The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on June 04, 2014, 08:42:25 PM
Great win for Murray in the fifth set. Quite an amazing finish.

Strange match. Great example of champions doing it when it matters, though.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2013, 01:20:42 PM

Barring injury Nadal should at least get the 17, he is basically a cert for the French and I'm sure he will be fired up for Wimbledon given his recent performances/absences there.  Not long to the Aussie Open now and if he keeps playing on the hard courts the way he has been this year he will be favourite for that one too.  I think Federer could win another one yet though.

Well you were proved right Nrico . 9 French titles, unbelievable Jeff .   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

gallsman

Be interesting to see if he can turn up at Wimbledon this time after his disasters the last two years. He'll be top seed but Djokovic will start as favourite. Murray will be in with a serious shout too.

Interesting to see if Nadal actually plays Halle. His back was acting up on him and he had a brief exchange with Uncle Toni after the match that suggested all wasn't well.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 08, 2014, 06:58:10 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2013, 01:20:42 PM

Barring injury Nadal should at least get the 17, he is basically a cert for the French and I'm sure he will be fired up for Wimbledon given his recent performances/absences there.  Not long to the Aussie Open now and if he keeps playing on the hard courts the way he has been this year he will be favourite for that one too.  I think Federer could win another one yet though.

Well you were proved right Nrico . 9 French titles, unbelievable Jeff .
Things you don't often see.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Niall Quinn

He's been struggling with fitness and form this year, but Nadal at 4/1 going into the French Open QFs is a tempting price.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

topcuppla

What the f**k is it with tennis players toweling their face after every shot, even when they serve a f**king ace!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: topcuppla on June 30, 2015, 03:10:11 PM
What the f**k is it with tennis players toweling their face after every shot, even when they serve a f**king ace!

Yes and then there are those who ask for 3 balls before each serve, but fire one away as if to say 'WTF is this!'
MWWSI 2017

TabClear

Quote from: muppet on July 03, 2015, 02:14:42 PM

Yes and then there are those who ask for 3 balls before each serve, but fire one away as if to say 'WTF is this!'

I assume it's something to do with pressure or how hard the ball feels.  Have you ever practiced 45s and noticed a difference between ball?

Tom Brady  does it for the New England Patriots 😉😉

muppet

Quote from: TabClear on July 03, 2015, 02:27:53 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 03, 2015, 02:14:42 PM

I assume it's something to do with pressure or how hard the ball feels.  Have you ever practiced 45s and noticed a difference between ball?

Tom Brady  does it for the New England Patriots 😉😉

If you notice pressure between you balls kicking 45s, then you are using the wrong leg.
MWWSI 2017

SHEEDY

Unreal performance by heather watson, so unlucky, but yet again Serena williams shows why she is one of the greatest ever female tennis players.
nil satis nisi optimum

Estimator

It's opening up nicely for Murray. Nadal, Ferrer & Tsonga all gone from his side of the draw.
Djokovic is two sets down at the minute as well.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

Murray got his @$$ handed to him by a man who was winning Wimbledon when he was still at school.   He's the Dublin of tennis in that if you invest enough money you may buy a few majors but no-one really sees past the initial financial advantage.