Row in Mayo LGFA

Started by Seany, July 11, 2018, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

Quote from: Itchy on September 12, 2018, 10:55:16 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 12, 2018, 10:42:03 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 09:36:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 12, 2018, 08:28:17 PM
He's been very diplomatic. I think you listen to that it's clear what happened.

He is, held his station! He knows there are good players with Carnacon that could come back and add to the team and he does not want to burn that bridge.

Looks like Cora has been telling a few fibs. Looks like two players were told their roles in the team had changed and these players were not happy - and decided to take things into their own hands - use their power drag a few players down with them and it backfired.

This is the first time they have encountered a manager strong enough to make big decisions and wade it out.

It looked like this would go away, only for the County Board to also grow a pair and firmly put Carnacon in its place.

Cora ''opened her mouth to wide'' last week and she could live to regret some of the strong accusations she made.

Did Leahy say that?

Well he said he had  no intention of doing an interview on it until Cora said the players were not in a safe environment so I think it's reasonable to surmise she opened her moith too wide.
No that wasn't a quote from him, He did say what she said on OTB was libelous.
The most disappointing thing for me, in a list of disappointing things coming out of this was the allegation that for up to 2 or 3 days before the Cavan game players were getting texts encouraging them to jump ship and saying "sure they wont be able to field if ye pull out". Disgusting if true.
Based on Peter Leahys side of the story, which appears to be collaborated by the county board actions in sanctioning Carnacon and the players statement this was a pure childish reaction from some quarters to changes in the structure and way things were done that they didn't like and it has just escalated and escalated. unless there is a climb down from one side of embarrassing proportions I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up in court.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: iorras on September 13, 2018, 09:27:18 AM

He is, held his station! He knows there are good players with Carnacon that could come back and add to the team and he does not want to burn that bridge.

Looks like Cora has been telling a few fibs. Looks like two players were told their roles in the team had changed and these players were not happy - and decided to take things into their own hands - use their power drag a few players down with them and it backfired.

This is the first time they have encountered a manager strong enough to make big decisions and wade it out.

It looked like this would go away, only for the County Board to also grow a pair and firmly put Carnacon in its place.

Cora ''opened her mouth to wide'' last week and she could live to regret some of the strong accusations she made.

Did Leahy say that?

Well he said he had  no intention of doing an interview on it until Cora said the players were not in a safe environment so I think it's reasonable to surmise she opened her moith too wide.
The most disappointing thing for me, in a list of disappointing things coming out of this was the allegation that for up to 2 or 3 days before the Cavan game players were getting texts encouraging them to jump ship and saying "sure they wont be able to field if ye pull out". Disgusting if true.
Based on Peter Leahys side of the story, which appears to be collaborated by the county board actions in sanctioning Carnacon and the players statement this was a pure childish reaction from some quarters to changes in the structure and way things were done that they didn't like and it has just escalated and escalated. unless there is a climb down from one side of embarrassing proportions I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up in court.
Listened to this last night, was interesting, seemed to be suggesting that there were two players that were behind it all.

Halfquarter

Must have been difficult for managers over the last few years trying to work around this sort of stuff, must be like walking on a tightrope.
Theses types of situations do not develop overnight.

Captain Scarlet

Look this kinda shite would not be tolerated in Cork who are the yardstick for years.
They were a proper team and this all shows a lack of respect from a couple of players to their team-mates and their county.
As said to think they were agitating for players to drop out before a big game, to give a walkover shows where their loyalties lie.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

ballinaman

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 13, 2018, 09:35:31 AM

Did Leahy say that?

Listened to this last night, was interesting, seemed to be suggesting that there were two players that were behind it all.
Wouldn't take a whole lot of detective work to reveal the two, had it worked out before I was told for definite. A sorry end to both of their football careers with Mayo if it's stays the way it is now....

rosnarun

Quote from: ballinaman on September 13, 2018, 12:04:19 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 13, 2018, 09:35:31 AM

Did Leahy say that?

