Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: LeoMc on November 13, 2019, 03:54:37 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 13, 2019, 01:30:22 PM

The bottom line is I personally wouldn't believe a single word that comes out of a Sunday World journalists mouth. There is a truth out there and there are no doubt bits of the truth in what we are hearing but these "journalists" have to make it sound like they have some inside track and know the whole truth and although they'd love to tell us all they simply cant for legal reasons.

Just to pick out a couple of your points without making the thread excessively long.

Its long known yet the attacks have been going on for 5/6 years and no one has been arrested and the man that it is well known to be orchestrating is living his normal life south of the border in Cavan.

Knowing something and then printing it is different from having sufficient evidence to prosecute.

I was wondering how long it would take the media to come out with this one, he worked for the Gardai but not the PSNI as the CIRA wouldnt like that but they'd be ok with the Gardai. Such a load of bollix. Did she really say something that stupid.

She actually said the opposite. She was refuting the rumour he was working for the Gardai.

Yes, thats been known for weeks in Cavan anyway. Bought in Mullahoran I believe. Yet I dont think bleach buying is a crime yet.
No-one is saying it is a crime but if the Gardai know one of the thugs bought bleach within a certain area and time-frame and they have vidoe of a known accomplice of Cyril doing just that then it is circumstantial eviddence to point them in the correct direction.

How would she know either way
Perhaps an educated guess. Based on the fact the Gardai have been unable to charge him for lack of evidence it would suggest he doesnt leave much incriminating information written down anywhere

An educated guess I am ok with, as long as it is called out as being an educated guess and not being called out as being fact creating the illusion that this journalist has been going around the Cavan/Fermanagh border undercover for 6 years. All any of us can do is an educated guess.

five points

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 13, 2019, 04:55:58 PM
If there was a march tomorrow for Aul Quinn would you see the likes of Mickey Harte, Fr. Brian Trendy, Colm O'Rourke et al attend?

No. John Bosco O'Hagan's story suggests why.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/10/28/news/john-bosco-o-hagan-i-wish-i-had-never-tried-to-help-sean-quinn-1748052/

Hound

The bottom line is I personally wouldn't believe a single word that comes out of a Sunday World journalists mouth. There is a truth out there and there are no doubt bits of the truth in what we are hearing but these "journalists" have to make it sound like they have some inside track and know the whole truth and although they'd love to tell us all they simply cant for legal reasons.

Just to pick out a couple of your points without making the thread excessively long.

Its long known yet the attacks have been going on for 5/6 years and no one has been arrested and the man that it is well known to be orchestrating is living his normal life south of the border in Cavan.

Knowing something and then printing it is different from having sufficient evidence to prosecute.

I was wondering how long it would take the media to come out with this one, he worked for the Gardai but not the PSNI as the CIRA wouldnt like that but they'd be ok with the Gardai. Such a load of bollix. Did she really say something that stupid.

She actually said the opposite. She was refuting the rumour he was working for the Gardai.

Yes, thats been known for weeks in Cavan anyway. Bought in Mullahoran I believe. Yet I dont think bleach buying is a crime yet.
No-one is saying it is a crime but if the Gardai know one of the thugs bought bleach within a certain area and time-frame and they have vidoe of a known accomplice of Cyril doing just that then it is circumstantial eviddence to point them in the correct direction.

Perhaps an educated guess. Based on the fact the Gardai have been unable to charge him for lack of evidence it would suggest he doesnt leave much incriminating information written down anywhere
Cheers Leo. The last one she didn't claim to know. It was her guess because she doesn't think McGuinness was much of a man for laptops!

A lot of her information comes from the Gardai I believe.

Interesting that itchy thinks that someone with dissident links seen on cctv buying bleach around the time and place of the Lunney torture isn't anything to worry about! Buying bleach may not be a crime, but it depends what you do with it!!

Itchy

Quote from: Hound on November 13, 2019, 09:25:56 PM

Cheers Leo. The last one she didn't claim to know. It was her guess because she doesn't think McGuinness was much of a man for laptops!

Interesting that itchy thinks that someone with dissident links seen on cctv buying bleach around the time and place of the Lunney torture isn't anything to worry about! Buying bleach may not be a crime, but it depends what you do with it!!

Another bluffer talking shite . Just point out where I said that.

Shamrock Shore

Two men and a woman arrested.

Fill yer boots with speculation..........

Cavan19

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 14, 2019, 08:03:12 AM
Two men and a woman arrested.

Fill yer boots with speculation..........

I don't think it is the big fish yet.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Aaron Boone

Just shows what the cops can do once they put the resources into it. The kidnap of Lunney was the tipping-point and the cops were forced to act.

It'd remind you of the Kinahan weigh-in shooting at the airport hotel in 2016, it was too public and criminals believing they'd be untouchable.

Rossfan

What a pity they cant be as pro active before the excreta hits the extractor?
It seems to be a case of  an "acceptable level of criminality " but dont overdo it or we'll clamp down.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Rossfan on November 14, 2019, 10:34:13 AM
What a pity they cant be as pro active before the excreta hits the extractor?
It seems to be a case of  an "acceptable level of criminality " but dont overdo it or we'll clamp down.

Cross Border investigations have always been and will be like this. Sometimes it's nothing to do with the criminals, sometimes the PSNI and the Guards just don't like each other. Like anything in life.

Hound

Quote from: Itchy on November 13, 2019, 11:24:54 PM
Quote from: Hound on November 13, 2019, 09:25:56 PM

Another bluffer talking shite . Just point out where I said that.

Ah here, I didn't say you said anything!! I implied what you were thinking based on your posts.

In response to:

The police have CCTV of a suspect in the Lunney attack buying bleach.

You replied that "I dont think bleach buying is a crime yet.;D

You brushing this off with the above comment led me to believe that you thought this was nothing to worry about it. Maybe I was wrong. So what was the purpose of that comment?

Nobody ever said buying bleach was a crime! But someone with dissident links seen on cctv buying bleach around the time and place of the Lunney torture is quite important!

seafoid

The Gardai got the finger out in this case presumably because the company put pressure on them.
Nobody cares about drugs deaths in working class areas.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rodney trotter

There was  21 drug raids yesterday, across 8 different Counties by the Gardai. So that's a silly statement above.