Tadhg Kennellys AFL Trials

Started by yellowcard, February 13, 2013, 02:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 27, 2017, 06:33:45 PM
I see Cillian McDaid is out in Australia on trial along with Stefan Okunbor. It will be a huge blow for Galway if McDaid gets a club although not a surprise as this is about the 4th or 5th time he's travelled overseas to be part of a trial.

My initial thought is he is a bit on the small side for AFL. They usually like them a bit bigger even though he would have the pace and athleticism alright. Been to a few trials though so he's obviously mad keen to go if he gets a chance.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 27, 2017, 07:38:37 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 27, 2017, 06:33:45 PM
I see Cillian McDaid is out in Australia on trial along with Stefan Okunbor. It will be a huge blow for Galway if McDaid gets a club although not a surprise as this is about the 4th or 5th time he's travelled overseas to be part of a trial.

My initial thought is he is a bit on the small side for AFL. They usually like them a bit bigger even though he would have the pace and athleticism alright. Been to a few trials though so he's obviously mad keen to go if he gets a chance.

I thought that but remember one of the Galway posters who knows a bit more about the ARL then I do stating his height wasn't an issue. Good luck to him but would be a loss to Galway as he's easily one of the most talented players come out of the underage in recent years.

Syferus

I see McDaid has signed with Carlton.

The Galway back line may remain generous for a bit longer.