Brolly's Rules game Truagh, Monaghan July 18th

Started by TrueGaeil, June 27, 2015, 10:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueGaeil

Hi folk's a game is being organised in Truagh, Co Monaghan on Sat 18th of July by the local club. Legends from the recent past will line out in the colours of Ulster and The Rest of Ireland. The game will be played under the proposed rule change advocated recently by Joe Brolly. Joe has proposed that, in a nutshell, the kick out must pass the 45m line and that the zone between the two 45's is occupied only by the 4 midfielders, everyone else is permitted to enter this zone only when the ball has been touched by one of the midfielders already in there. He claims this one rule change will go a long way to ridding the game of the blanket defence tactic-let's see Joe!! The Ulster team will be managed by Down's James Mc Cartan and Fermanagh legend Peter Mc Ginnity while Seamus 'Banty' Mc Enaney and Kildare stalwart Glen Ryan will patrol the sideline for Rest of Ireland. Armagh's Ronan Clarke will captain the Ulster team with Galways Padraic Joyce will skipper the opposition. Come along and meet your Heroes, throw in 6-30pm.

rrhf

great idea.. only thing is if we are strictly sticking to Joes rules do we have to jump over the wire if theres a Moortown corner back?

omaghjoe

I forgot his rules do you have to be back in your traditional position or just outside the 50'?

Banty the tactical genuis will probably find a way around it tho.

The Subbie

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 28, 2015, 01:28:56 AM
I forgot his rules do you have to be back in your traditional position or just outside the 50'?

Banty the tactical genuis will probably find a way around it tho.

I'd say the only tactics the Banty is worried about for this encounter is how he will get the crowd to leave St Mellans club house and back into the Westenera for the night.

TrueGaeil

Did any of you click on Joe's selfie video? its the 3rd post, also one of Ryan 'Ricey' Mc Menamin. God yous are wile hard on the Banty lads

omaghjoe

So anyword on how this went from you Farneyans?

Or are yous still celebrating  ;)

The Subbie

[quote  :Dauthor=omaghjoe link=topic=25954.msg1493664#msg1493664 date=1437680241]
So anyword on how this went from you Farneyans?

Or are yous still celebrating  ;)
[/quote]

All went well, banty took a crowd back to the west for a lock in and to listen to his famous empty the tank speech.

seriously though I was talking ,via twitter to one of the participants who siad it was a great day and evening, so fair play to Truagh , as a retired Emyvale GFC player those words stick in my throat  :D
;)

omaghjoe

Ha ole Banty is some craic

What about the rules tho? I presume Joe wudda been singing their praises by now if they were any good

LeoMc

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 24, 2015, 07:50:59 AM
Ha ole Banty is some craic

What about the rules tho? I presume Joe wudda been singing their praises by now if they were any good

I would say they would have worked at that level, a few lads with a fair bit of ability out for a days craic. But then the existing rules work under those conditions.

If Joes rules were introduced in the real world we would have even more focus on accurate kicking keepers spraying the ball wide for speedy "mid-fielders" to receive the ball in their chests unchallenged before laying it off to half-backs sprinting through the empty mid-field.