?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

naka

Quote from: illdecide on April 16, 2019, 03:22:20 PM
I know people will say that i'm biased because i know NL personally but all i'm saying (not defending him) is give him a chance and if he doesn't take his chance and he's not up to the task then give him a few quid and thank him for his efforts and move him on...Simple. I'm a Celtic fan first and I want whats best for Celtic but i'm prepared to give NL a chance and see how he performs, what's annoying me is people don't want him for the job without letting the fella have a proper go (their minds were made up the first day he took over).
10 in a row is too near
we cant take chances at this stage.
sorry I have a lot of time for NL but we need to nail this one.

illdecide

Quote from: naka on April 16, 2019, 03:35:17 PM
I know people will say that i'm biased because i know NL personally but all i'm saying (not defending him) is give him a chance and if he doesn't take his chance and he's not up to the task then give him a few quid and thank him for his efforts and move him on...Simple. I'm a Celtic fan first and I want whats best for Celtic but i'm prepared to give NL a chance and see how he performs, what's annoying me is people don't want him for the job without letting the fella have a proper go (their minds were made up the first day he took over).
10 in a row is too near

I'm not sure what you mean by that...
Is it, you can't take a chance so give NL the job or you can't take a chance on NL
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Kickham csc

Quote from: illdecide on April 16, 2019, 04:20:42 PM
Quote from: naka on April 16, 2019, 03:35:17 PM
10 in a row is too near

I'm not sure what you mean by that...
Is it, you can't take a chance so give NL the job or you can't take a chance on NL

Every time a new manager comes in, you take a chance

Imposerous

The club is in a strong financial position and a should be able to identify those additions required to further bolster in certain positions which are outside the grasp of other SPL teams.  There's a strong nucleus of players already there to see out 10IAR.

The players seem to want Lenny to stay and I wonder is it not even more risky bringing in a new broom where a potentially new playing style that takes time to bed in disrupts any momentum.  Surely 10IAR is a matter of sailing this ship home?  I'd be confident that Lenny could achieve that (wouldn't care about another treble).

marty34

Quote from: Imposerous on April 16, 2019, 05:13:44 PM
The club is in a strong financial position and a should be able to identify those additions required to further bolster in certain positions which are outside the grasp of other SPL teams.  There's a strong nucleus of players already there to see out 10IAR.

The players seem to want Lenny to stay and I wonder is it not even more risky bringing in a new broom where a potentially new playing style that takes time to bed in disrupts any momentum.  Surely 10IAR is a matter of sailing this ship home?  I'd be confident that Lenny could achieve that (wouldn't care about another treble).

Hopefully Celtic do the 9 in a row next year and then push on for the magical 10 in a row the season after.

Most important thing is, as alluded to earlier, to invest to get the 10 in a row.  If they win the other 2 cups in 20/21, all well and good but full effort for the league.  That's everything!

Main Street

To give him a chance means give him the job for another season? or give him a chance to see how Celtic win the treble this season and beat Rangers at Ibrox?

Over the Bar

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2019, 08:29:08 PM
To give him a chance means give him the job for another season? or give him a chance to see how Celtic win the treble this season and beat Rangers at Ibrox?

Give him a boot up his ginger hole and remind him how he let a bankrupt Rangers beat Celtic to the title 9 years ago, only for which they would now have 9 in a row instead of 8.

ned

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 16, 2019, 09:36:37 PM

Give him a boot up his ginger hole and remind him how he let a bankrupt Rangers beat Celtic to the title 9 years ago, only for which they would now have 9 in a row instead of 8.

Apart from the fact liquidation followed the next season and they were still benefitting from being financially doped that season you are spot on!

Over the Bar

Quote from: ned on April 17, 2019, 09:56:26 AM

Apart from the fact liquidation followed the next season and they were still benefitting from being financially doped that season you are spot on!

