Tony Davis

Started by Dinny Breen, July 09, 2007, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

QuoteI thought that Spillane landed him in last night with his typical negative shite, he was even trying to take away from the Sligo win (areshole)

I don't think anyone with a clue about football takes Spillane that seriously. And frankly people can think all they like about the standard of the game. I hope whoever we play next thinks we're crap.

Louth Exile

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 10, 2007, 11:56:33 AM
QuoteI thought that Spillane landed him in last night with his typical negative shite, he was even trying to take away from the Sligo win (areshole)

I don't think anyone with a clue about football takes Spillane that seriously. And frankly people can think all they like about the standard of the game. I hope whoever we play next thinks we're crap.

I didn't think the standard was too bad myself, bar the free taking of course
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 10, 2007, 12:32:13 PM

Second half was very poor fare. Some very good scores in the first half though but Spillane is loathe to praise Connacht football at the best of times anyway.

Mentalman

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 10, 2007, 12:32:13 PM

Would agree. I mean these are championship deciders, not friendlies, it's up to Sligo to get down there and dog it out against what some would perceive as superior opposition. What are "smaller" counties supposed to do, sit back and give more "glamourous" counties a free hand? If Galway couldn't, actually weren't allowed,  get their act together it's hardly Sligo's problem, they are to be commended. And actually only for the woeful free taking Sligo would have won by more. It was real blood and thunder stuff from Sligo, good on them. The way the analysts go one you would think the bigger teams bestow us with classics on a regular basis, not the maybe one or so a year if we're lucky. At the end of the day it's a man's game, and most fans appreciate a team giving it their all and leaving it all on the pitch, and more often than not that's how games are decided, not through individual brilliance. While the likes of Spillane in particular may have been great players, and played in great teams and matches, I actually wonder sometimes is that a hinderance when it comes to analysing a game? Maybe better to have struggled, in not such great sides, with only the occasional success, to appreciate the efforts of others?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."