lomans 13 got one (correctly) it seemed to make others conscious of not committing similar. Although from the replay I thought Sharry's 2nd yellow was extremely harsh.

Apart from all the comments above about how Lomans threw it away, another one was when Heslin made a mark from a kickout when level. Instead of starting an attack, he hit it backwards 15 yards. Who knows what was going through his mind.

Great stuff from Sweeney. I was probably more up for Lomans because of Jack O'Connor, but couldnt help but be delighted for the likes of Sweeney. Never stopped despite numerous things going wrong for him! He said he was part of the Kildare team that came from 6 down to beat the Dubs, I think this even trumped that! 

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Hound on December 18, 2017, 04:33:55 PM
That was some entertainment. Both teams have a few gems, I really liked the Lomans 11.

Black card probably helped, in that once the Lomans 13 got one (correctly) it seemed to make others conscious of not committing similar. Although from the replay I thought Sharry's 2nd yellow was extremely harsh.

Apart from all the comments above about how Lomans threw it away, another one was when Heslin made a mark from a kickout when level. Instead of starting an attack, he hit it backwards 15 yards. Who knows what was going through his mind.

Great stuff from Sweeney. I was probably more up for Lomans because of Jack O'Connor, but couldnt help but be delighted for the likes of Sweeney. Never stopped despite numerous things going wrong for him! He said he was part of the Kildare team that came from 6 down to beat the Dubs, I think this even trumped that!
Lomans should have fouled the Moorefield player who carried the ball through for the goal

drici

An Ghaeltacht v Tír na nÓg   beo
2-00pm

drici

Quote from: drici on January 13, 2018, 07:59:15 PM

2-00pm

Postponed.

drici

2-00pm

twohands!!!

Quote from: drici on January 25, 2018, 05:55:50 PM
2-00pm

Just to clarify this is on Saturday.

Blowitupref

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 25, 2018, 08:18:58 PM
Quote from: drici on January 25, 2018, 05:55:50 PM
2-00pm

Just to clarify this is on Saturday.
Still don't why those Intermediate club semi finals was scheduled for Sunday to clash the FBD and O Byrne cup finals. And as it turned out if they were scheduled for last Saturday the games would have went ahead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

drici

Na Piarsaigh v Slaughtneil Robert Emmets   beo
(Extra Time if required)
2-00pm

Liam Mellows v Cuala   beo
(Extra Time if required)
4-00pm