Portrush gets the Open

Started by stew, October 21, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Royal Portrush will host the British open in 2019, I am delighted for the area as it will be a much needed boost to the  local economy and it will come in an era were we Irish have several players capable of winning the thing on home soil.

I am sure there will be begrudgers and all that but feck them, tens of thousands of people from all over the world will get to witness northern culture at the best time of the year they could possibly do so, they will also get to witness a tremendous venue and great atmosphere that is unique to Ireland and Ireland alone.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on October 21, 2015, 12:54:06 AM
Royal Portrush will host the British open in 2019, I am delighted for the area as it will be a much needed boost to the  local economy and it will come in an era were we Irish have several players capable of winning the thing on home soil.

I am sure there will be begrudgers and all that but feck them, tens of thousands of people from all over the world will get to witness northern culture at the best time of the year they could possibly do so, they will also get to witness a tremendous venue and great atmosphere that is unique to Ireland and Ireland alone.

The smoke from the bonfires will hardly be cleared when the players start arriving. I hope there are no road closures!!!!

charlieTully

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 21, 2015, 11:47:26 AM

The smoke from the bonfires will hardly be cleared when the players start arriving. I hope there are no road closures!!!!

and take the flegs down, its a beautiful part of the country with serious potential but the fleggers ruin it. Hopefully they will see the bigger picture but very doubtful.

magpie seanie

I know it well, have relations from near there. I might have to book in for June 2019! Lovely part of the country.

doodaa

Time to move back in with the parents and get my house rented out ;D

thebigfella

It's The Open Championship or The Open.

screenexile

Would love to go and would also be tempted to fire a room or 2 onto Air BnB to get some value out of it as I only live 40 mins away.

Anybody know what the story is with tickets? Would they be hard to come by?

thewobbler

Quote from: thebigfella on October 21, 2015, 04:29:18 PM

It's The Open Championship or The Open.

Normally I'd be a fan of this sort of pedantry. But in this instance, the use of 'British' helps the less-initiated differentiate it from the Irish Open, recently played at Royal County Down.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on October 21, 2015, 05:25:15 PM
Would love to go and would also be tempted to fire a room or 2 onto Air BnB to get some value out of it as I only live 40 mins away.

Anybody know what the story is with tickets? Would they be hard to come by?

Went to the Open at Muirfield a couple of years ago. Tickets were easy got (online) for it but I'd imagine this will be tougher!!

T Fearon

By 2019 Rory will be well past it,and Mc Dowell and Clarke will be faffing about in the Seniors Tour

muppet

Is the Anchor Bar still going strong in Portstewart?
MWWSI 2017

dec

Quote from: T Fearon on October 21, 2015, 05:35:40 PM
By 2019 Rory will be well past it,and Mc Dowell and Clarke will be faffing about in the Seniors Tour

McDowell will still be ten years from the Seniors Tour in 2019.

give her dixie

Great news, and I will certainly hope to go to as many days as possible.
It's only 50 mile from me so it would be a shame not to catch it. 

Well done to everyone involved in making it happen.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on October 21, 2015, 05:57:01 PM
Is the Anchor Bar still going strong in Portstewart?
It will never close.

ONeill

The foreigners will love Barry's.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.