Wouldn’t take a whole lot of detective work to reveal the two, had it worked out before I was told for definite. A sorry end to both of their football careers with Mayo if it’s stays the way it is now....

I think people are jumping to conclusions about what happened ,
the rumors go.....
It is possible that some players felt it was an unhealthy environment and there personal choices beyond football were being Questioned in an unfair manner and convinced they club mates to support them . I am hearing it is very personal to the players involved and they don't want it to be known publicly and there probably are some mayo team mates not aware of the full story and I doubt if the whole story will ever officially be know .
but if what im hearing is true if they don't want further exposure they should have kept stum after initial statement rather than throwing aspersions accidentally or otherwise . but no illegal activity is being alleged AFAIK
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Captain Scarlet

But they are the ones being cagey and using words like 'unhealthy' and 'very personal' implies so much.

If these issues are serious enough to cause a mass walk-out in the first place they should surely let their own team-mates or the liaison officer know??

The timeline that we have seems to be it became unsafe, unhealthy and not nice all of a sudden. Getting on to your own team-mates to drop off and forfeit a game is hardly helping their case, or making for a good 'environment'.

I usually am a 'jury is out' man on these things, but only one side has given a clear side of events and that was Leahy. If something was so serious that it forced half a squad out, they should be fuckin screaming blue murder and Leahy and his team should be ran from the association.
And yet we wait...and still we hear whispers and implications...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rosnarun

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 13, 2018, 12:46:37 PM
But they are the ones being cagey and using words like 'unhealthy' and 'very personal' implies so much.

If these issues are serious enough to cause a mass walk-out in the first place they should surely let their own team-mates or the liaison officer know??

The timeline that we have seems to be it became unsafe, unhealthy and not nice all of a sudden. Getting on to your own team-mates to drop off and forfeit a game is hardly helping their case, or making for a good 'environment'.

I usually am a 'jury is out' man on these things, but only one side has given a clear side of events and that was Leahy. If something was so serious that it forced half a squad out, they should be fuckin screaming blue murder and Leahy and his team should be ran from the association.
again if rumours are to be believed is because its a very delicate subject which publicizing would  possibly being non football people and non football related matters into full view . which would be unfair but they still want to get the point across that they found the situation unacceptable .
they should have choosen their words better as those work are normally used a code for sex abuse which is not the case I believe
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mourne Red

Quote from: rosnarun on September 13, 2018, 01:53:25 PM

again if rumours are to be believed is because its a very delicate subject which publicizing would  possibly being non football people and non football related matters into full view . which would be unfair but they still want to get the point across that they found the situation unacceptable .
they should have choosen their words better as those work are normally used a code for sex abuse which is not the case I believe

Enlighten us to these rumours then - You're making very little sense with your replies

iorras

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 13, 2018, 02:02:20 PM

Enlighten us to these rumours then - You're making very little sense with your replies
Sounds like saying enough to keep casting aspirations on the management team, without giving any actual information.

Jinxy

Ye love an oul rumour in Mayo.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mourne Red

Quote from: iorras on September 13, 2018, 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on September 13, 2018, 02:02:20 PM

Sounds like saying enough to keep casting aspirations on the management team, without giving any actual information.

A bluffer then

heffo

Leahy came across very articulate and genuine

Shamrock Shore

It's an absolute disgrace that these women have put something out there that has lead to all sorts of nudge-nudge, no-smoke-without-fire etc. type rumours.

I haven't heard any rumours but to refer to "an unsafe environment" does suggest something of a sexual nature.

Time for Cora and Co to be damn specific on what the feck thay are referring to.

If I was Leahy I would contact a solicitor to start the slander process

Jinxy

After seeing how the Serena Williams incident in the US Open was somehow spun into a sexism issue, I can understand why everyone in Mayo is treading very carefully around these allegations.
If you are overly forceful in rubbishing them, then that becomes the story.
Sounds like Leahy struck the right tone in his interview.
Let the media glare focus on the Carnacon players now and the obvious questions should follow.
If you were any use you'd be playing.