BS.  If you are suggesting that Rangers squad was better than Celtic's you are deluded.   The writing was on the wall long before liquidation and most of the best players sold on. Lennon and Brown got blindsided by a personal spat with  El Hadji Diouf and blew a league title they should have won easily. 

tonto1888

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 18, 2019, 12:05:31 AM

Have a look back at that season again. At everything that happened. At some of the decisions that went against Celtic. Maybe you will change your mind

BS.  If you are suggesting that Rangers squad was better than Celtic's you are deluded.   The writing was on the wall long before liquidation and most of the best players sold on. Lennon and Brown got blindsided by a personal spat with  El Hadji Diouf and blew a league title they should have won easily.

ned

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 18, 2019, 12:05:31 AM

You appear to have forgotten what went on that season as tonto said.
To refresh your memory, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/28/dougie-mdconald-scottish-referee&ved=2ahUKEwik_4a5n9nhAhXbQRUIHWTyDogQFjABegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1i5SNxWCW1h74wpiMONb3N
We would have needed to be streets ahead not JUST better to have won the league that year.

illdecide

Interesting time ahead for the Hoops, get the title is in the bag and then start getting some of the development players games and see what they're made off. Young Dembele, Oko-Flex and Henderson are def 3 than we would expect to make the step up. Bringing 3 young players through would be unbelievable  into the first team but they are more than capable.
We have to seriously consider Maryan Shved and Bayo too for next season (possibly L Morgan on loan too), there is no doubt Celtic will need to invest in one quality Centre Half possibly two (Jozo Simunovic is a decent player but is too often on the treatment table) and a right back are a must for next season. Get L Griffiths back fit for next season and we'll have Leigh, Edouard and Bayo fighting it out for a spot. NL may well play two up front a lot more than BR did so another striker could be on the radar too.

I want to see Izaguirre leave (didn't do anything wrong, he's just not the quality we need), Dedryck Boyata (can't stand that man, after what he done last summer i'll never take to him so praying he doesn't sign a new contract. The worrying thing is the manager that was going to sign him is leaving his post so they may not want him now), Lustig may well get another year and can still play rightly but we do have to have cover there and he may well go back to Sweden. If NL gets the job permanent then it could end the career of Sinclair as it's clear Lennon doesn't fancy him.

As for the loanee's...Burke is raw, he has pace and power but his ball skills seem poor. Don't think he'd be worth the fee West Brom would be looking for him, Weah is decent but still haven't seen enough of him. Hard to know what way he'll go (back to PSG or stay with us for another year with an option to buy) Arzani is a talent but never got to see his talents and unfortunately got a bad injury. Probably see more of him next season before he moves back to his parent club...interesting summer ahead as we know the tribute act will try and buy their way out of Celtic going for 9 and ten in a row, Celtic really need to make a big statement this summer in the transfer market and blow the rest of them away. This may well be their last chance as if we are mediocre again this summer we will allow Sevco to get closer to us and that would be criminal...FFS bury them once and for all

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on April 20, 2019, 09:14:32 AM
Dedryck Boyata (can't stand that man, after what he done last summer i'll never take to him so praying he doesn't sign a new contract. The worrying thing is the manager that was going to sign him is leaving his post so they may not want him now),
Catch yourself on with Boyate,
It's football realism that players want to move on to the epl or bigger.
Where do you think Scott Brown came from?  a green stork?
When he was at Hibs a big club had made a move to lure him away, Hibs did not want him to go. Brown put in a transfer request and demanded to be let go. Was that club not Celtic?
As my  mother use to say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
What was good for Brown is equally good for Boyate.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on April 20, 2019, 10:11:34 AM
Quote from: illdecide on April 20, 2019, 09:14:32 AM
Dedryck Boyata (can't stand that man, after what he done last summer i'll never take to him so praying he doesn't sign a new contract. The worrying thing is the manager that was going to sign him is leaving his post so they may not want him now),
Catch yourself on with Boyate,
It's football realism that players want to move on to the epl or bigger.
Where do you think Scott Brown came from?  a green stork?
When he was at Hibs a big club had made a move to lure him away, Hibs did not want him to go. Brown put in a transfer request and demanded to be let go. Was that club not Celtic?
As my  mother use to say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
What was good for Brown is equally good for Boyate.

I don't have green tinted glasses on and can see nothing only Celtic, I know what you're saying and you have a point but Boyata refused to play and for me was a major reason we din't make the Champions League...no matter what was going on he should have played and sorted his contract/transfer out later, it was unprofessional and down right lack of respect for the club and his team mates. He was glad of Celtic and then he gets a cap for Belgium and thinks he's VVD and TBH i think he's very ordinary anyway. I would feel the same way if it was S Brown and my honest opinion is he should never have played for the club again, no player is bigger than the club and the tail was wagging the dog

clarshack

Thought Celtic had turned a corner last week but it was another horrible performance today. This league isn't done. Another 2 draws before going to ibrox (not unlikely) would give Rangers a massive lifeline.