McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

I remember those raffles too of the naughties. Left the raffle until the end of the night when the drink was in. There were a lot f men woke up the next morning with a bill waiting for them. I know of a few where they told the club the next morning they had changed their mind.

BennyCake

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 12, 2019, 02:32:31 PM
I remember those raffles too of the naughties. Left the raffle until the end of the night when the drink was in. There were a lot f men woke up the next morning with a bill waiting for them. I know of a few where they told the club the next morning they had changed their mind.

Yes seen that myself. The auction thing was all about some wankers flashing their wealth, 'look at how much money I've got' types.

Captain Obvious

Interesting Armagh team named to start, should be a good test against the defending McKenna cup champions.

Blanine Hughes
Connaire Mackin Ryan Kennedy James Morgan
Mark Shields Brendan Donaghy Aidan Forker
Stephen Sheridan Niall Grimley
Jemar HallRory Grugan Ryan McShane
Stefan Campbell Rian O'Neill Jamie Clarke

illdecide

Armagh 0-14
Donegal 1-10

Great win for Armagh, can't get carried away as it's only McKenna cup but still another step in the right direction. Donegal certainly had a few more players missing than Armagh but still a great win all the same
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Tyrone will meet Armagh in the McKenna Cup Final after a hard-fought three-point win over Derry.

Derry 1-08 Tyrone 0-14
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Captain Obvious

Quote from: illdecide on January 13, 2019, 03:59:02 PM
Armagh 0-14
Donegal 1-10

Great win for Armagh, can't get carried away as it's only McKenna cup but still another step in the right direction. Donegal certainly had a few more players missing than Armagh but still a great win all the same

Backed up the good win against Monaghan by dethroning Donegal today. Last few games and the final is all good preparation for the NFL which Armagh need to hit the ground running in.

tonto1888

We played well. Granted it was far from a full strength Donegal side but we moved the ball well for the most part. Defended quite well and took some very good scores

balladmaker

The final should bring out a sizeable crowd ... either Athletic Grounds or Healy Park depending on who wins the toss.  Is it Saturday night or Sunday?

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on January 13, 2019, 11:37:26 PM
The final should bring out a sizeable crowd ... either Athletic Grounds or Healy Park depending on who wins the toss.  Is it Saturday night or Sunday?

Saturday night and on TG4.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lurganblue

Quote from: balladmaker on January 13, 2019, 11:37:26 PM

Athletic Grounds it is then.

rrhf

Get wired into the hoors!

pbat

Im working across the water Saturday night, can you watch TG4 online?

RealSpiritof98

Was at the tyrone game on Sunday, some very baffling decisions from the ref. Dont think i like the forward mark. Should be a good game.

I know this sound measly but isnt charging u-16s 2 quid just taking the piss at this stage

phpearse

Just noticed on the Derry goal, all the Tyrone defenders stopped when the ref blew the whistle for the catch by the forward. Forward plays on, quick pass and back of the net. Moral of the story now is NOT to play to the refs whistle and floor the forward when he catches the ball. 

lurganblue

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 14, 2019, 08:28:14 PM
Was at the tyrone game on Sunday, some very baffling decisions from the ref. Dont think i like the forward mark. Should be a good game.

I know this sound measly but isnt charging u-16s 2 quid just taking the piss at this stage

Hadnt even noticed that this was the case. Another joke from the Ulster Council. Charging kids in to watch the McKenna cup fs. Couldnt care less if it's a final or not.